• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Official Pricing and Specs to be Released end of Aug as scheduled ??? Possibly - Possibly-Not.

3-4 Days ago Ben Nightingale, the “Product Communications and Motorsport Manager for Ford Australia” said on Facebook " full spec details and pricing still a little way off, stay tuned." (20+) Ben Nightingale | Facebook

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Official Pricing and Specs to be Released end of Aug as scheduled ??? Possibly - Possibly-Not.

3-4 Days ago Ben Nightingale, the “Product Communications and Motorsport Manager for Ford Australia” said on Facebook " full spec details and pricing still a little way off, stay tuned." (20+) Ben Nightingale | Facebook
stay tuned sort of insinuates we need to keep hitting refresh but then says little way off? Like a week, a month...
They can release pricing, really i don't think the dollar will rise or fall that much between now and end of the year. unless Ford won some military contract and knows that WW3 will start soon and they need to hike pricing even more than they have done recently.

Anyway, i'm beginning to think i'm not fussed with getting the second fleet or so... Will keep my order in place as long as I can, but depending on initial release and pricing.

Ford can very likely expand and give better 'package' for similar money down track, more options colours etc.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I'm slowly losing interest TBH
Yeah, there is no hype or media business or anything else from Ford Austrlia.
Really not much from Ford US either... basically to the existing mustang crowd.

I cant blame anyone for losing a bit of interest, especially if this gets dragged unnecessarily and if our specs are as pov as the NZ varieties or lack thereof.

I have no idea why the hell we can't option half the cosmetic things the US can when the car is being made in the same factory!?
Why cant i spec an ecoboost with brembos and magnaride for example, or the GT with any wheels they offer? it has nothing to do with the RHD or LHD version. But NZ are like... 'build your car' and then they mean 'choose your colour' alone.
Maybe someone can enlighten me why colours, rims, brakes and suspension can't be optioned, or why Ford NZ/Au would reduce these options?

Brumby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered S650 GT Manual Vapor Blue, Magneride

I cant blame anyone for losing a bit of interest, especially if this gets dragged unnecessarily and if our specs are as pov as the NZ varieties or lack thereof.

I have no idea why the hell we can't option half the cosmetic things the US can when the car is being made in the same factory!?
Why cant i spec an ecoboost with brembos and magnaride for example, or the GT with any wheels they offer? it has nothing to do with the RHD or LHD version. But NZ are like... 'build your car' and then they mean 'choose your colour' alone.
Maybe someone can enlighten me why colours, rims, brakes and suspension can't be optioned, or why Ford NZ/Au would reduce these options?
Laziness! they put it in the too hard basket that is why we still have no firmed up pricing yet!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Just a wild guess, but It could be something like trying to simplify and increase efficiency of the Production process, by reducing complexity of options (and Inventory) to optimise the hourly rate of unit production - because of limited allocated production Time on RHD Production.

If that is the case, we would benefit with more cars from a given Production Run.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Just a wild guess, but It could be something like trying to simplify and increase efficiency of the Production process, by reducing complexity of options (and Inventory) to optimise the hourly rate of unit production - because of limited allocated production Time on RHD Production.

If that is the case, we would benefit with more cars from a given Production Run.
That is probably the case for the most part. "Don't think about the build' just build X and Y and done. Not X1 or X2 and X3 etc.
But wheels? colours? Like vapor blue is not available for GT in NZ. weird.
but i guess its to maximize the yield here.

Wasn't the S550 release similar? limited options which then later got expanded on? i can't quite remember

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Is it safe to assume (there's that word again!) that our standard wheels will NOT be black?

Standard S550 wheels were black with 19" Luster Nickel forged wheels as a $2500 option.
(and possibly others - I can't remember what other wheel options there were.)

From the limited information we have, it appears to be the other way around now.
19" Black wheels available with the Black Pack.

Black wheels would not be promoted in the Black pack if it came with black wheels to begin with, right?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is probably the case for the most part. "Don't think about the build' just build X and Y and done. Not X1 or X2 and X3 etc.
But wheels? colours? Like vapor blue is not available for GT in NZ. weird.
but i guess its to maximize the yield here.

Wasn't the S550 release similar? limited options which then later got expanded on? i can't quite remember
Vapour Blue is available for the GT in Aust''on the MY24. I would like a return to Velocity Blue, but that has tragically disappeared from the US car as well.

Personally, I am well and truly over Black Wheels, and am glad there has been a change.
The New Standard Performance Pkg (Our) Mustang GT Wheels
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1692845965994

Australian MY24 Mustang Colours:
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1692846426290

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Vapour Blue is available for the GT in Aust''on the MY24. I would like a return to Velocity Blue, but that has tragically disappeared from the US car as well.

Personally, I am well and truly over Black Wheels, and am glad there has been a change.
The New Standard Performance Pkg (Our) Mustang GT Wheels
1692845965994.png

Australian MY24 Mustang Colours:
1692846426290.png
I still like the black wheels but it entirely depends on the color of the car. On some colors I prefer silver over black and vice versa.

It just makes me sad seeing that specs and pricing Q1 2023 on the bulletin again. Here we are 6 months later of me checking every single day and still nothing.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I like those rims in either carbonized grey or black lol.
Thanks for that, looks like my specs ive asked for is coming so thats good!

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
On my order I have the black pack with madnaride and the notation on the order says “Magnaride - mandatory red brake calipers”