• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

4/6 months Mustang at the dealership workshop facing issues

OP
OP

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If you are awarded $10 and the attorney keeps $4 of that award, you ARE paying it.
I agree. So I can get a replacement car on my own as long I just have to pay the registration title fee as per Texas law. Any other charges they ask me to pay, I have to decline.

But I will still speak to the lemon lawyer tomorrow and see if I can get additional compensation for the trouble outside the replacement which I can do on my own. And also try to go to the DMV tomorrow to wrap my head around the process and timeline
Sponsored

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
If you are awarded $10 and the attorney keeps $4 of that award, you ARE paying it.
The point is the lawyer negotiates the deal to add his fee above and beyond what the settlement to the owner is. I know several people who have been made whole on all their expenses and the lawyer's fee did not come out of their payment.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The point is the lawyer negotiates the deal to add his fee above and beyond what the settlement to the owner is. I know several people who have been made whole on all their expenses and the lawyer's fee did not come out of their payment.
The lawyer doesn't care who pays his fee. He's getting it even if you get boned.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not true. If you get specifically a lemon law lawyer, if your case is strong enough, you don't pay. The manufacturer pays. He only takes iron clad cases, such as this one, and his payment is added on to the settlement.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
If it were me, I would see what the dealer offers to replace it with. Even if you sacrifice on maybe not getting the exact same car, you can probably negotiate a more optioned car because the dealer doesn't need the headaches of lemon law etc. Also if that method doesn't work out, it looks good that you offered to work with Ford but couldn't reach a mutual agreement. If you go lemon law, that is 100% in your favor. I would not pay a dollar more than your previous car other than tags etc. No dealer fees and so forth.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The lawyer doesn't care who pays his fee. He's getting it even if you get boned.

Not the case with a Lemon Law Lawyer. They very rarely will take a case they won't win as stated. The guidelines are laid out and he has a really strong case.

The dealership is not going to get any compensation for him, as of now they are not even doing a straight up swap. Even if they did a straight up swap it would still not be a fair deal.

OP
OP

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If it were me, I would see what the dealer offers to replace it with. Even if you sacrifice on maybe not getting the exact same car, you can probably negotiate a more optioned car because the dealer doesn't need the headaches of lemon law etc. Also if that method doesn't work out, it looks good that you offered to work with Ford but couldn't reach a mutual agreement. If you go lemon law, that is 100% in your favor. I would not pay a dollar more than your previous car other than tags etc. No dealer fees and so forth.
The GM did ask me to send him an email with my preferred option. I do want the magneride. But from the online inventory I can't tell if a car has it or not. So will wait till tomorrow. I will probably go for a better spec car and not want to pay the extra $$. Let's see how it goes tomorrow

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
The GM did ask me to send him an email with my preferred option. I do want the magneride. But from the online inventory I can't tell if a car has it or not. So will wait till tomorrow. I will probably go for a better spec car and not want to pay the extra $$. Let's see how it goes tomorrow
That's good. Also just because the dealer doesn't have that particular car on the lot doesn't mean they can't get it from another dealer. Dealers swap inventory all the time. No cost to you of course.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I would look at the dealers online inventory, the stickers will be on there and you can see what they have. Knowing what they have and what they have ordered would be good information.

OP
OP

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Not the case with a Lemon Law Lawyer. They very rarely will take a case they won't win as stated. The guidelines are laid out and he has a really strong case.

The dealership is not going to get any compensation for him, as of now they are not even doing a straight up swap. Even if they did a straight up swap it would still not be a fair deal.
I agree with you the dealership would ensure their own best interst whereas a lemon lawyer would works towards my best interest.

OP
OP

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I would look at the dealers online inventory, the stickers will be on there and you can see what they have. Knowing what they have and what they have ordered would be good information.
That's what I expected. The window sticker option is not working though. Doesn't download or anything. Would've been so much easier

OP
OP

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Update # 2 - Post dealership meet-up

NOT good news. But not shocked, was worth a shot!

They did a trade in and valued my car at 49k exact. And for my same model and spec, were asking an additional 2k OTD. I obviously said no. Except the color everything was same.

They had another one rapid red with active exhaust. We're asking 2.5k additional for that.

Both had dealer installed XPEL tints. Not on the front window though.

According to the DMV calc. I would only be deducted $650 for mileage usage.

I guess I'll need to sign on the dotted line with a lemon lawyer tomorrow. After I get more clarity. Cause I spoke to another one today who said that if I paid $55k OTD, they'll make sure I get that except the mileage and their fees won't come out of this. My understanding is that they'll claim 60k total, 55k for me and 5k for themselves. I am guessing this obviously and the 60k is a made up number

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like that is the way to go. What did they say when you mentioned lemon law?

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Update # 2 - Post dealership meet-up

NOT good news. But not shocked, was worth a shot!

They did a trade in and valued my car at 49k exact. And for my same model and spec, were asking an additional 2k OTD. I obviously said no. Except the color everything was same.

They had another one rapid red with active exhaust. We're asking 2.5k additional for that.

Both had dealer installed XPEL tints. Not on the front window though.

According to the DMV calc. I would only be deducted $650 for mileage usage.

I guess I'll need to sign on the dotted line with a lemon lawyer tomorrow. After I get more clarity. Cause I spoke to another one today who said that if I paid $55k OTD, they'll make sure I get that except the mileage and their fees won't come out of this. My understanding is that they'll claim 60k total, 55k for me and 5k for themselves. I am guessing this obviously and the 60k is a made up number
Great work. I do believe the GM was trying to be as fair as he could but obviously wasn't going to loose any money.

Keep us posted and I hope you feel relieved. I want to believe that if the GM was willing to go this far, which you documented :), that the lemon law process will be smooth. Some good advice and debate here on the forum.
Sponsored