• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DailyDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
It's likely a software nerf for UK regs. I'm sure aftermarket tuners will eventually be able to put it to US HP specs or better.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It's likely a software nerf for UK regs. I'm sure aftermarket tuners will eventually be able to put it to US HP specs or better.
Unfortunately Ford has let it be known that they have locked out the ability for tuners to do this. I'm sure someone will try here in the US, but I doubt the numbers will make it financially worthwhile in other markets.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Unfortunately Ford has let it be known that they have locked out the ability for tuners to do this. I'm sure someone will try here in the US, but I doubt the numbers will make it financially worthwhile in other markets.
Hackers aren't always motivated by money. Doing what somebody says is impossible motivates many and often if you figure the time put into some of their work, they don't even receive minimum wage. As long as it's possible for Ford to do updates, it's possible for the private sector to do so. Remember the codes used during WWII. They were though to be unbreakable and the fact that they were wrong resulted in saving many lives. I am sure the encryption is far stronger but there is a limit to the power of the computer for will put in an engine controller and that will limit the complexity of the encryption used by the box.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Hackers aren't always motivated by money. Doing what somebody says is impossible motivates many and often if you figure the time put into some of their work, they don't even receive minimum wage. As long as it's possible for Ford to do updates, it's possible for the private sector to do so. Remember the codes used during WWII. They were though to be unbreakable and the fact that they were wrong resulted in saving many lives. I am sure the encryption is far stronger but there is a limit to the power of the computer for will put in an engine controller and that will limit the complexity of the encryption used by the box.
this is very true. there have been many times that developers claim that their software is impossible to hack and modify, just to be proven wrong very quickly. one of my favorite stories of just this is the modding scene of the Nintendo Switch. it's an actively supported console and Nintendo hates the modding and hacking scene of it, but even on the newest hardware and software revisions of the console, modding is still possible because some people love a challenge. i would honestly be surprised if the ECU of the S650 lasts even a year. it took the C8 Corvette about 2 years to be cracked, but i bet some sort of reverse engineering could be done with these aftermarket tunes that Ford officially allows, plus i would argue more people mod their Mustangs than C8 Corvettes.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Probably a combo of tuning and a Gas Particulate Filter, which is similar in concept to a catalytic converter

EU laws are cucked when it comes to regulated dB exhaust levels. I think GPFs also act like an additional muffler on top of cleaning things out further

Also explains why the EU-market DH sounded so quiet at the Goodwood FoS run

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Probably a combo of tuning and a Gas Particulate Filter, which is similar in concept to a catalytic converter

EU laws are cucked when it comes to regulated dB exhaust levels. I think GPFs also act like an additional muffler on top of cleaning things out further

Also explains why the EU-market DH sounded so quiet at the Goodwood FoS run

Gas particulate filter are not like cats they work the same way a DPF does for a diesel but for a gas engine. It’s really dumb for a gas engine but with direct injection soot increases on gas engines “aka black exhaust tips”
The European Union got all salty about potential particle issues in the air and mandated them

It’s stupid and lame

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
I feel bad for you guys. That is less than what you guys got for the Mach, right?
Yes, Bullitt and Mach 1 got 460hp
Anyone did it with Bullitt and Mach 1?

The others questions if Euro DH get Torsen and howmany hp get the GT

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yes, Bullitt and Mach 1 got 460hp

Anyone did it with Bullitt and Mach 1?

The other question if Euro DH get Torsen.

Well ya gotta remember for the left hand drive market the stock manifolds are compromised severely for the steering shaft. Which results in a crappy scavenging effect, and resulted in a good 20-30hp decrease over the USA cars past that it has to be emissions nerfing, like the GPF and much stricter NOX emissions. So yeah this isn’t surprising and yes a proper exhaust/ tune. Yall will get a good 40-50whp gain not BHP wheel horsepower lol

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Gas particulate filter are not like cats they work the same way a DPF does for a diesel but for a gas engine. It’s really dumb for a gas engine but with direct injection soot increases on gas engines “aka black exhaust tips”
The European Union got all salty about potential particle issues in the air and mandated them

It’s stupid and lame
Is the concept not the same? A cat uses a honeycomb of metals to trap gases and a GPF/DPF/OPF uses a honeycomb of ceramics to trap particulates

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Is the concept not the same? A cat uses a honeycomb of metals to trap gases and a GPF/DPF/OPF uses a honeycomb of ceramics to trap particulates
No not really they work by trapping particles in a mix match mesh and traps soot, that Hass to be manually burned off “diesels” . However a DOC and catalytic converter are very similar The only big difference between the two is DOCs run at a considerably higher temperature to continually burn off soot

DOCS as of late have become a lot more popular in industrial usage as far as tractors, because they don’t require burn off and don’t have many downsides. But for gas engines i find the whole particular filter stuff to be really, really stupid.
Sponsored

Last edited: