• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
It would be in the dealers interest to lock you in.
If you look at the AUD/USD futures, the rate is expected to improve slightly (in our favour) to 0.68 by June 24.
FoA/dealers are better off by ~2% come March.

Remind me to insist on a free set of genuine mats then! :wink:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Just discovered the Next Round of Dealer Allocations is scheduled for November, with a Jan/Feb 2024 Build. I might Postpone my Order a couple of months, although.........it means even more...............waiting!

MY24 Aust Revised TIMING – Dealer Allocations, Build & DELIVERIES – Update 17 Aug 23

New 2024 Mustang – Ford Au MilestonesRevised TIMING – Official <29/03/23 Round 2 Allocations
Product & Pricing AnnouncementQ2 2023 Update –Late Aug 2023
Dealer AllocationsQ2 2023 Update – Aug 2023Nov 2023
Build DateOct-Nov 2023Jan-Feb 2024
First DELIVERIES - Arrivals / On SaleQ1 2024

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Unless the contract has a Currency Caveat (which is not standard practice), the agreed Price should be locked in, although its probably best to check for any caveats (send them an email request for clarification, then you have it in writing).
Forgot to mention - at this stage, MY24 Contracts are all Pre-Sales - so are only indicative until FoA Releases Pricing - and then it Should (?) be just the pricing increase difference applied to your negotiated contract.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
Just discovered the Next Round of Dealer Allocations is scheduled for November, with a Jan/Feb 2024 Build. I might Postpone my Order a couple of months, although.........it means even more...............waiting!

MY24 Aust Revised TIMING – Dealer Allocations, Build & DELIVERIES – Update 17 Aug 23

New 2024 Mustang – Ford Au MilestonesRevised TIMING – Official <29/03/23 Round 2 Allocations
Product & Pricing AnnouncementQ2 2023 Update –Late Aug 2023
Dealer AllocationsQ2 2023 Update – Aug 2023Nov 2023
Build DateOct-Nov 2023Jan-Feb 2024
First DELIVERIES - Arrivals / On SaleQ1 2024
I might postpone too, just wary of first batch gremlins.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What gremlins are you expecting?

It's not like RHD vehicles out of Flat Rock are new.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What gremlins are you expecting?

It's not like RHD vehicles out of Flat Rock are new.
Not sure, never owned a Ford. Just musing that its the first batch of a new generation with more electronics, different interior and exterior. Perhaps it opens the door to things that don't work after a while, excessive panel gaps inside and out - that sort of thing.

Anyone out there with a first batch S550 that could advise if there were any quality issues?

Mechanically it should be fine (Getrag issues noted)

Reactions: JWM

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It won't be the first batch - they would've been building S650s for 6+ months by the time they get to our Oz build.
I'm not too concerned with the Oct/Nov built car.
Cool thanks, can put my concern to bed then.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It won't be the first batch - they would've been building S650s for 6+ months by the time they get to our Oz build.
I'm not too concerned with the Oct/Nov built car.
The Mustang Production Schedule timing was derailed, and paused for 2-3 months, as Ford undertook major Quality Control Restructure - from the ground up, so there should be no issues.

2024 Mustang QUALITY CONTROL Restructure 2024 Ford Mustang Production Impacted By Quality Reviews (fordauthority.com)

"Ford has placed a renewed emphasis on quality, a process that began with the hiring of former J.D. Power Vice President Josh Halliburton as its new executive director of quality. Aside from simply focusing on improving quality, Ford is also seeking to identify problems earlier in the build process using some creative methods, and even paused both 2023 Ford Super Duty and 2023 Ford Escape production after it identified certain issues early in the build process. As for how long it will ultimately take to correct these issues, opinions range from months to years, but now, the automaker’s mission to do that is impacting production of the all-new 2024 Ford Mustang as well, according to the Detroit Free Press. ...................."

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone out there with a first batch S550 that could advise if there were any quality issues?
Please remember the S550 was the first Mustang to come out of the factory in RHD, so that's probably not a 100% apples-for-apples comparison. The S550 was probably better deserving of the title "All-new".
And with all the bugs that comes along with that.

But to answer your question, there was a thread on 6G AU Delivery Checklist.
It's actually quite scary to read through that list of what we should take for granted.

Like you, I'm also wary about new releases (of anything).
My first smart phone was a Galaxy S3, some 5 years after the first iPhone!

... but you reach a point in your life, and f##k it, I just want one. :sunglasses:

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Can anyone help me with the Grabber Blue METALLIC GT I just received Please?

How do i find its actual BUILD DATE?

VIN 1FA6P8NF4P5112336

And when was the last GT built?

thanks

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone help me with the Grabber Blue METALLIC GT I just received Please?

How do i find its actual BUILD DATE?

VIN 1FA6P8NF4P5112336

And when was the last GT built?

thanks
You could try asking your Dealer for a PDF of the Window Sticker 0r to email the Screenshot of the Order Status.