• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
In terms of it being boxy, isn't that what a lot of mustang fans wanted? So many fans complained that the s550 was too curvy, and had lost it's muscle car look. I disagree. But regardless, this is responding to those fans, make a more muscular, traditional looking mustang, and people still don't like it lol. That's the most frustrating thing about creating products by far, someone is always unhappy.
In 2022 I suspect the majority of S550 owners prefer the styling to the S197. And to me, this front end looks boxier than the S550 in a family sedan or SUV sort of way rather than muscle car. I'm hopeful that seeing the lines of the whole car will change that impression, though.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
In 2022 I suspect the majority of S550 owners prefer the styling to the S197. And to me, this front end looks boxier than the S550 in a family sedan or SUV sort of way rather than muscle car. I'm hopeful that seeing the lines of the whole car will change that impression, though.
It's way more like the 2015 design than you think. If you watch the last video from Chascron, it really is basically the same as the 2015 but with some differing lines and placements for design features. The actual leaks and the renders using those leaks do a terrible job of showing three dimension space and how design elements are actually shaped. Chascron's last video really does a great job of showing how everything actually fits...it's not bad at all and not as boxy or truck-looking as the initial front end leak looks to be.

I definitely get what you're saying...I feel like the design language as a whole is very CUV...but that's literally everybody and everything these days as a focal point and inspiration. It'll look good, but mostly within the context of comparisons with other cutting edge/new released designs and maybe not so much as a collective whole lol. It's mostly just this era and what's popular that's a bit jarring/hit or miss. The front isn't bad though hopefully is as fluid with the rest of the car as the 2015 was.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Really need to see the rear quarters and roof lines that tie in to the revamped rear ended. Would like to see quarter vents like the 69’ and maybe concave rear tail light panel like the 67-68 Obviously with a modern twist.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
To me the 2015-17 design was the best since the first gen, but I’ve always liked the lx 5.0 notchbacks. I also hate spoilers so I know I’m in the minority here. Mustang was never really on my radar till I saw the 2015 in person.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
It's way more like the 2015 design than you think. If you watch the last video from Chascron, it really is basically the same as the 2015 but with some differing lines and placements for design features. The actual leaks and the renders using those leaks do a terrible job of showing three dimension space and how design elements are actually shaped. Chascron's last video really does a great job of showing how everything actually fits...it's not bad at all and not as boxy or truck-looking as the initial front end leak looks to be.

I definitely get what you're saying...I feel like the design language as a whole is very CUV...but that's literally everybody and everything these days as a focal point and inspiration. It'll look good, but mostly within the context of comparisons with other cutting edge/new released designs and maybe not so much as a collective whole lol. It's mostly just this era and what's popular that's a bit jarring/hit or miss. The front isn't bad though hopefully is as fluid with the rest of the car as the 2015 was.
This front end to me is a step in the wrong direction. Hopefully the sides and rear are better.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Really need to see the rear quarters and roof lines that tie in to the revamped rear ended. Would like to see quarter vents like the 69’ and maybe concave rear tail light panel like the 67-68 Obviously with a modern twist.
From what I've seen, the tail light panel is more flush than the current cars. Forget where I saw that though.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
This front end to me is a step in the wrong direction. Hopefully the sides and rear are better.
Totally get what you mean...seeing it in person will be huge for how a lot of this works. There's so many "depth" elements protruding or sinking inward that it's really hard to get a feel for it at this stage. Again, Chazcron's last yellow render in particular is huge for showing how a lot of the design elements will most likely work.

But for me, the sunken-in grill/protruding GT plastic insert and not so much the shape, the lower ducts and grill shape, etc are all so close but just way too overdone potentially for my liking. I think this one will do well with those who felt the S550 wasn't as striking as the Camaro from the same generation, but it's potentially "close but not quite...too much" for somebody like me who likes clean flowing lines and connectivity all around. It's why I think I may end up preferring the Ecoboost's front vs the GT from what we know.

Also...the S650 REALLY needs some three dimensional sidework like vents or louvers to go along with that front end. Same goes with the rear having some kind of massively aggressive diffuser. Part of why I don't like the 2018+ front end is that those trapezoidal cutouts where the foglights used to be have nothing else on the car to match-up with as far as depth and angle goes. Adding a side louver or vent with a similar look would have tied that in so much more cleanly. As-is, that's all a bit jarring with nothing else on the car having that kind of dramatic depth and angle to it. I hope Ford isn't about to repeat itself with the S650 and gets showy on all sides of the car if they're doing this type of thing again with the front. Side vents with a matching grill material protruding would really help to balance that gaping upper and lower grill/ducts on the S650 GT in particular.

Last edited:

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Another front shot for no reason in particular. I did more accurately reproportion the headlights.
I'n still planning to take another crack at the hood. There really isnt much to go on, and may look worse.

RedFront_GT.jpg
I'm gonna go there lol. You're maybe missing that center flow-line on the hood from the leak that you first mocked-up. It's hard to tell exactly, but that line *might* be there on the silver GT render that leaked...it's really hsrd to tell if there's sonething there or not, so I dunno. But holy crap are you good lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
I had to do an outdoors environment shot. I also wanted to showcase the difference between a regular lens and a zoom lens. I know Ace has schooled the forum before.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! Zoom_Lens

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! Standard_Lens

Edit: I haven' t done one in black yet.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! Back_in_Black

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I had to do an outdoors environment shot. I also wanted to showcase the difference between a regular lens and a zoom lens. I know Ace has schooled the forum before.

Zoom_Lens.jpg

Standard_Lens.jpg

Back_in_Black.jpg
Sweet, the green one ❤

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250

Zoom_Lens.jpg

Standard_Lens.jpg

Back_in_Black.jpg
This is is the best one yet
Sponsored