• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Nite Package delayed?

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Anyone heard any rumors about the 2024 GT night package with black roof vehicles being delayed?
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
PAINT THE F'IN ROOFS

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Black is the cheapest, most abundant color out there. They aren't delaying the all-black Mustangs, but somehow delaying the Mustangs with the Black Roof? Maybe it's not exactly the black roof, and instead black headlights or wings or something? It's just easier to say black roof? Who freaking knows. I just want to see my car before winter. And luckily it sounds like I will.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Black is the cheapest, most abundant color out there. They aren't delaying the all-black Mustangs, but somehow delaying the Mustangs with the Black Roof? Maybe it's not exactly the black roof, and instead black headlights or wings or something? It's just easier to say black roof? Who freaking knows. I just want to see my car before winter. And luckily it sounds like I will.
Facts! Black is one of the most common and standard color there is. I'm guessing Ford got the wrong single piece black panels for the roof. So seems like instead of just having shells painted with the black roof already with the different colors, they just replace the fully colored panels with black ones. It saves money but I think they underestimated how many people would want the roof black. So that explains why I full black car can get scheduled because the shell is already that color. No extra work needed to replace that panel.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Years ago when Japan had a major earthquake, it caused two paint colors to have shortages. It was a metallic black and another color of what I don't remember the basics of. Don't know of any specifics of issues today, but they don't just run down to the local auto paint store and pick up paint. It is a specific manufacturer and color. Contract tight on both ends, etc. If you think black is just black that is pretty funny. Is what it is and you just have to wait. The instant gratification need of people today is..... well disturbing.

Went and looked it up. Here's a link to an article. It was a pigment shortage.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Facts! Black is one of the most common and standard color there is. I'm guessing Ford got the wrong single piece black panels for the roof. So seems like instead of just having shells painted with the black roof already with the different colors, they just replace the fully colored panels with black ones. It saves money but I think they underestimated how many people would want the roof black. So that explains why I full black car can get scheduled because the shell is already that color. No extra work needed to replace that panel.
Black is such a common and cheap color that enthusiast cars tend to be worth more if they’re not black, silver, or white.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm willing to bet that because it has to be painted after, this requires the car to be sent to another place and maybe, just maybe, that place is not ready...

Just a guess...

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
They don’t replace the roof panel. It’s part of the unibody and not removable unless you want to start cutting steel. They paint the car the base color, then paint the roof black.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
They don’t replace the roof panel. It’s part of the unibody and not removable unless you want to start cutting steel. They paint the car the base color, then paint the roof black.
This was my understanding as well, the second step to paint the roof black incurs time and cost, and is why it is a constraint and costs extra. Don't know for sure, but that was my understanding.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm willing to bet that because it has to be painted after, this requires the car to be sent to another place and maybe, just maybe, that place is not ready...

Just a guess...
Pretty sure it's all done at FRAP.