• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 mustang the problem with expectations

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
with all due respect, working in service and understanding the boardroom are very different things.

Ford cares. They simply misjudged the market. They’ve been able to skate by on selling nostalgia and “Magic in the air” in the past, so it should work now? Right? Wrong.

Mustang fans and the mass market alike expect much for our dollars these days. Especially in a day when it’s harder for a pony car to be compelling over the EV and other, harder-hitting competition.

Ford needs not only to profit from the Mustang, but to have that halo/goodwill effect extending to the rest of the lineup that providing a compelling Mustang gives them.

any boardroom understand this.

if it were not the case, Ford would have dropped it long ago and sold only trucks snd SUVs, and GM wouldn’t offer a corvette.

Eapecially in an American market where people love a great story, get in their feels, like to feel connected to something and lead with their heart. That’s where marketing expertise comes in. But dang the marketing guys are having to work overtime now since they have so little to work with.

the 1964.5 shook the world. This new one doesn’t even make a ripple in the ocean.

Cone on Ford. Make the Mustang that makes it truly matter again.
Very difficult to debate against your argument without parameters for a "Mustang that makes it truly matter again." Price, weight, straight line performance, track performance, down force, Lateral g limit, and braking would be a good start. If your argument is it just needs to be better, well I have plans to reduce weight and add power to my S650.

I am really just trying to understand what performance you would consider acceptable and for what price.
Sponsored

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep I don’t own a Mustang for sure …
1000000937.jpeg
1000002193.jpeg
1000003071.jpeg
And I repeat myself again. What would it take for Ford to improve upon the GT350R? And would it be under 100K. Chevy was able to move the engine and drastically improve performance. What are other front engine high performance cars? Supra, M cars, 812 Super fast, Nismo, Astons. Just trying to imagine what a better GT350R would be. I am not saying it can't be done, but what does it look like.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Very difficult to debate against your argument without parameters for a "Mustang that makes it truly matter again." Price, weight, straight line performance, track performance, down force, Lateral g limit, and braking would be a good start. If your argument is it just needs to be better, well I have plans to reduce weight and add power to my S650.

I am really just trying to understand what performance you would consider acceptable and for what price.

Well in 1915 you could get a Model T for $405 and it only weight 1500 pounds.... ...not only that but they sold 215K - way more compared to the 24 Mustang.....

Its very obvious the 24 Mustang is too heavy and too expensive..... : P

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I repeat myself again. What would it take for Ford to improve upon the GT350R? And would it be under 100K. Chevy was able to move the engine and drastically improve performance. What are other front engine high performance cars? Supra, M cars, 812 Super fast, Nismo, Astons. Just trying to imagine what a better GT350R would be. I am not saying it can't be done, but what does it look like.
If they matched the weight and horsepower of my car for 75K to 80K
I am guessing the aero and chassis tuning is better on the Dark Horse then on my car - heck even the horsepower is good at 500 - I really just wish they kept the weight closer to what my car weighs....

Part of this is just all guessing as well- as I have never actually driven a Dark Horse....so I could be blowing smoke out my ......

Anyone want to let me drive their Dark Horse?? lol

I dont have the heart to go test drive a new one if I have no intention of buying- wouldnt want to do that to the future owner.....

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they matched the weight and horsepower of my car for 75K to 80K
I am guessing the aero and chassis tuning is better on the Dark Horse then on my car - heck even the horsepower is good at 500 - I really just wish they kept the weight closer to what my car weighs....

Part of this is just all guessing as well- as I have never actually driven a Dark Horse....so I could be blowing smoke out my ......

Anyone want to let me drive their Dark Horse?? lol

I dont have the heart to go test drive a new one if I have no intention of buying- wouldnt want to do that to the future owner.....
Thanks for responding although I really wasn't directing this at you! Lol Well I got some numbers for what somebody was looking for.

My DH is chunky. However, IMO, it cruises like a big Challenger but turns like a nimble Miata. I am being a bit dramatic but it does feel like a completely different car when handling. The DH doesn't do GT350 better than a GT350 does GT350 if you know what I mean. It's a different type of feel they created. Love the blue on that 350R of yours.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Thanks for responding although I really wasn't directing this at you! Lol Well I got some numbers for what somebody was looking for.

My DH is chunky. However, IMO, it cruises like a big Challenger but turns like a nimble Miata. I am being a bit dramatic but it does feel like a completely different car when handling. The DH doesn't do GT350 better than a GT350 does GT350 if you know what I mean. It's a different type of feel they created. Love the blue on that 350R of yours.
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...problem-with-expectations.160789/post-3268329

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The “better 350” would be a 3.5TT ecoboost V6. And a 10r80 or tremec… and be 120K

and people would be complaining even more!

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Yep I don’t own a Mustang for sure …
1000000937.jpeg
1000002193.jpeg
1000003071.jpeg
That wasn't directed at you, you've had positive mustang posts before 😅 and you have the 350 in your signature.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That wasn't directed at you, you've had positive mustang posts before 😅 and you have the 350 in your signature.

cool lol and yes I do like the 24- just a few minor things that keep me from making the move....
But for someone coming from a different car- or if something happened to my car .....and if I decided to not go GT350 again (and didnt want to step up to 500 CFTP money)

Grabber Blue Dark Horse with handling pack or Eruption Green Mach 1 with handling pack ....would be a tough choice.... I go back and forth between these two in my head all the time....

The only other cars I would consider are in excess of 100K (C8 Z06 or NSX)

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The “better 350” would be a 3.5TT ecoboost V6. And a 10r80 or tremec… and be 120K

and people would be complaining even more!

The TT 3.5 would be a killer motor in the Stang- I know the die hard V8 guys would freak....but I have driven a truck with that motor- and was really impressed .....not to mention the tuning options..... I bought the slower F150 with the Coyote- but .....

Now you got me curious- how much does the 3.5 weight compared to the Coyote?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The TT 3.5 would be a killer motor in the Stang- I know the die hard V8 guys would freak....but I have driven a truck with that motor- and was really impressed .....not to mention the tuning options..... I bought the slower F150 with the Coyote- but .....

Even better with an ecoboost v8 though. They have to turbo the six to make it competitive. But turbo the 8? That’s where the real “Magic in the air” happens.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
The users that are complaining don't have mustangs 🤔 Clearly trolls. Looking over post history and no positive posts lol
Some that own mustangs, have the older version, and enjoy bashing the new model to convince themselves it’s a bad deal to upgrade. Therefore, they consistently complain about things they haven’t tried based on what they watched in videos or read in reviews.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

Very similar weights. About the same.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
We can all dream but Ford wont bring out a really new Mustang in a year or two after they just brought the all new for 2024 refreshed S550 called S650…The platform is what it is not a sportscar like alpha where front does not understeer and rear does not oversteer or even rotate into turns which the alpha did not either…Aluminum body to reduce weight is part of the F150 but a pipe dream for the Mustang so here no realistic changes either…What I see is what Ford could do to generate some excitement and make it worth the price they are asking is increase the engine bore by 10 mm which would necessitate a new block that would also be appreciated by F150 buyers who prefer V8 sound over V6 baritone as also more reliability because no turbos can go bad and bring much needed TORQUE to make the whole experience more fun…Also a few buttons would be great so you dont have to touch the screens and look at fingerprints and of course better quality would be a win/win for customer and manufacturer…!We’ll see what the future brings but its sad the so much money was wasted on Mach-E & Lightning…But GM & Stellantis wasted even more on the “electric future”…LOL

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Some that own mustangs, have the older version, and enjoy bashing the new model to convince themselves it’s a bad deal to upgrade. Therefore, they consistently complain about things they haven’t tried based on what they watched in videos or read in reviews.
As much as some may want to dismiss it, many mustang fans snd the mass market public want a compelling reason to buy a new one. When it doesn’t arrive, they vocalize in hopes that someone listens. Apparently quite a few have vocalized using their closed wallet, hence this thread.
Sponsored