• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
I understand there may be a 2nd DH allocation for Australia. I think it might not happen until end of 2024 / early 2025 but if you are really wanting one. But also as you noted, if the prices are higher than people expected, you may see a few people pull out. All will be revealed shortly with the release of the Australian pricing.
Sponsored

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
There's bound to be some flippers, which will go to the highest bidders no doubt.
Depends on how desperate people are.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been told I am one of the first at my dealer.. hoping jan delivery.. now waiting on price.
Good luck with that.
Unless your Pony is coming out on a RORO by itself, then expect a March delivery, like the rest of us. ("end of Q1").

AND that assumes production at FRAP is not affected by UAW strike action, who are aggressively chasing a 40% wage rise. (The new UAW President is obviously trying to make a name for himself).

Source:
https://fordauthority.com/2023/08/uaw-wants-40-percent-wage-gains-from-ford-gm-stellantis/

Current UAW agreements with Ford expire September 14 2023, and the UAW are not ruling out strike action to get what they want. Hypothetically, if that were to happen and drag on, it would obviously push back our RHD production window (which I'm currently guessing starts late Nov, if the "end of Q1" delivery is to be believed.)

The last auto workers strike was in 2019, when 48,000 UAW members at General Motors walked off the job for six weeks.
Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/12/cars/uaw-head-strike-big-three/index.html

UAW have already stated strike action with more than one automaker is on the cards to demonstrate they are serious.

Let's hope the automakers can avoid any strikes, or having disgruntled workers assemble bodgy cars that become problematic.

Don't shoot the messenger! :computerrage:

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 6th Oct 2024
Dear Steve

Hopefully I am wrong. However, I understood that Australia is not going to get the base model GT. So when I run a semi-performance Auto GT model through the US configurator (with active exhaust, magneride, brembos, sound, heated / cooled seats etc) I get a price well over $50kUS. Then I add some extra cost for shipping to Australia and I am over $55US. On current exchange rates that comes to over $85AUD.

Then I looked at the NZ prices. There sole GT option (Auto & performance) comes to $87k after the exchange rate.

Now Australia might get a different configuration that could keep it under 80k or I might be well of on my calculations - which happens often.

So let’s hope I am both wrong on my assumptions and calculations.

And having worked with Ford US for a number of years, nothing I say here will affect the Australian pricing.
I get AUD 81k via exchange rate method accounting for NZ having 15% GST and Aus being at 10%, I also get that via the US website afrer removing the 1k gas guzzler tax. But as Steve said there is something going on as we know the current GT manual was about 70k (inc GST). My paperwork when ordering a '24 GT showed 70k as a reference price which I presume was a current S550 price.

For me if its more than 73k before on roads I'll have my deposit back thanks Ford.

melb_nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6g
Good luck with that.
Unless your Pony is coming out on a RORO by itself, then expect a March delivery, like the rest of us. ("end of Q1").

AND that assumes production at FRAP is not affected by UAW strike action, who are aggressively chasing a 40% wage rise. (The new UAW President is obviously trying to make a name for himself).

Source:
https://fordauthority.com/2023/08/uaw-wants-40-percent-wage-gains-from-ford-gm-stellantis/

Current UAW agreements with Ford expire September 14 2023, and the UAW are not ruling out strike action to get what they want. Hypothetically, if that were to happen and drag on, it would obviously push back our RHD production window (which I'm currently guessing starts late Nov, if the "end of Q1" delivery is to be believed.)

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/12/cars/uaw-head-strike-big-three/index.html

UAW have already stated strike action with more than one automaker is on the cards to demonstrate they are serious.

Let's hope the automakers can avoid any strikes, or having disgruntled workers assemble bodgy cars that become problematic.

