• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 mustang the problem with expectations

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I work at a Ford dealership in service, and the 2024 I just bought is my 8th Mustang. I've driven versions of the generations that I haven't owned as well. I like it and think its a better car. Almost everyone on this thread has good points, but many of you are overthinking it. Like it or don't, buy it or not. You can trust me that as a manufacturer, Ford cares little for any of our opinions, and is looking for a chance to cancel it so they can make more trucks, which is where their money is. We had the Fusion, an amazing sedan in either gas or hybrid, and it sold well, but the profit per unit was a lot lower than a truck, so it got cancelled.
The market for pony cars has been shrinking as the price rises, and younger people cannot afford, nor do they care about a Mustang. We've had several '24's show up on our used car lot, purchased from import dealers who took them on trade.
The mods probably ought to lock this thread, there has already been some name calling, and I doubt that anyone will be convinced of any opinion other than their own.
I know I won't :)
Ford does care for two reasons:

1) marketing prestige and the halo effect.

2) customer sales and enthusiasm.

number two is already down. So number 1 is all they got.

what happens to Ford when it’s no longer “home of the Mustang?”

the Mach e is a fine SUV, but it’s only a “Mustang” in the eyes a few ford board members.

when it’s own fans doubt the product in tangible ways, they’ll listen. If you think a big company who’s most loved product being panned by former evangelists doesn’t affect them, Ive a bridge for sale.

also, don’t be thst guy advocating for a thread to be locked simply because you don’t agree with some of the opinions. It’s a discussion forum. Play nice and discuss.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Our warranty expense is 3X what GM and Dodge is, and new recalls are issued each week, but trucks keep going out the door...

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
We can differ all day long, but where I sit, and what I see from corporate, they do not care. We here think of the Mustang as a halo/prestige car, but if converting a plant to make more F-150's will profit them, they will do it. And the Mach E is NOT a fine SUV, its a problem riddled platform that we cannot sell, even at huge discounts. We've had the same 16 of them on the lot for the last 3 months, and in that same time, have sold one.
Yeah, I think, hell I know they don't care, and I'll stand by it.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
If Ford cared-

Aluminum Body Panels like the F150 to save weight
Steering from the GT350 for the Dark Horse
Tremec only
More integrated digital dash (Im not anti-digital but I think it could have been integrated better)

On the positive- I think the HP gain was good

I wish Ford would have spent less of cool graphics and more on weight reduction

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Ford only cares about the mustang because the FIA won't homologate the F150 for sportscar racing.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
The people complaining about S650 screens remind me of the transition from button based phones to touch phones.
You’ll have to cope to it soon, all manufacturers are on the way.

I personally love the new S650 screens and steering, the S550 dashboard looked outdated and horrible, the interior was one of the reasons I wouldn’t buy it.

S650 Mustang 2024 mustang the problem with expectations IMG_4221

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
If Ford cared-

Aluminum Body Panels like the F150 to save weight
Steering from the GT350 for the Dark Horse
Tremec only
More integrated digital dash (Im not anti-digital but I think it could have been integrated better)

On the positive- I think the HP gain was good

I wish Ford would have spent less of cool graphics and more on weight reduction
aluminum panels would be a major step in the right direction. And it’s not like it takes as much to cover the paltry number of mustangs in comparison to the trucks. Weight reduction should be priority one.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
We can differ all day long, but where I sit, and what I see from corporate, they do not care. We here think of the Mustang as a halo/prestige car, but if converting a plant to make more F-150's will profit them, they will do it. And the Mach E is NOT a fine SUV, its a problem riddled platform that we cannot sell, even at huge discounts. We've had the same 16 of them on the lot for the last 3 months, and in that same time, have sold one.
Yeah, I think, hell I know they don't care, and I'll stand by it.
with all due respect, working in service and understanding the boardroom are very different things.

Ford cares. They simply misjudged the market. They’ve been able to skate by on selling nostalgia and “Magic in the air” in the past, so it should work now? Right? Wrong.

Mustang fans and the mass market alike expect much for our dollars these days. Especially in a day when it’s harder for a pony car to be compelling over the EV and other, harder-hitting competition.

Ford needs not only to profit from the Mustang, but to have that halo/goodwill effect extending to the rest of the lineup that providing a compelling Mustang gives them.

any boardroom understand this.

if it were not the case, Ford would have dropped it long ago and sold only trucks snd SUVs, and GM wouldn’t offer a corvette.

Eapecially in an American market where people love a great story, get in their feels, like to feel connected to something and lead with their heart. That’s where marketing expertise comes in. But dang the marketing guys are having to work overtime now since they have so little to work with.

the 1964.5 shook the world. This new one doesn’t even make a ripple in the ocean.

Cone on Ford. Make the Mustang that makes it truly matter again.

Last edited:

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
The users that are complaining don't have mustangs đŸ€” Clearly trolls. Looking over post history and no positive posts lol

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT Premium vert 14K miles
Here is my dilemma

I can buy a 2013 Z06 Vette, Anniversary edition, LT4 with under 4000 miles on it for 37 grand

Or I can X plan a GT Premium ragtop with a paint option, Auto, 401A and a spare tire for about 56000

The Mustang is going to depreciate like a rock, the Vette has already eaten up most of its depreciation

I'm really trying to like the Mustang, I sold my 94 Vette w/ 47K on it, and my 2007 GT Premium ragtop that had less than 14K miles on it to fund the 2024 Mustang,

What was Ford thinking with the color options for the ragtop material.

You'll get black and you'll like it, and most of the interior colors are not conducive to the FL sunshine.

My 07 had a tan top and tan interior, which is what dealers ordered for Florida cars.

Wheels? no 5 spoke torque thrust type wheels, not even a decent polished aluminum wheel, most of them are black and look like the stuff you'd buy from J C Whitney. Any wheel upgrade is about $1000

I'm really trying to like this car but Ford is making it very hard to do so

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Here is my dilemma

I can buy a 2013 Z06 Vette, Anniversary edition, LT4 with under 4000 miles on it for 37 grand

Or I can X plan a GT Premium ragtop with a paint option, Auto, 401A and a spare tire for about 56000

The Mustang is going to depreciate like a rock, the Vette has already eaten up most of its depreciation

I'm really trying to like the Mustang, I sold my 94 Vette w/ 47K on it, and my 2007 GT Premium ragtop that had less than 14K miles on it to fund the 2024 Mustang,

You'll get black and you'll like it, and most of the interior colors are not conducive to the FL sunshine.

My 07 had a tan top and tan interior, which is what dealers ordered for Florida cars.

Wheels? no 5 spoke torque thrust type wheels, not even a decent polished aluminum wheel, most of them are black and look like the stuff you'd buy from J C Whitney. Any wheel upgrade is about $1000

Tbh, ones a twelve year old car and one's new lol I'd rather have a new car. But if you like the 2013 that's fine as well 🙂

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Here is my dilemma

I thought the 13 Z06 was the LS7?
Sponsored