• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Grabber.jpg

[/QUOTE]

This would look amazing in triple yellow ;)

Reactions: Ace

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Well if I had to choose, I'd defintely go with the GT version. However I must say that the "powerdome" on the hood isn't in my favour. I actually like the air vents from the S550. I reckon we all have to see the car in person to make final judgement.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That front end is atrocious! The Eco Boost front end looks very good as we have actually seen it.
I don't hate it, it looks like they pulled inspiration from the focus RS grille, which isn't a bad thing. I've heard people say the grille opening is too big, but it doesn't look any bigger than the s550. There's just a contrasting black panel, like the current gt500. Which isn't a bad thing, as most people I've talked to love how the gt500 looks. It falls into the, more agressive, but still proportionate and not too over the top category of design.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Chaz, when I saw these views of S550, it got me interested in the Mustang and eventually changed my direction from building an Airplane in the Garage to building a Mustang in the Garage. Thank You!

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1660108050290

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1660108103227

As far as S650, the Front End more resembles a Pickup Truck. More Maverick and Less Mustang.

The Black Grill Chin is a No-Go, unless maybe the Car is Black. Otherwise it looks like the Black Plastic Over the Wheel Arches of an SUV. Looks Good on an SUV, but Not on A Mustang.
The Triple Lights are a Gimmick. Doesn't look right. Just One Continuous Light would suffice. If you must have 3 Lights, then Crease the Hood to at least give them a Purpose.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1660109503005

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
If you must have 3 Lights, then Crease the Hood to at least give them a Purpose.

1660109503005.jpeg
The front hood line is photoshopped and I neglected to add the side line. I will revamp the hood next. I have no real information, though so it's all guesswork, like the inside of the headlights.

I'm glad I had an influence on your leisure pursuits.

Reactions: JWS

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have a short video up.

The thumbnail is blue, but the color is triple yellow, at 93-Oct Mayne's request.
You're a hero! I probably account for about half of the current views on this 😆. I really hope it looks just like this and they find a way to make that s550 rear end look even better 🍑 👀

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
You're a hero! I probably account for about half of the current views on this 😆. I really hope it looks just like this and they find a way to make that s550 rear end look even better 🍑 👀
I’m certain it will be. Would love a leak.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Chazcron does crazy great work...lol.

I REALLY need to see the whole car, let alone actually see it in person to know if I would want to consider upgrading from my 2015. Just some thoughts though about the front end...I really don't care for the huge empty BMW style lower openings/air dams and miss the effect of fog lights filling some of that space. It's more aggressive, but also more ridiculous and a bit overblown. I actually prefer the Ecoboost front end, as less is more. I'm not a fan of the awkward "spider eyes" 3+3 arrangement for LED headlights as well....don't get why car design has focused on this as opposed to a singular "Iris/pupil" which projectors seem to have perfected. A lot of modern car design trends seriously mess with the concept of completing a "face" which we're all obviously drawn to. Ford is doing a nice job of following the current trend and expectations with that...but in the long run, slim and slitty/squinty headlights and spider eyes is going to age poorly and be awkward. We all know that this is mostly looked upon as a "wtf" era for car design with a lot of complaints, most of these trends and ideas will be tweaked into something better with time that actually works. Too many vehicles have oddball design elements within the front and rear that are in no way cohesive with the rest of the car, which hasn't evolved and still looks like something from the last decade.

I think the S650 will look great, but within the context of looking "great" compared to modern cars with modern trends. I'm 100% from the camp who loves the 15-17 front and rear end and can't stand the 18+ redesign; I literally hate it and find it to be hideous. The S650 front definitely is a rollback to the original 15 front end; I dunno how anybody could not see that, but it keeps some hood elements and ideas from the 18+ cars that've been reworked to fit a bit better. One thing I don't like...the lack of a "smiling" grill. My car says "hey buddy, hop in and let's go find an adventure"...this design on the S650 is way better to me than the Darth Vader mandable of the 18+, but it's still scowling and basically says "This is our darkest hour...Cybertron has fallen. Autobots retreat to safety; we must survive to fight for our future." LOL...I don't hate it, but it looks way too serious and concerned as far as expressions go. Combine that, with the inhuman LED headlight array...and it just comes off as a bit too "blank" for me. But again, that's EVERY CAR right now and the S650 looks far better than in comparison to a lot of its contemporaries.

I'm going to say it like this...in my world, my 15 is it for me and represents a nice "merging point" between outgoing design and technology trends that I personally loved, and incoming design/technology trends that have now taken over which I am not all too fond of. This is going to be a great looking car, but it may be hampered like all trending vehicles by the fact that it's clearly a transitioning design/model between two clearly defined generations. The S550 may age better as an example of "a great car before the big ol super tech/electric crazy rewrite" and the S650 may be looked at in retrospect as "the oddball half and half that didn't know what era it wanted to belong to" once the 8th gen electric-era Mustang hits and really runs with all of these new design and tech themes that are in an awkward infancy.

What I'm saying is that I fear the S650 is somewhat doomed due to circumstance as for what it is and what it has to be lol...I think Ford knows this too and is just trying its best to wow us in the moment realistically while placing all its focus on the more important next wave of hybrid and electric vehicle design which will sink or swim the company's future. I'm expecting a literal S550 with modern bits and pieces and a reworked company design language all over just to keep things going for the rest of this decade. It'll be a cool car, but bigger and better things will be coming afterwards as it literally HAS to be that way when ushering in a new era for cars like it's going to be, and the S650 might be very much underwhelming in hindsight once that does happen.
Sponsored

Last edited: