• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

10R80 Whine

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
That's the exact noise i hear in mine as well and I have the car for 2 days now...
This is the link in another post where i uploaded the video

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/whining-noise-from-engine.159613/post-3269931
My car souds exactly the same and I just picked it up on Wednesday. I heard it immediately during the test drive but I guess it is what it is. I knew that there was a good chance my car would have the sound as many of them do it seems. I guess I'm just lucky like that :(
Sponsored

MustangNoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My car souds exactly the same and I just picked it up on Wednesday. I heard it immediately during the test drive but I guess it is what it is. I knew that there was a good chance my car would have the sound as many of them do it seems. I guess I'm just lucky like that :(
I will stop by the dealer today and ask him to check it out. but probably if it is common then that’s it. Need to accept that fact and need to rev higher lol

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I will stop by the dealer today and ask him to check it out. but probably if it is common then that’s it. Need to accept that fact and need to rev higher lol
Please let me know what the dealer says. When I was researching the issue I came across a few posts that mentioned new cars being low on transmission fluid (like 1-2 quarts low from the factory which is nuts). IIRC the posts I saw were on the previous generation S550 cars but I think they were maybe 2022 or 2023 cars. Someone mentioned if low the whine either quieted or went away completely once the fluid level was filled correctly.

I'm not sure if they changed to location of how you check the transmission fluid on the 24 GT's but they did say it's very difficult to check due to it's location and most people get burned checking it as it's somewhere by part of the exhaust? Maybe it's different on the 24's though? Might be worth mentioning to your dealer about having them check the transmission fluid level.

Again please let me know what you find out.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
You guys would hate a solid roller sbf with a C4 or face-plated “real” tremec 😁

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
There is no whining sounds in the vids.
I’ve had transmissions that do whine (not 10r80)

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
There is no whining sounds in the vids.
I’ve had transmissions that do whine (not 10r80)
Me too.
My 2003 Mustang with 4R70W tranny whines. It has over 200k on it and still going strong.
Sponsored