• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
well that is a new bad word I was hoping not to see...speed sign recognition. That has all the markings of an OTA update that will restrict speed or send you unwanted mail thanks to Big Brother. That had better be something you can disable easily.
Isn't that also already equipped with thr S550? By speed sign recognition they mean that the speed for a specific part of the road will be shown on the screen and on your sat nav. At least in Europe we have that already. It is more like an alert/aid rather than controlling your speed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Isn't that also already equipped with thr S550? By speed sign recognition they mean that the speed for a specific part of the road will be shown on the screen and on your sat nav. At least in Europe we have that already. It is more like an alert/aid rather than controlling your speed.
IIRC, it's something for Adaptive Cruise Control where if the IPMA sees a speed limit sign, it adjusts your cruise control settings, but you can disable it in the Sync settings

You don't suppose that if Ford *really* wanted to do that, they would have already?
exactly this, the Mustang is one of the last vehicles in Ford's lineup getting it

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
well that is a new bad word I was hoping not to see...speed sign recognition. That has all the markings of an OTA update that will restrict speed or send you unwanted mail thanks to Big Brother. That had better be something you can disable easily.
Seems to me that it's a nice feature for if you are driving in an unfamiliar area and miss the sign. I've had that happen before where I'm driving along and I'm not sure what the speed limit is. Doesn't matter if there's traffic, but when few others are on the road it's not the greatest feeling.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Seems to me that it's a nice feature for if you are driving in an unfamiliar area and miss the sign. I've had that happen before where I'm driving along and I'm not sure what the speed limit is. Doesn't matter if there's traffic, but when few others are on the road it's not the greatest feeling.
It totally is

Also like keeping Waze or Maps up because they’ll typically always have speed limits posted. They’re accurate like 98% of the time

“Big Brother” doesn’t care about your routine speeding events lmao

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Look, big brother used to tell me where I was about to go unsolicited. Hop in the car sat morning. Phone “ping, headed to the gym?”. Me, conflicted bc I want to defy, but already chugged pre workout “yes, bezos sir, headed to gym ”.

“Big Brother” doesn’t care about your routine speeding events lmao

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Got an e-mail this morning about Ford Frontline, and I immediately knew i had to report new Mustang info and pictures to you all.

I don't know how much of this is already known, so forgive me if I state something that is known.

chromeponycolor_sm.93a718af8473.png

---------------------------------
Engines
they describe the new 2.3L EcoBoost I4 as "Developed for the turbo-focused owner, who appreciates the Pony-inspired horsepower and torque available from EcoBoost", and the 5.0 Coyote as "Introducing an innovative dual air intake box and dual-throttle body design, this engine is all about appealing to those who appreciate the impressive output generated from a naturally aspirated, performance V8" and "Also produces a new level of signature rumble"

Design Customization
in terms of design customization, it seems Ford has abandoned the silver caliper option, as they only list black, red, and grabber blue
the carbon fiber wheels on the Dark Horse have been confirmed to be 19" diameter, but the rest of the wording about them seems like it's wrong, including implying that it comes with the handing package, and that they are 19X9.5" + 19X10" wheels, so that's probably a misprint

Bronze Appearance Package
the official name for the bronze color used is "Sinister Bronze" and it will only be available on 201A, 400A, and 401A, and there's a note that says "See the latest Order Guide for model details regarding wheel and tire sizes, requirements and restrictions." so maybe we're getting that soon!

2.3L High Performance Package
despite how little people actually got this package for the S550, it's still gonna be around, and it will increase the horsepower
here's the highlights they list

FUNCTIONAL
3.55 TORSEN® limited-slip rear axle
19-inch x 9-inch Carbonized Gray-painted aluminum wheels
19-inch Brembo™ brake system with performance linings
– Black-painted with white logo calipers
Black-painted strut-tower brace
Black seat belts (200A only)
Electric Drift Brake
Heavy-duty front springs
Larger brake rotors with 4-piston fixed calipers
Larger radiator
Package-specific tuning — Chassis, EPAS, ABS and stability control
Upsized rear sway bar
Available MagneRide® Damping System, now with Pothole Detection (requires EcoBoost Premium, 200A or 201A)

