• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Air diffuser

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I drove home with suspension blocks on... I had to take them off myself. I didn't think to check while I was at the dealer but once I got home, looked into the wheel well and sure enough, the big red blocks were still attached to the springs.
I think that warrants a complaint straight to Ford...
Sponsored

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Was doing my oil today and took a few shots of the strikers in case anyone needs to see how they go on

1000045014.jpg
1000045015.jpg
1000045013.jpg

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
You can do it. Need to Jack up front having the wheel turned as needed to maximize room. I had to remove them to partially loosen inner fender to cover square hole with kydex cover. Use jack stand.
I was able to install the strakes on my GT PP without raising the front end. Take out the bolts and reinstall them with the strakes. Three bolts if I recall correctly. Takes 5 minutes.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Ice Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Purchased my GT PP in February. Came across this thread and looked under. No strakes. Called the dealership and they had no idea what I was talking about. Sent them the PDI. Got a quick call back with an apology. They ordered them last night and will get installed next week.

OP
OP

Spaghettir101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Purchased my GT PP in February. Came across this thread and looked under. No strakes. Called the dealership and they had no idea what I was talking about. Sent them the PDI. Got a quick call back with an apology. They ordered them last night and will get installed next week.
Love to see it

Ice Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Got them installed today. Took them about 15 minutes. 2 hour drive round trip lol!!

IMG_2419.jpg

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Got them installed today. Took them about 15 minutes. 2 hour drive round trip lol!!

IMG_2419.jpg
Just to confirm these are not found on a regular GT without PP correct? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything either.

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost

IMG_2419.jpg
What are these for? Idk anything about them so just curious

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Dealer did not install my strakes per the PDI either!

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
There is a video out there somewhere showing all the extensive wind tunnel testing. I'm sure Ford thought these were helpful to be on PP cars. Car manufactures would be glad to save a nickel anytime they could. I'm sure these can't be that expensive and if I had GT without them I would install them. Again It shows that the open hole by the rear front tire may have something to do with turbulence.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
There is a video out there somewhere showing all the extensive wind tunnel testing. I'm sure Ford thought these were helpful to be on PP cars. Car manufactures would be glad to save a nickel anytime they could. I'm sure these can't be that expensive and if I had GT without them I would install them. Again It shows that the open hole by the rear front tire may have something to do with turbulence.
Well I just picked up my GT so I'm curious about these. So your thinking the opening behind the front wheel wells are intentional?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
So far no one really knows. There are plenty of speculations. My thoughts probably will be flamed. If one does any research on wheel well turbulence you will find that is a real thing. I speculate Ford designed the inner wheel wells for the DH and somehow just carried over to other models. This would also keep from having two different part numbers.
I still closed up my openings regardless
of what its purpose.

Sponsored

Last edited: