• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT ETA for pick-up July 10th

OP
OP

Ken Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport/ 2016 Subaru WRX STI
Congrats but I'm actually getting pretty frustrated hearing stories like this. You ordered 4 days after me yet you're getting yours over 2 weeks before mine is even scheduled for production. Plus you are all the way out in AZ while I am just 2.5 hours from the factory. There is no logical strategy or structure to Ford's process. Killin me....
Man sorry to hear that. Do you know what priority level the dealership gave you? I got a priority 10 so that may be why why delivery is sped up a little bit?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ken Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport/ 2016 Subaru WRX STI
Not to be a debbie downer, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on delivery dates. There is not one 2024 Mustang that has left the plant yet. They don't seem to be shipping them as of yet.
Yeah I’m not really in a rush either. I prevent myself from getting my hopes up. But hey, each day down is another day closer to taking delivery

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Once upon a time not so long ago manufactures maintained parts storage near the factory and they obtained parts from local (I mean in the country of origin) suppliers. They had a huge amount of money tied up in these parts that could be better used elsewhere. Some efficiency expert came up with this idea of just in time manufacturing. They would order the parts with arrival timed so the parts would be there when they needed them. This reduced inventory and saved money.
While Canada and Mexico where the prime suppliers they had reasonably good control and everything was working great.
Enter China. They could turn out goods much cheaper and for a while the only thing the manufactures needed to worry about was a factory failure or a union strike. Then we discovered supply chain problems. Some of the manufactures weren't a reliable as they should be thank to things like COVID locking down China and the ports being unable to handle the volume of material needed. We saw this happen with the 2023 model where Ford had to close the order books because they had partially completed cars backed up waiting for some part that was stuck in the supply chain. They reached the point where they were looking for place to store cars and some cars spent months outside waiting for parts to show up.
I suspect that the supply chain issues still haven't been fully resolved so Ford is controlling production volume and the order books to avoid storing uncompleted car outside. There are stories of Mustangs being taken out of storage and used for a joy ride so partially completed cars is something they want to avoid.
Be thankful that Ford seems to have learned something from this mess but they probably are still addressing supply chain issues and that could delay your order.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I live in Tucson, AZ and just got word from my dealer my 2024 PP GT Vapor Blue w/ 301A, Active exhaust has an ETA at my dealership Jul 10. Ordered 03/31.

Ford chat said my ETA was Jun 28th-July 4th. Just giving a heads up on my date range for Arizona. I know it takes a couple more days to get out here from Flat Rock.

Bummer Ford kind of ruined the hype by not allowing vloggers/reviewers to post content to help the hype. Ive been watching the same 5 videos for that past 3 months lol. These next few weeks cant go by any faster.
Have not read the whole thread, but ETA are highly volatile. For example, our Fusion that we ordered in 2015 sat on a Ford lot getting inspected (bad headlights) for 2 months, and then sat at a train station in Eastern WA for over a week. That is completely outside of Ford's control and they cannot predict or report on those types of delays. Ford will give build weeks, and update on the status of the build, but delivery timelines are estimates.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I live in Tucson, AZ and just got word from my dealer my 2024 PP GT Vapor Blue w/ 301A, Active exhaust has an ETA at my dealership Jul 10. Ordered 03/31.

Ford chat said my ETA was Jun 28th-July 4th. Just giving a heads up on my date range for Arizona. I know it takes a couple more days to get out here from Flat Rock.

Bummer Ford kind of ruined the hype by not allowing vloggers/reviewers to post content to help the hype. Ive been watching the same 5 videos for that past 3 months lol. These next few weeks cant go by any faster.
Don't forget to take ballons to the dealership and take tons of pics to post... :clap:

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Relying on China needs to stop...
I wish that would happen. But The US is too greedy to pay their own people in their own country. A lot of big companies have moved their plants from the US to China or other countries without labor laws and cheap wages. They will pay 4 dollars an hour rather than 10-20 plus dollars and they do not have to pay insurance. So I do not see that ever changing.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I wish that would happen. But The US is too greedy to pay their own people in their own country. A lot of big companies have moved their plants from the US to China or other countries without labor laws and cheap wages. They will pay 4 dollars an hour rather than 10-20 plus dollars and they do not have to pay insurance. So I do not see that ever changing.
Sadly aware LOL It's the govt's fault for allowing it far back.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Sadly aware LOL It's the govt's fault for allowing it far back.
Yeah there should be penalties for doing that, especially of we use our Tax money to help that company out. But I think that just creates more issues.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
This is what happens when you place embargo's on your biggest trade partner where you tied up most of your manufacturing for decades. Idiot leaders will do that.
Sponsored