• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So the new Mach 1 is a Mazda CX-9?

Gotta watch out for those revolutionary square wheels.
It's just lacking the same QC Mazda has. :D
Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I have been beating this dead horse for a while. The future is electric and autonomous. It won't be an immediate change but a gradual one. If major automakers intend to stay competitive they must change with the environment. The shifting of R&D budgets and hybridizing the older product lines will come first.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I have been beating this dead horse for a while. The future is electric and autonomous. It won't be an immediate change but a gradual one. If major automakers intend to stay competitive they must change with the environment. The shifting of R&D budgets and hybridizing the older product lines will come first.
I thought you were dead.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I'm holding out for my flying car.

This is the 1990s all over for Ford. Ignoring passenger cars in favor of their "SUV future". Meanwhile Camrys, Corrolas, Accords, and Civics outsell every Ford SUV.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
"That means you're going to see from us electrifying our most iconic nameplates starting with the hybrid version of F- 150 and Mustang where the hybrid system delivers the same amount of performance that Mustang customers expect with an iconic vehicle."

Jim Farley

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
I have no problem with an electrified future as long as petrol and ICE vehicles are still attainable for us enthusiasts!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Well take a look at what Ram has done with their 1500..

An electric motor attached directly to the engine that adds roughly 16HP and 130ft/lb's of torque in certain conditions..IE low RPM, etc..

It's said to increase fuel economy and performance.

I'd dig something like that in a mustang.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford..

Just let us have our one necessary evil, all we ask.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
While here in reality land, at my dealership we can't give away plug-in hybrids and the electric Focus (bet ya didn't know one existed). Super Dutys, F-150, Explorers selling like candy.
Oh, and in my opinion, Mach1 name for an SUV is not genius, but just lazy. Younger customers that these will be targeted to will not relate to a 50 year old name and it will anger us older customers who might for the first time look elsewhere.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Electric isn't selling and the cars are unaffordable even with a the government subsidizing them. I see a lot of Teslas where I live specifically because it's a wealthy area. We also don't have the infrastructure to handle millions of cars on the electrical grid. Right now all that is a fairy tale. Also automation is scary when the government decides which routes you can take. I hope that isn't the future I'll take the flying car before that.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Electric isn't selling and the cars are unaffordable even with a the government subsidizing them. I see a lot of Teslas where I live specifically because it's a wealthy area. We also don't have the infrastructure to handle millions of cars on the electrical grid. Right now all that is a fairy tale. Also automation is scary when the government decides which routes you can take. I hope that isn't the future I'll take the flying car before that.

There's one BIG issue with electric cars that no one wants to talk about the disposal of there lithium batteries. At present only about 1% of lithium batteries are recycled. Lithium is very flammable just ask Boeing. So that means specially prepared pits have to be dug into the ground. The chances of a ecological disaster grows with every lithium batter stuck into the ground. And that's doesn't even cover the fact that many overseas lithium batter makers are now using chemicals harmful to the environment to extract lithium from rocks. With just these factors figured in electric cars do more harm to the environment than gas powered cars.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19GT
There's one BIG issue with electric cars that no one wants to talk about the disposal of there lithium batteries. At present only about 1% of lithium batteries are recycled. Lithium is very flammable just ask Boeing. So that means specially prepared pits have to be dug into the ground. The chances of a ecological disaster grows with every lithium batter stuck into the ground. And that's doesn't even cover the fact that many overseas lithium batter makers are now using chemicals harmful to the environment to extract lithium from rocks. With just these factors figured in electric cars do more harm to the environment than gas powered cars.
Maybe the whole point of Space-X is that Elon can shoot rockets into space with discarded Tesla batteries and create his own space dump.

Hmmmmmm

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Maybe the whole point of Space-X is that Elon can shoot rockets into space with discarded Tesla batteries and create his own space dump.

Hmmmmmm
Could be then we'll have burning lithium raining down on us from space :doh:
Sponsored