• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
There is a theory that the US Vehicle emission standards announced in 2021, which take effect from the 2023 Model year, might remove some of the power discrepancy that has previously existed between the US and Australian vehicles. That is the Theory - now we wait to see the reality.
Unfortunately, it is not just a theory, and it has impacted the MY24 Mustang, so those power figures are achieved in compliance with Biden's new tougher Emissions Laws.

These new Emissions Laws are the result of Biden's "green New Deal", (in response to hysterical Green Activists) which he implemented within days of assuming office in 2021, and which took effect immediately and negatively impacted the US Market and the MY22 Mustang - which lost 10Hp and 10 Lb Ft of Torque.

This was achieved with an additional Filter, however our Aust' cars were unaffected, so fortunately for us, there should be no or minimal power discrepancy for our Mustangs.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1689199796551

2022 Ford Mustang GT, Mach 1 Output To Drop By 10 Horses: Exclusive (fordauthority.com)
Car emissions: Biden announces new standards, target that 50% of vehicles sold in US by 2030 are electric | CNN Politics
Sponsored

Last edited:

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Unfortunately, it is not just a theory, and it has impacted the MY24 Mustang, so those power figures are achieved in compliance with Biden's new tougher Emissions Laws.

These new Emissions Laws are the result of Biden's "green New Deal", (in response to hysterical Green Activists) which he implemented within days of assuming office in 2021, and which took effect immediately and negatively impacted the US Market and the MY22 Mustang - which lost 10Hp and 10 Lb Ft of Torque.

This was achieved with an additional Filter, however our Aust' cars were unaffected, so fortunately for us, there should be no or minimal power discrepancy for our Mustangs.

1689199796551.png

2022 Ford Mustang GT, Mach 1 Output To Drop By 10 Horses: Exclusive (fordauthority.com)
Car emissions: Biden announces new standards, target that 50% of vehicles sold in US by 2030 are electric | CNN Politics
I thought the carbon trap that stole 10hp was only affecting some states in the US, not across the board.

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
I believe that the 2021 changes were federal and affected all states. The mandated federal emission requirements kicked in from 2023 Model year. I under That there are US states with their own ‘additional’ carbon requirements.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what you saying is that even with the particulate filter they still punch out 500bhp in a DH?
Yes, 486/500 bhp is achieved with the new tighter US Emissions Laws. Although the particulate filter was a necessary impromptu solution to an unforeseen and unplanned tighter Emissions regulatory requirement for the MY22, the MY24 (Gen4) Coyote will have been developed to meet the new Biden Green Laws - as applicable to the US market.

I don't know if that involves simply the addition of the MY22/3 filter, or if the engine has been developed and tuned to meet the new standards (Head design etc and/or Software), either way the Gen4 Coyote Power Figures must by achieved in compliance with the new much tighter US Emissions laws. As that would bring it at least into alignment and equalised with our Euro5 (or6?) standards, it would appear to be a good result for our Australian Mustangs.

Therefore we should reasonably expect similar Power & Performance figures to the US cars.

Last edited:

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
Looks like Ford US have updated the builder so you can now jump on and play around with colours and wheels etc...and the pictures actually update with selections. There's also a 360 deg interior viewer.

We might not be getting the same wheel options but the colours should be the same as what we'll be able to get.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Looks like Ford US have updated the builder so you can now jump on and play around with colours and wheels etc...and the pictures actually update with selections. There's also a 360 deg interior viewer.
We know!
This was posted about 2 weeks ago https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...price-configurator-updated-new-images.157300/

It's still buggy.
For instance, rear wing spoiler may be the wrong colour, or not be visible at all in some views.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

vs

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture2.JPG

NPP selected which should show a black rear spoiler, but doesn't.
With other body colours, spoiler may be body colour instead of black.

No big deal, and certainly better than the original implementation, just something to be aware of.

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
Yes, 468/500 bhp is achieved with the new tighter US Emissions Laws. Although the particulate filter was a necessary impromptu solution to an unforeseen and unplanned tighter Emissions regulatory requirement for the MY22, the MY24 (Gen4) Coyote will have been developed to meet the new Biden Green Laws - as applicable to the US market.

I don't know if that involves simply the addition of the MY22/3 filter, or if the engine has been developed and tuned to meet the new standards (Head design etc and/or Software), either way the Gen4 Coyote Power Figures must by achieved in compliance with the new much tighter US Emissions laws. As that would bring it at least into alignment and equalised with our Euro5 (or6?) standards, it would appear to be a good result for our Australian Mustangs.