EXTERIOR
Carbon Black grille
Front tow hook access
Raised wedge decklid spoiler (body-color/fastback only)

INTERIOR
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
– 4-piece with chrome bezel (200A)
Paddle shifters

GT Performance Package
obviously, this one is sticking around too, and here's the highlights they list

FUNCTIONAL
TORSEN differential (3.73:1 axle ratio [manual]/3.55:1 axle ratio [automatic])
19-inch x 9-inch front/19-inch x 9.5-inch rear Carbonized Gray-painted aluminum wheels
19-inch Brembo brake system with performance linings
– Black-painted with white logo calipers
Electric Drift Brake
Black-painted strut-tower brace
K-brace
Heavy-duty front springs
Package-specific tuning
– Chassis, EPAS, ABS and stability control
Upsized rear sway bar
Available MagneRide Damping System, now with Pothole Detection (requires GT Premium, 400A or 401A)

EXTERIOR
Ebony Black-painted grille
Front tow hook access
Performance rear wing (body-color/fastback only)

Driver Assistance
all the new mustangs, including the Dark Horse, will also get all these new driver assistance items

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition
Evasive Steering Assist
Reverse Brake Assist
Rear Cross Traffic Braking

sadly, no mention of BlueCruise

Dark Horse
unfortunately, there's not much new Dark Horse news, the only mildly interesting thing is that it will have a lightweight radiator and interior trim in Black Alley instead of chrome, the rest of the wording is a bit confusing and is stuff we already know

Pictures
that's it for the new info, here are all the new pictures i could find, the rest were re-used ones from the ford media site
1671061894381.png

1671061912684.png

1671061937578.png

1671061954539.png
Is there any indication whether the drift brake and unified displays are optional on GT and DH?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Look, big brother used to tell me where I was about to go unsolicited. Hop in the car sat morning. Phone “ping, headed to the gym?”. Me, conflicted bc I want to defy, but already chugged pre workout “yes, bezos sir, headed to gym ”.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Mans is worried about big brother in a car when big brother can predict his bowel movements thanks to that black square he carries around everywhere. Ya'll crack me up.

*Intensely detests speed sign recognition and OTA updates*

10min later...

"Why yes, Alexa, I would love to see some fondue recipes, you read my mind lol".

Last edited:
OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Is there any indication whether the drift brake and unified displays are optional on GT and DH?
drift brake comes with the GT Performance Package and the Ecoboost High Performance Package, but is standard on the Dark Horse

i'm guessing unified displays are on premium trim levels (200A, 201A, 400A, 401A, whatever the Dark Horse is), but i can't say for sure yet

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Siri “sir, You had Indian last night. Based of your prior search history I’d advise against trusting a fart this evening.”

Mans is worried about big brother in a car when brig brother can predict his bowel movements thanks to that black square he carries around everywhere. Ya'll crack me up.

*Intensely detests speed sign recognition and OTA updates*

10min later...

"Why yes, Alexa, I would love to see some fondue recipes, you read my mind lol".

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
drift brake comes with the GT Performance Package and the Ecoboost High Performance Package, but is standard on the Dark Horse

i'm guessing unified displays are on premium trim levels (200A, 201A, 400A, 401A, whatever the Dark Horse is), but i can't say for sure yet
I can live with the drift brake I guess, as well as the unified displays. Though, I was hoping to have the option of the split displays after seeing them in Vaugh Gittin's video.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I can't get over the twisted toggle rack and center vents - looks so lame.
Looks crooked and doesn't help function much. I think that bugs me the most here.
Agree - and the fact that the design team allows a dash cluster that looks like they pulled iPads from a shelf, threw them at the car and where they landed - that was it.

Looks like a totally unfinished dash assembly.

For as "high end" as the Mustang has become, the lack of putting in a functional and BETTER dash assembly doesn't justify the price point - not for a "new" redesigned model.
Sponsored