• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Yeah i was just saying that they 'actually try' when they could lose a sale. I was on waiting list since march the previous year so it trickled over the 12mth mark after initially being told we would get the car in december (9mths).
I wonder if we get the detuned euro version, how many people will cancel... there might be a plethora. what are they doing with the GT then? it surely won't be more powerful than the DH!
Some weird marketing things going on and reasonings at Ford...
As Bfets identified elsewhere, the official NZ Power figures are the same as the US GTs, and I found the current AU/NZ GTs have identical KW/Nm figures, so hopefully that similarity will be consistent with our MY24 GTs. Ford New Zealand Opens Reservations for the All-New 2024 Ford Mustang | Tarmac Life | Motoring | Tech | Experiences
Sponsored

Last edited:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

Mexpirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Apparently my dealer isn't waiting for pricing and specs to be released or others to potentially cancel, simply say they can't fulfill my order and will be refunding the deposit... F*ing great

Guzz226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That sucks. Only positive I guess is better to know sooner rather than later as maybe able to hunt down something so where else?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently my dealer isn't waiting for pricing and specs to be released or others to potentially cancel, simply say they can't fulfill my order and will be refunding the deposit... F*ing great
Not what you want, however at least they are offering to return your Deposit without delay or stuffing you around.

If its any consolation, there should probably be another round of Dealer Allocations later this year or early next year.

melb_nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6g
Not what you want, however at least they are offering to return your Deposit without delay or stuffing you around.

If its any consolation, there should probably be another round of Dealer Allocations later this year or early next year.
i am under the impression total allocation for DH is approx 1000? maybe thats 2 runs?

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 6th Oct 2024
i am under the impression total allocation for DH is approx 1000? maybe thats 2 runs?
That's what my dealer told me when I tried to put a deposit down in April, spread over 18 months. Could be rumours though

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
That's what my dealer told me when I tried to put a deposit down in April, spread over 18 months. Could be rumours though
Correlates with the MY24 have a longer run than 12 months, and 18 months rings a bell with what Ford was saying late last year.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correlates with the MY24 have a longer run than 12 months, and 18 months rings a bell with what Ford was saying late last year.
Yes, an 18 Month MY24 Production run was originally scheduled (although this may not necessarily include the Dark Horse), however as that was prior to their Production Start Schedule was derailed and delayed by around 4 months with a Quality Control Restructure.

So you could reasonably speculate if the end date is firm, the 18 months will be more like 14 months.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I put a deposit down on a MY24 GT on Friday - #1 on the GT Order Bank Que - as they have not been taking Pre-Orders :)
Cool. What colour, transmission and options will you go with?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. What colour, transmission and options will you go with?
Just a basic GT A10 Auto in Atlas Blue, although I can add Magneride later, I am more of the old school preferring a more bone jarring experience to remind me of what I am driving. :)
Sponsored