• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Sits like a cross-over with a wheel fitment similar to someone who orders ET60 wheels online when OEM is running ET35 on their winter setup
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
These are obviously pre-production models (Tooling Tryout, I assume).............but do we have a "blacked out" headlamp option here? The car with what I assume is the black accent package (black pony on the grille and tail panel & black side view mirrors etc) seems to have all dark housings around the 3 headlamps. One the other car, they appear grey/silver.

Of course, it could be a result of sunlight/glare, but they look very different here.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos Headlamp 1
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos Headlamp 2

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sits like a cross-over with a wheel fitment similar to someone who orders ET60 wheels online when OEM is running ET35 on their winter setup

Yeah, the factory setup leaves a lot to be desired. The first mod would be a bit of lowering and wheels with a decent offset :)

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos S650 Forgestar Wheels Grabber Blue

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
100% agree. Someone on my street has an area 51 maverick as well and it looks fantastic.

This color looks very similar to area 51 imo. Area 51 pops in person but looks meh in a 2D format. There's a chance it's the same thing here. Case in point, this pic I took, in person, the color was much more vibrant, the entire body was basically the same color as what you see with the bed. But in pics, it looks more washed out and flat, have no idea why, it just doesn't translate well. People who've seen vapor blue in person have said positive things about it, so I'm sure it's a similar situation there.

IMG20221105140629.jpg

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Once again...another reminder to Ford that "less is more". The Ecoboost front end is soooooooo much more attractive than the GT and Darkhorse...less plastic, less generic aggression, way more class and "car" in there...sigh.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
These are obviously pre-production models (Tooling Tryout, I assume).............but do we have a "blacked out" headlamp option here? The car with what I assume is the black accent package (black pony on the grille and tail panel & black side view mirrors etc) seems to have all dark housings around the 3 headlamps. One the other car, they appear grey/silver.

Of course, it could be a result of sunlight/glare, but they look very different here.

Headlamp 1.jpg
Headlamp 2.jpg
Yeah... the black package comes with black headlight frames

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
Is this the same as the Azure Grey that they're using on the F Series and the Bronco? Kind of like how they did the Cactus Grey/Fighter Jet Grey name swaps?

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos azure gray

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos azure
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos azure raptor

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
6 piston brakes on the rear of an Ecoboost? Hell even the GT500 doesn't get that kinda brake hardware...

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
Eh. The overhangs are fundamentally bad design. The front overhang is LONGER than the rear overhang. That's not supposed to happen in a front engine RWD car. It looks like a FWD car, except it has a better dash to axle ratio.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I won't clog up the thread but those further interested can look for more vapor blue mach e shots. I found several others I'm not copying into here. 23 MY.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 1668016538941

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 1668016200394

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Once again...another reminder to Ford that "less is more". The Ecoboost front end is soooooooo much more attractive than the GT and Darkhorse...less plastic, less generic aggression, way more class and "car" in there...sigh.
I personally like the gt front end the most. It looks like a collection of the s550's greatest hits redone in a new way. The headlights thankfully resemble the 15-17 rather than the refreshed headlights. The black contrast under the grille looks like a more restrained and attractive take on what the gt500 has. The center hood vent also looks gt500 inspired. The corner vents look like the mach-1. Overall, it looks fantastic imo.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Is this the same as the Azure Grey that they're using on the F Series and the Bronco? Kind of like how they did the Cactus Grey/Fighter Jet Grey name swaps?

azure gray.png

azure.jpg
azure raptor.jpg
So Vapor blue is basically just Azure Grey which is basically just Area 51. What the hell is going on here. Why does ford have three virtually identical shades all called three different names. That sounds overly complex. Vapor blue looks like area 51 with metallic flake and that's about it.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
So Vapor blue is basically just Azure Grey which is basically just Area 51. What the hell is going on here. Why does ford have three virtually identical shades all called three different names. That sounds overly complex. Vapor blue looks like area 51 with metallic flake and that's about it.
Pure speculation here - but it could be because they have different suppliers for the paint on F150/Bronco/Mustang - and so to fend off the possibility of anyone saying "hey, why does vapor blue look lighter on the F150 vs. Mustang?", they just call it another color to cover their bases. Just spitballing here though.
Sponsored