• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse for MSRP in or near South Carolina ?

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
Are there any dealers in or near South Carolina that are doing Dark Horse orders at MSRP because apparently I missed out at Granger Ford.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I called Fairway Ford in Greenville and Anderson Ford. Both are charging upwards of $15k over MSRP. Nobody in the SC, NC, or GA area that I found was willing to sell the DH for MSRP.

OP
OP

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Fairway Ford in Greenville and Anderson Ford. Both are charging upwards of $15k over MSRP. Nobody in the SC, NC, or GA area that I found was willing to sell the DH for MSRP.
That's what I have gathered I have called several dealers near me and none will give me the time of day I thought I had a spot at Granger Ford but they said that only 10 cars are available and I'm 36th on the list.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Try fairway ford in augusta, GA. It's basically SC haha. Don't bother trying any others within 200 miles of there though.

That's what I have gathered I have called several dealers near me and none will give me the time of day I thought I had a spot at Granger Ford but they said that only 10 cars are available and I'm 36th on the list.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
15K markup on a DH is insane. You can get a GT500 with less markup than that.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Well we all know this very sad state of affairs and as long as folks pay markups the markup will exist. If everyone stood their ground and said NO which actually may happen this time around they will have unused allocations some will spec some won’t. In today’s financial climate things should look rather bleak for them. Remember at MSRP on a quick point of delivery sale they are making upwards of $4000 (that’s an uneducated guess) or more a unit not sure why that’s not good enough. I’m sure someone can chime in and give a real world number on that.

OP
OP

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well we all know this very sad state of affairs and as long as folks pay markups the markup will exist. If everyone stood their ground and said NO which actually may happen this time around they will have unused allocations some will spec some won’t. In today’s financial climate things should look rather bleak for them. Remember at MSRP on a quick point of delivery sale they are making upwards of $4000 (that’s an uneducated guess) or more a unit not sure why that’s not good enough. I’m sure someone can chime in and give a real world number on that.
Yep and the average markup is 15k

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
I think the Dark Horse is an awesome mustang...but its not worth paying 15K over MSRP for. I predict there will be quite a few Dark Horse Mustangs sitting unsold on dealer lots after its all said and done. Most folks will go for a GT provided dealers don't mark them up as well.

OP
OP

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the Dark Horse is an awesome mustang...but its not worth paying 15K over MSRP for. I predict there will be quite a few Dark Horse Mustangs sitting unsold on dealer lots after its all said and done. Most folks will go for a GT provided dealers don't mark them up as well.
Agreed

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
So here's my math. ~3000 dealers, each getting at least one, some getting multiple. We already know many dealers on here getting at least a handful. There will be the initial push with any new top end trim for a new model. Those really wanting it will not be scared away by a markup.

But in the end I don't see 3000+ people willing to pay ADM. It's just a waiting game if you can't find one for sticker right now. It may take the full 18 months of production, but I see these small town dealerships finally getting their 1 allocation and still waiting for someone to buy it.

With the scare of small bank failures and continuing rate hikes by the fed, it's only a matter of time before you'll be able to see reasonable deals. I'm not a fortune teller, but that's my take on it

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is exactly what I'm doing. Just dropped off my pre-order for GT premium with the performance package and magneride. I'm not going to take my car to the track so I doubt I'll miss the 14 extra horsepower. The only thing I really wanted was the Tremec and the prestige of the Dark Horse name, but I'll be d****d if I'm paying $10-15k over sticker. I'm quite confident I'll be very happy with my GT the way I've ordered it.

The dealer I'm going through has one allocation and they sold it to a guy who buys a Shelby every year and according to my salesman pays $10k over. I was offered the car, but I'm not paying ADM. People are out there willing to pay that so it's going to keep happening.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
All things considered if you could have gotten the DH for MSRP would you have gone for it …?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All things considered if you could have gotten the DH for MSRP would you have gone for it …?
Absolutely! I had everything picked out right down to the painted stripes.
Sponsored