• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Black Wheels or Gloss Gun Metal on my Vapor Blue Dark Horse

BLACK WHEELS OR GLOSS GUN METAL?

• Total voters

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Black!
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I've always liked fewer colors. I wouldn't want whels in a color that didn't tie to something else. The car already has a lot of black so I'd lean toward black...despite my age.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
With that color, black is the only choice. The gunmetal would look awesome as the body color. But on the wheels it just looks drab. Almost destroys the look.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Personally, I think the stock wheels are the best wheels I've ever seen on a Stang. I would simply stick with them. In fact, I would prefer a little bit more gloss to them...but they're really sharp looking, IMOP.
My vote is this. Stock wheels and more gloss or even more silver. However, there isn't a bad choice IMO for what you are looking for.

Redback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP 301A Manual, Shadow Black.
I just got out of a four year relationship with gloss black wheels and red Brembo calipers. Never again. Spent half of my life trying to keep them clean. You think that gloss black would hide brake dust, but it doesn’t. A day after a wash they start looking crappy again. I got carbonized gray on my 2024, and I love them. Clean or dirty, they pretty much look the same.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
it really depends on your feelings about brake dust. the Dark Horse brake pads shed so, so much dust even over the course of a week. gloss black wheels will start showing dust after about 3 or 4 days. 1 week and its bad, 2 weeks and it looks like it did before they were cleaned.

if you dont mind the brake dust: gloss black
if you do mind the brake dust: gunmetal or factory

here are some real-world examples with my gloss black wheels. i drive around 300 miles per week
before cleaning
S650 Mustang Black Wheels or Gloss Gun Metal on my Vapor Blue Dark Horse 1715222360973-o4

after cleaning
S650 Mustang Black Wheels or Gloss Gun Metal on my Vapor Blue Dark Horse 1715222387169-q2

worth noting that the before cleaning wheel was last cleaned at that point more than 2 or 3 weeks ago

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
In another poll, most of us wash our vehicles weekly or more lol and many don’t drive them except great weather weekends. OP, If you fit this category, then the brake dust might not be a factor. And then there are those that change the pads to one’s that have less dust. Something to consider.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
it really depends on your feelings about brake dust. the Dark Horse brake pads shed so, so much dust even over the course of a week. gloss black wheels will start showing dust after about 3 or 4 days. 1 week and its bad, 2 weeks and it looks like it did before they were cleaned.

if you dont mind the brake dust: gloss black
if you do mind the brake dust: gunmetal or factory

here are some real-world examples with my gloss black wheels. i drive around 300 miles per week
before cleaning
1715222360973-o4.jpg

after cleaning
1715222387169-q2.jpg

worth noting that the before cleaning wheel was last cleaned at that point more than 2 or 3 weeks ago
gee wilicurs. It’s like the best of both worlds! Matte black when dusty and gloss black when clean.

great for the bipolar.

Project6GR Wheels

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
gee wilicurs. It’s like the best of both worlds! Matte black when dusty and gloss black when clean.

great for the bipolar.
lol you kind of get the best of both worlds matte black when dirty and gloss black when clean

Project6GR Wheels

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
I feel this picture is a perfect example of how a black wheel just disappears into the tire.

1715195518311-79.png

A gloss gunmetal would pop against your color, the calipers and a nice shiny black tire.
Your Brushed Titanium killed it ! looks really good