• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

“Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
No they won't. Never gonna happen.
You can say what you like, but legally no ICE cars after 2030 in Europe and sooner in some countries. 100% of sales post 2030 will be EV or PHEV (PHEV gone by 2035) Ford committed to 100% EV in Europe by 2030. Norway already over 50% new car sales are EV.

I suspect Ford have a better about what they are doing than you ! :wink:

Ford to go all-electric in Europe by 2030 - BBC News
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You can say what you like, but legally no ICE cars after 2030 in Europe and sooner in some countries. 100% of sales post 2030 will be EV or PHEV (PHEV gone by 2035) Ford committed to 100% EV in Europe by 2030. Norway already over 50% new car sales are EV.

I suspect Ford have a better about what they are doing than you ! :wink:

Ford to go all-electric in Europe by 2030 - BBC News
They can say what they like, pass what laws they like. It's not going to happen.

You can't legislate fantasy into reality.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:thumbsup:

This ^^^

Each individual should be considering each change separately and on its own merits as those merits relate to that individual.

Not blindly jumping at each change solely because it's "new".

Norm
To a point. When the change is mandated for reasons that benefit the rest of the population then that will force the issue. For example the banning on domestic use of coal in the UK, because there are alternatives that don't cause such unnecessary pollution. Banning of chemicals such as DDT, CFC's etc - these would still be in use were it not for governmental bans.

Carrot and stick as always.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They can say what they like, pass what laws they like. It's not going to happen.

You can't legislate fantasy into reality.
You can live in denial of reality, but it IS HAPPENING. Norway bans new cars with ICE engines in 2025.

Which bit of 54% new sales being EV is not happening in Norway ??

NoVaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You can live in denial of reality, but it IS HAPPENING. Norway bans new cars with ICE engines in 2025.

Norway will rescind that law, just as the rest of Europe will. It's not going to happen. There isn't the power production and distribution capacity, and there won't be. This has already been explained to you, multiple times and in multiple ways.

And 54 % of new car sales represents a tiny, tiny fraction of vehicles on the road, around 5-10%. Plus, most of the EVs in Norway are being bought as tax deductions, which is why they're being purchased. Once the tax deductions and other financial incentives are gone, so will the sales.

Reality just is son. It doesn't care about legislation or bizarre fantasies idiots have.

Last edited:

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Because Norway is only one country out of 44?

Because the average age of cars in Norway is 10.5 years?

Because Norway has both a relatively small population and the 2nd highest median wages?

Because you can't extrapolate what is happening in one of the wealthiest nations on the planet to create a model for an entire continent of 3/4 billion people?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because Norway is only one country out of 44?

Because the average age of cars in Norway is 10.5 years?

Because Norway has both a relatively small population and the 2nd highest median wages?

Because you can't extrapolate what is happening in one of the wealthiest nations on the planet to create a model for an entire continent of 3/4 billion people?
Didn't say it was - but at the same time nobody can deny it is happening there.

NoVaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Didn't say it was - but at the same time nobody can deny it is happening there.
It isn't happening there. 5%-10% of vehicles on Norwegian roads being EV doesn't mean "it is happening there". All that means is that there are some tax incentives artificially pushing EV sales in Norway, like in other countries.

And it won't. Guaranteed. For the exact same reasons it won't happen anywhere.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Norway will rescind that law, just as the rest of Europe will. It's not going to happen. There isn't the power production and distribution capacity, and there won't be. This has already been explained to you, multiple times and in multiple ways.

And 54 % of new car sales represents a tiny, tiny fraction of vehicles on the road, around 5-10%. Plus, most of the EVs in Norway are being bought as tax deductions, which is why they're being purchased. Once the tax deductions and other financial incentives are gone, so will the sales.

Reality just is son. It doesn't care about legislation or bizarre fantasies idiots have.
So funny. You know better !

You don't need to explain it to me, but you better give Norway a ring ASAP as clearly they don't know what they are doing !

