• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I don’t see it that way

the reason Appearance Pack is because it’s stating that it is not available with my options ordered.

if you like it’s “stating the obvious” - in plain English I think it means

- you ordered black pack so you can’t have appearance pack with that option

- you ordered Magneride and you can’t have appearance pack with that option

- you ordered Magneride and with that you get mandatory red brake calipers

Recaro isn’t mentioned because I didn’t order that. If I had, it would tell me what wasn’t available with it.

I’m absolutely clear about what’s going on here and cannot see any “system error”

please convince me I’m not interpreting this correctly

What I’ve said here is consistent with what I discussed with my dealer when ordering with the exception of the brake calipers. It’s only just come to light that my order combination will have red calipers and I’m happy with that (if it happens ;)
Thanks - I get it now - obvious really, the N/A indicates Not Available With. I was stupidly thinking Naturally Aspirated (which I thought was rather strange). I should have had a cup of tea ! Red Face! :)
Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Thanks for sharing Frostee. We get such mixed and poor information from Ford that we have to rely on each other to make sense of it.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing stupid at all!

I hope my information helps you to work with your dealer

Great to “meet you” Stevefreestyle and look forward to sharing more about our Mustang enthusiasm
Thanks Frostee, its is good that we all help each other, and we usually end up knowing more than the Dealers ! lol.

Thanks again greatly appreciated, and I will definitely be changing my order as a result.

Cheers, Steve.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Its because of this poor information from Ford that I might be ending up with Recaros. On my Dark Horse, the standard seats was listed as cloth. At the time I said no way in hell do I want cloth seats in a 100k car. Information about the Recaros was at least available at the time and I knew sort of what they might look like. They are fake leather with alcantara. So I optioned them.
It has since come to light that the standard seats are pretty much the same. They also have the fake leather, and the cloth they are referring to is actually dynamica/alcantara as well. Had I known this I probably would have stayed with the stock seats. Oh well., its not that I dont like the Recaros. They look awesome and probably suit the Dark Horse track theme. Just a pity to lose the heating and cooling functions.

For what its worth, here is the description of my order on the Ford system:
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1692872184766

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I have never understood why alacantra exists. It just reminds me of crap velour trim. It never looks good to my eye.

Last edited:

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I have never understood why alacantra exists. It just reminds me of crap velour trim. It never looks good to my eye.
I used to be the same but I'm coming around to it. It's what almost all high end sports cars use these days. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche etc
It is grippie and holds you into the seat more than leather on which you can easily slide around on.
My biggest gripe with it is that I think it will be harder than leather to keep clean. I have seen some people say that's not the case as well. I guess I'm going to find out either way

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its because of this poor information from Ford that I might be ending up with Recaros. On my Dark Horse, the standard seats was listed as cloth. At the time I said no way in hell do I want cloth seats in a 100k car. Information about the Recaros was at least available at the time and I knew sort of what they might look like. They are fake leather with alcantara. So I optioned them.
It has since come to light that the standard seats are pretty much the same. They also have the fake leather, and the cloth they are referring to is actually dynamica/alcantara as well. Had I known this I probably would have stayed with the stock seats. Oh well., its not that I dont like the Recaros. They look awesome and probably suit the Dark Horse track theme. Just a pity to lose the heating and cooling functions.

For what its worth, here is the description of my order on the Ford system:
1692872184766.png
Yes the lack of Information from FoA is not helpful or encouraging, but regarding the Dark Horse, dont forget that its essentially a renamed Mach-1 ( “Mach 1” now called “Dark Horse” as stated on the first page of the US Dealer Order Guide).

Despite the debacle with the difference between the Claimed and Delivered Specs and Features with our Mach-1 - they did have the upgraded (from Cloth) seats. So there is a good chance that the same Seats will apply with the Dark Horse.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Yes the lack of Information from FoA is not helpful or encouraging, but regarding the Dark Horse, dont forget that its essentially a renamed Mach-1 ( “Mach 1” now called “Dark Horse” as stated on the first page of the US Dealer Order Guide).

Despite the debacle with the difference between the Claimed and Delivered Specs and Features with our Mach-1 - they did have the upgraded (from Cloth) seats. So there is a good chance that the same Seats will apply with the Dark Horse.
Yeah that has become a little more clear as time has gone by, but I ordered the Dark Horse the day after release, so not a lot was available at the time. Even later when we locked in color etc, there wasnt much more info.

It looks like the US Dark Horse standard seats are essentially similar to the ones in the California special S550's. Essentially leather sides, with alcantara center.

For now I'm just going to leave the order alone. Dont want to mess with it and risk anything. I'll be happy with Recaros as well. Like I said I prefer the look of them and I think they suit the car well. Its just a pity about losing the cooling and heating.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Alcantara was used in lieu of leather as it was half the weight and 'rubs' = that of leather for longevity. obvious detractions, but if your lambo needs to come in under 1400kgs and you can save 3-10kgs easily, it will become the 'new carbon fibre' haha

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Thanks for the screen shot Frostee, really appreciated! Thats verry interesting. I think I will ring my Dealer tomorrow morning, and add Magneride to my order! (I was 50/50 with ordering it anyway).
i wanted the blue painted calipers! 🤣

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 6th Oct 2024
Hi everyone,

Rang my Syd region dealer today for an update on a GT. He couldn't give me anything on pricing (no surprise) or allocations, all I got out of him was a stock no/NSC not a delivery date. I have NFI what that number means but it's D63Z.

Is this just a basic config code i.e. GT, manual, Grabber blue - or something that can be deciphered to an allocation e.g. 1st batch or 2nd batch etc....?

Asked him about DH allocation and they got 6 - all spoken for well before I got on the bandwagon.

I've changed my mind on colour but didn't change the order yet, would now be a good time to firm up the colour and include options?

If so, I'll call/visit them tomoz and change it.

Trending towards Atlas blue with black pack and Magneride - but only if it comes with Red painted Brembo's as noted in a previous post.
Sponsored