• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NeedFor6Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Prem AtlsBlu/SpceGry/6Spd/401A/PP/ActvExhst
I tried out the new cluster theme today. In theory it should be my favorite because I'm a sucker for the 60s Mustangs, but I actually didn't like it. The gauges are too small and hard to read. Why couldn't they have made them larger? I don't like the big gap in the middle, and I appreciate being able to see what gear I'm in. Nice gesture, but the execution isn't the best.
I believe Fox Body doesn't have the manual gear indicator either; I'm hoping that will be the next OTA update🙏. Should be able to insert where the Auto PRNDM is.
Sponsored

Tomasfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a 2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I received an automatic update on April 17. It was updated to 6.2.0. I wonder why it didn't update to the 6.3.2.
I took delivery of Mustang April 20 and it had the update. Even the salesman said not all of their stock received the update.

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Got my GT convertible in Sept, still haven't gotten the update yet. Just got 6.2 on 4/16.

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG ECOBOOST PREMIUM YELLOW SPLASH
i still havent gotten it and ive had other updates so im assuming my OTA is on!!

andrew.21def

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT, 23 Camaro, 15 Corvette Z06
I got 6.2 on 4/23 and still have not gotten 6.3.2 yet. I've got OTA on, wifi paired, auto update every Monday-Thursday.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I got 6.2 on 4/23 and still have not gotten 6.3.2 yet. I've got OTA on, wifi paired, auto update every Monday-Thursday.
Wi-Fi has *nothing* to do with these OTAs (thus far). It has only been used once in 3 years since I got my 2021 F150, and that was a fix to correct a problem with updates coming OTA via the TCU.

andrew.21def

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT, 23 Camaro, 15 Corvette Z06
Wi-Fi has *nothing* to do with these OTAs (thus far). It has only been used once in 3 years since I got my 2021 F150, and that was a fix to correct a problem with updates coming OTA via the TCU.
Thanks Roadpilot - appreciate it. Will mention it to the dealer when it's due for it's first service.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Thanks Roadpilot - appreciate it. Will mention it to the dealer when it's due for it's first service.
Yes, but be aware that the dealers won't apply any firmware updates just because they are out there (these cars are not like phones). The only way they do this is on a module-by-module basis, and that's only IF there is a problem with something and only IF someone is paying them to do it (e.g., warranty work).

Otherwise, you have to simply wait for the OTA process to bring updates to your vehicle. Not everybody gets them at the same time, either. There is no rhyme or reason, and you might get an update days, weeks, or even longer before someone else does - or vice versa.

If you're unwilling to wait, you can always buy a Mongoose-Plus VIC and a 2-day subscription to FDRS and apply them yourself, but the initial investment is ~$600 for the first time, then $53 every time you want a 2-day pass to update anything else.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
This is my only issue with it. Wish they had incorporated the gear selection into it somewhere. Otherwise I love the way it looks.
What do you mean or are referring to with "Gear Selection"??

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe Fox Body doesn't have the manual gear indicator either; I'm hoping that will be the next OTA update🙏. Should be able to insert where the Auto PRNDM is.
Or somewhere else where this is suitable room. I have the Speedo on the right hand side as My Custom Mode (when it's working) is the Sport Mode Cluster set up. Or even in Sport Mode, the Speed is above the Speed Limit indication on the right side of the Cluster and the Gear Indication could be right above the Lane Keeping animation that is on the Left hand side of the Cluster.

A Software Update could incorporate such a small item but it's a Preference item and to some not necessary. And No, I don't want to drive in "M" Manual Shift mode. :cwl: :cwl:

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The display that tells you what gear you are in. Center of the tachometer in the "normal" theme.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 132538.jpg

Whoa!!! That's missing?? Now, that is something different and I haven't seen that before!

And do you have a Manual or A10??

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Whoa!!! That's missing?? Now, that is something different and I haven't seen that before!

And do you have a Manual or A10??
Manual. It just is not part of the Classic or Fox Body instrument cluster. It's on all the others.

I also like the mph readout in the center of the speedometer which, again, not on either of those two. I get why they did it that way but I would have preferred to have the option to turn that functionality on.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual. It just is not part of the Classic or Fox Body instrument cluster. It's on all the others.

I also like the mph readout in the center of the speedometer which, again, not on either of those two. I get why they did it that way but I would have preferred to have the option to turn that functionality on.

Ok, I get it now. I hadn't even looked long enough to notice those things.

😖
Sponsored