Do you really think they are THAT stupid that you, NoVaGT from NV know more about what is happening in Norway than the Norwegians. To say it sounds arrogant is an understatement.

Lets see what happens shall we. I'll keep you updated on progress :cwl:

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So funny. You know better !

You don't need to explain it to me, but you better give Norway a ring ASAP as clearly they don't know what they are doing !

Do you really think they are THAT stupid that you, NoVaGT from NV know more about what is happening in Norway than the Norwegians. To say it sounds arrogant is an understatement.

Lets see what happens shall we. I'll keep you updated on progress :cwl:
I love how the entire crux of your arguments devolves into an Ad Hominem attack. Every. Single. Time.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have been watching this thread for a while and I have found many things stated rather funny. Just want to provide my opinions on EV's vs ICE before I respond to some posts. In my heart I know that an ICE vehicle is destined for used cars only. It will come sooner than it really needs to, but come it will. As for EV's themselves, I really have no issue with them existing. If people want them (or forced to buy them), go right ahead. I have not seen or heard of one I would want to buy yet.

My biggest issues are....

1. They are more expensive than an equivalent ICE car
2. The way they drive is not pleasurable for me
3. The interiors are designed to be ugly
4. They are too damn quiet
5. They are overhyped for what they will bring to the owner and to the environment (at least in the form they are in now)
6. The power grid. Not sure it is ready in most places on the earth yet for 25%-40% EV use and certainly not by using renewables
7. Owners of them defend them like they are their children, even if they really do not like them

So overall, they can and should exist, they may be the dominant auto in the future, however I am waiting for them to be something I would like to own. If you did not notice, I left out range. I think for most people to use as a daily commuter, 200-300 miles in range is fine. It gets tricky (on a case by cased basis) to go anywhere far. It will take longer, but it can be done fairly easily. I don't really see it as a huge problem for those that have the means to recharge overnight. For those that don't, well it is just not for them yet.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
As I say - check out Norway where it is a reality already. Not proposed or possible, but in action already.
You do know that Norway has a tiny population and it is cold there most of the time right? The state of New Jersey where I live has nearly double the population in a much smaller area. I cannot imagine the power grid holding up with more than 15% of cars using electricity every day especially in the summer. Norway has a huge advantage in power use capability. About half the states in the US have equal or higher populations than Norway, many with hot summers where electricity is at its peak. The US is not the only country that will need to deal with power grids. I think you should stop using Norway and start using a country with higher a population, hot summers and power grids that would need quite a overhaul. Also factor in renewables as that is a big factor for the climate debate. I think you will find there are not many ready for higher than 10-15% EV usage.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I did say for the average driver (in fact probably the vast majority) where a car is an appliance that goes from A to B, and as long as they arrive at B dry and warm / or cool then it has been a success.
I agree with you. Look at how many Accords and Camry's are out there. They are all about just getting there safe and sound. Those folks generally care about cheap and plain. EV's though are not cheap, but they are plain. Once the cost for a Accord type car is in the 20 something thousand, you will see a pretty good pickup rate from that crowd as long as their current car is 8-10 years old.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
No they won't. Never gonna happen.
I think it may be possible for a few EU countries. The ones that are a bit more lax on the democratic process and allowing people to choose what they want vs what they are told to do. I agree, all of the EU will struggle with it. I think 2040 is more realistic. Of course this does not cover other vehicles like trucks, tractors, trains, planes etc.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
:thumbsup:

This ^^^

Each individual should be considering each change separately and on its own merits as those merits relate to that individual.

Not blindly jumping at each change solely because it's "new".

Norm
Agreed. This is not the same everywhere in the world. At least in the US at this moment, a person has the choice. We are a country of laws, so this can change with new laws, but if most people do not want to adhere to said laws they can be discarded or amended. Also to put a law in place that outlaws the sale of ICE cars would be a pretty steep hill to climb. Politicians want to stay in office so outside of a few proposing it, I doubt we will see it for quite awhile.
Sponsored