• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
As indicated in the chart below, Mustang Production is yet to gain full swing, with barely a fraction of normal production to date, and as I think has been mentioned previously, these frustrating delays are reportedly largely due to Ford undertaking a major revamp of their Quality Control processes and standards, which has to be a positive.

No doubt Ford are also frustrated, that they cannot get the cars out the factory door as planned, and perhaps we should consider this in that context of a temporary setback, and resist the temptation to adopt a doomsday negative approach, and TALK UP Ford Aust's Pricing on the MY24 Mustang,

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1688697053446
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prices were due to be released 23/6/23 But my dealer now says he has no idea when actual Au prices will be released

As an aside my 2023 was supposed to arrive first week MAY 23
now its last week July 6 weeks late

how does that happen?

all other orders have been on time

something is off not just with 24 but 2023 as well
Ford had scheduled to cease production of the MY23 in March, and it usually takes 2-3 months from the factory to our Aust' Dealer, however because there has been such low volumes to Australia, due to FoA ceasing all new Mustang Orders from about July last year, the extra time could be in making or accumulating the viable freight numbers - but still a big gap!

Guzz226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yanks have announced their online configurator and pricing - a DH with the lot is looking to be n expensive option here if the US pricing is any guide

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yanks have announced their online configurator and pricing - a DH with the lot is looking to be n expensive option here if the US pricing is any guide
The US MY24 Mustang Pricing was released a couple of months ago, as we also know the US and Australian 2023 Pricing for comparative benchmarks, the key indicator for our pricing is the US MY24 Price INCREASE over the MY23.

The base Dark Horse is US$1400 (AU$2100) increase over the MY23 Mach-1, and the MY24GT (Aust Spec) is US$150 Net Increase (see Post #40)

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its getting ridiculous isn't it - not to have either the prices or the specs.
Its quite possible that the Oz spec car is not yet developed-that could be it.
UPDATE !! Finally some clarification for our Aust' MY24 Mustang Release Time Frame !

I just hope FoA don't go mad on Pricing !

Dealer Allocations This Month (July)

Pricing and FULL Product Release - August

First Arrivals / On-Sale - Q1 2024

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1689037955994

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Thanks for the update, Steve.
Appreciate it.

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
Apologies in advance for the silly question - but why do you have dealer allocations before the product and pricing announcement? Don't you need a price and local product spec, for people to firm up an order for a dealer to then get an allocation?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apologies in advance for the silly question - but why do you have dealer allocations before the product and pricing announcement? Don't you need a price and local product spec, for people to firm up an order for a dealer to then get an allocation?
From my understanding, Dealer Allocations are mostly in numbers of units of models that is available for the Dealer to Order, so it is up to the Dealer as to how they Option each one - which will obviously determine pricing, therefore the Pricing aspect is a variable not influencing actual number of Allocations.

Ford have a strange system whereby Dealers are restricted on the number of Orders they can place, and only allocated a set number of Mustang Orders in a given time frame. Allocations are made on the basis of Sales Volume History, so larger Dealerships will be advantaged with greater allocations, although theoretically, this should more evenly spread stock to meet consumer demand.

So as Allocations are usually predicated on previous Sales Volumes, the number of Pre-Orders is generally irrelevant, although FoA apparently has requested feedback of pre-order volumes for the MY24 Mustang.

So Dealer Allocations are just that, and generally, if they sell more (Orders) than Allocated, they have to do Swap deals with other Dealers for other stock in short supply.

Last edited:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Most dealers will have more tentative orders than what they've been allocated, at least initially.
One dealer I went to in 3rd week of September (week after the reveal) said he had 22 people on his DarkHorse wait list.
He was expecting an allocation of ~9 units.
Some will probably cancel their tentative order once actual pricing and specs are known, which means some get bumped up the queue.

He also said at the time, getting a GT shouldn't be a problem.

Some of us just want a Mustang, irrespective +/- of price.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most dealers will have more tentative orders than what they've been allocated, at least initially.
One dealer I went to in 3rd week of September (week after the reveal) said he had 22 people on his DarkHorse wait list.
He was expecting an allocation of ~9 units.
Some will probably cancel their tentative order once actual pricing and specs are known, which means some get bumped up the queue.

He also said at the time, getting a GT shouldn't be a problem.

Some of us just want a Mustang, irrespective +/- of price.
Yes, initially there will be a pentup demand, however many of those Pre-Orders are conditional, and will drop-out - especially if Pricing is unattractive - or financing is now unattainable with constrictions of higher Interest Rates and increased Loan Servicing Assessment Benchmark criteria.

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
Thanks for the reply. I am not actually in too much of a rush. Keen to see some dust settle on the initial build - and for the US market to sort out any first production run issues. That said, I am interested to see what limited options will be on offer here in Australia, hence my question about timing on the specifications. But like 5.0ALM, I am not all that fussed about the price. Just want one in the garage before electric powertrains takeover. Once the Australian specs become available - I am sure there will be lots of local views / comments. Thanks again for you taking the time to reply

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
UPDATE !! Finally some clarification for our Aust' MY24 Mustang Release Time Frame !

I just hope FoA don't go mad on Pricing !

Dealer Allocations This Month (July)

Pricing and FULL Product Release - August

First Arrivals / On-Sale - Q1 2024

1689037955994.jpeg
Thanks Steve, thats awesome. Finally it feels like we are getting some info coming through. It sounds like some real test drives and reviews will also be coming shortly. No more of these stupid ride alongs they have been doing. It sounds like we will see proper journo reviews in July still. I know CarExpert has a person attending a road test event, in July. I've also heard Throttle House will have a review out in July.

I really hope ford doesnt go crazy on the pricing. From what I've seen with other Ford price increases recently like Ranger, Everest etc, they havent been too bad. Time will tell.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Steve, thats awesome. Finally it feels like we are getting some info coming through. It sounds like some real test drives and reviews will also be coming shortly. No more of these stupid ride alongs they have been doing. It sounds like we will see proper journo reviews in July still. I know CarExpert has a person attending a road test event, in July. I've also heard Throttle House will have a review out in July.

I really hope ford doesnt go crazy on the pricing. From what I've seen with other Ford price increases recently like Ranger, Everest etc, they havent been too bad. Time will tell.
I think it will also be interesting to finally discover if we get the full Power figures of the US car, as the US have increased their power sapping CO2 Anti-Polution laws, I hope we should be even now with 486/500 HP (362/373 Kw).

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
There is a theory that the US Vehicle emission standards announced in 2021, which take effect from the 2023 Model year, might remove some of the power discrepancy that has previously existed between the US and Australian vehicles. That is the Theory - now we wait to see the reality.
Sponsored