• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Alignment off on new darkhorse delivery

garagely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dark horse
Took delivery of new darkhorse today with delivery miles on it. Within first 5 min of driving i noticed alignment was quite a bit off. To get the car to go straight I have to have steering wheel tilted right a noticeable amount - about 2 o’clock instead of 12.

Any others encounter any delivery issues? Wondering if I should be worried about other possible mechanical issues or if this is one-off.
Sponsored

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Mine is off very slightly to the left. Like maybe 11:15-11:30. I plan to take it for alignment in the spring and also have some factory paint defects handled then as well.

Mustangbuc85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang(ordered) 02 mustang, 14 f250
Took delivery of new darkhorse today with delivery miles on it. Within first 5 min of driving i noticed alignment was quite a bit off. To get the car to go straight I have to have steering wheel tilted right a noticeable amount - about 2 o’clock instead of 12.

Any others encounter any delivery issues? Wondering if I should be worried about other possible mechanical issues or if this is one-off.
my mustang was like that when I bought it new in 2002. I fixed it at the shop I work at. I was told from one of the dealers that sometimes they strap them down on the trailer so tight it that it knocks the alignment off. That being said, during inspection, dealer should have fixed that

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1

Alignments are all off on every new car. No secret

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Do you know if your car came by truck or train. Train is much smoother and wouldn't have to be strapped as tight. As for the wheel angle, that could be alignment or somebody just put the steering wheel on wrong. To be honest it's probably easer to detect and fix an alignment problem that to get that steering wheel off the spline but they should check both.

OP
OP
garagely

garagely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dark horse
I’ve only put about 100 miles on it and I don’t have the handling package. Tires look fine as far as I can tell. No idea if my car came in via plane, train or otherwise. My dealer has said they’ll fix it it’s just taking some time to get an appointment.
Sponsored