Therefore we should reasonably expect similar Power & Performance figures to the US cars.
One of the interviews on the new engine indicated it was designed specifically for the new emission controls and that was one factor that pushed them down the dual throttle bodies path.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the interviews on the new engine indicated it was designed specifically for the new emission controls and that was one factor that pushed them down the dual throttle bodies path.
Thanks for the reminder re the reason for the Twin Throttle Bodies, I knew I saw that somewhere, I think it was the Chief Engineer..

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Killing some time...
Here's a graph of Mustang price when new vs AUD/USD exchange rate.

EGCACPYHYL
2015GTFastbackM$ 57,4900.750.820.69
2016GTFastbackM$ 57,4900.740.780.69
2017MY17GTFastbackM$ 57,4900.770.810.72
2018MY18GTFastbackM$ 62,9900.750.810.70
2019MY19GTFastbackM$ 63,2900.700.730.67
2020MY20GTFastbackM$ 64,1900.690.770.57
2021MY21.5GTFastbackM$ 64,3600.750.800.70
2022MY22.25GTFastbackM$ 65,2900.690.760.62
2023MY23GTFastbackM$ 68,2900.680.720.65

Data source: https://www.carsales.com.au/ford/mustang/price/

EGC:
Price When New (EGC): Price shown is a price guide only based on information provided to us by the manufacturer and excludes costs, such as options, dealer delivery, stamp duty, and other government charges that may apply.

ACP: Average Closing Price

YH: Year High

YL: Year Low

Yearly price overlayed with AUD/USD movements:

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule AUD-USD-Exchange-Rate-vs-Price

Surprising the price didn't jump during 2020 with a deteriorating exchange rate.

Anyway, with an exchange rate trending against us, and long before inflation became a concern, we can see the price has been going in the expected direction. Up.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And this from two weeks ago:

Ford Australia is upping the price of Ranger utes produced from August onwards. Prices are up by up to $1200.

"The price adjustments are consistent with the evaluation of market conditions we regularly undertake across our product portfolio, which take into consideration a number of different external factors such as currency and material cost considerations,” said a Ford Australia spokesperson.
Source: https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/ford-ranger-hit-with-price-rise-in-australia#article_comments

Ford has increased pricing by up to $1000 across the 2024 Ford Everest range, which comes with no specification changes.

Source:
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2024-ford-everest-price-and-specs

What's the bet we'd be looking at a $1,000 - $1,500 increase with the MY24 Mustang before options and on-roads.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It all depends how keen they are to create another stampede - if they price a GT at sub 70k plus orc then they may end up with another 2015/16 sell out.
Ford AU have already significantly jacked-up pricing since then, and don't forget the Ford US Parent company Pricing Strategy, as seen for the US Market is for a minimal price increase on the previous year for a similar Spec' GT (GT Premium with 401A with GT Performance Pkg, B&O Audio, Active Exhaust etc), which has a net Increase of US$150 and the Dark Horse with an Increase of US$1400 over the previous Mach-1.

This presumably reflects the similar acquisition Costing for Ford Aust' (excluding Exchange Rates).

Last edited:

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet
My guess is they get greedy then realise the world is not the same as it was two years ago and end up with lots of stock they have to discount ... but I'm always a glass half empty kinda guy 🤣

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is they get greedy then realise the world is not the same as it was two years ago and end up with lots of stock they have to discount ... but I'm always a glass half empty kinda guy 🤣
I think there is a good chance of that (Overpricing), then they will be drowning in Mustangs, will zero Cash-Flow, and be forced to diminish the brand - and values with a Fire Sale. :headbang:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think there is a good chance of that (Overpricing), then they will be drowning in Mustangs, will zero Cash-Flow, and be forced to diminish the brand - and values with a Fire Sale. :headbang:
And then the double whammy would be some super sexy colours for MY25 that you wanted on your MY24!!!.

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
I think they will assess pre-release interest and price accordingly. I expect to see a moderate increase across the models. But I think prices will stabilise once initial demand flattens and with the economy heading into choppy waters - I think it will quickly become a buyers market.

Like Steve, I won’t tolerate price gauging, and while I am keen to get a new Mustang, I am happy to wait 6 to 12 months if required.

Again all will soon be revealed. The US mustangs will start to be delivered next week (and we will get a good idea as too quality / value) and we also should have some local pricing information not that long after.

Let’s hope both deliver good news for us interested buyers.
Sponsored