Don't shoot the messenger! :computerrage:
Honestly not fussed at all. I have done this dance before with the mustang

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Shooting an email off to my dealer as a monday morning hello to see if he has any news at all.
I didn't ask him where i was in the list previously so that made its way into the email.
Im ordering a GT, auto, vapor blue (FYI for darkhose crew)...
im ordering from Bremer Ford in ipswich, which during my everest purchase were pretty lax in communication, it was actually really bad lol... But when push came to shove and i was at the 12mth mark i found a local low km Isuzu MUX with no extra $$$ and they 'happen' to find exactly my spec in a diff colour that hour! :giggle:
IM assuming it was a demo they allocated as the invoice read a bit strange. Anyway, I think that was fair enough, but might get extended further past Q1 next year. If the US deliveries are anything to go by? Still no one received a car. not 1. its pretty crazy, some have had their cars 'produced' for months.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Australian MY24 Mustang Allocations

Just got an interesting anonymous heads-up and it seems the ratio of Dark Horse Allocations to the GT Fastback is much higher than I expected (or less GT F/Bs) - only 34% Autos less, and 57 more Manuals than the GT Fastback.

Apparently Production is scheduled for Oct-Nov 23.

GT Fastback auto 526 Ecoboost auto 106
GT Fastback manual 196 GT convertible 95
Total GT Fastback 722

Dark Horse Auto 347 (179 or 34% Less than GT)
Dark Horse Manual 253 (57 More than GT)
Total Dark Horse 600

Probably relatively Good for DH buyers (although good luck getting one!), but conversely less GTs than I was hoping - which could possibly produce a potential shortage of GTs, given the limited spasmodic availability early last year, and huge hiatus from closed Au GT sales since July/Aug last year (although a lot of potential buyers would have gone with other cars).

Hopefully FoA could do another round of Allocations for both GTs & DH, but how many and soon are the obvious questions, although they are probably doing a "wait and see" test the market strategy (there is bound to be an initial pent-up surge in demand) - although our RHD production limitations and supply are probably factors also.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Shooting an email off to my dealer as a monday morning hello to see if he has any news at all.
I didn't ask him where i was in the list previously so that made its way into the email.
Im ordering a GT, auto, vapor blue (FYI for darkhose crew)...
im ordering from Bremer Ford in ipswich, which during my everest purchase were pretty lax in communication, it was actually really bad lol... But when push came to shove and i was at the 12mth mark i found a local low km Isuzu MUX with no extra $$$ and they 'happen' to find exactly my spec in a diff colour that hour! :giggle:
IM assuming it was a demo they allocated as the invoice read a bit strange. Anyway, I think that was fair enough, but might get extended further past Q1 next year. If the US deliveries are anything to go by? Still no one received a car. not 1. its pretty crazy, some have had their cars 'produced' for months.
You dont have to buy from your local dealer - best to shop your deal.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet

Just got an interesting anonymous heads-up and it seems the ratio of Dark Horse Allocations to the GT Fastback is much higher than I expected (or less GT F/Bs) - only 34% Autos less, and 57 more Manuals than the GT Fastback.

Total GT Fastback 722

Total Dark Horse 600

Probably relatively Good for DH buyers (although good luck getting one!), but conversely less GTs than I was hoping - which could possibly produce a potential shortage of GTs, given the limited spasmodic availability early last year, and huge hiatus from closed Au GT sales since July/Aug last year (although a lot of potential buyers would have gone with other cars).

Hopefully FoA could do another round of Allocations for both GTs & DH, but how many and soon are the obvious questions, although they are probably doing a "wait and see" test the market strategy (there is bound to be an initial pent-up surge in demand) - although our RHD production limitations and supply are probably factors also.
Its going to be interesting to see what they get for the second production run. Perhaps the second one will have a very high percentage of GT's. Who knows.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Stevefreestyle
Just to provide some context, how many GTs landed in Australia during, say, 2020, 2021 and 2022?
(Let's ignore R-Specs, Mach 1, and the MY23 because of the limited runs)

Anyone have that 20 - 22 breakdown as a comparison?

melb_nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6g

Total GT Fastback 722

Total Dark Horse 600

Seems to line up with my oct build Jan delivery……. :)
Sponsored