• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

YouTube content creators

tuckingfypo94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark horse HP Blue ember
Now, I know that creating content is not as easy as it looks if you post with any consistency. Coming up with ideas and editing videos everyday would suck and I respect the work some people put in to YouTube.

That being said, does anyone like Stangmode? His videos are clickbait and most of the time they never even touch the subject referenced in the thumbnail. It seems like he films a bunch of clips on his iPhone in random order, throws them into iMovie and hits export. Or the clip from the thumbnail then a GoPro rant from inside the car for 8 minutes. I donā€™t understand how he was like a ā€œspokespersonā€ for the Mustang crowd. Even his Instagram posts sometimes look like he posted something by mistake or was like halfway through editing a photo and then just decided to post it .

I genuinely donā€™t get it. Is there something I should know. Iā€™m genuinely asking. Iā€™m sure he is a nice guy and has some credit to his name, I just donā€™t understand how he was like a pillar in the s650 launch.
Sponsored

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't like any "creator" like that.
They scavenge their "scoops" from online forums and pretend like they have "inside information" or other variants to make them look like they are worth following.
As you said, it also reeks of clickbait.

And it seems to me that in recent months, many of them are leaning more and more on shady titles to get you to click. So i guess people are growing tired and they have to bait you a bit more...

I honestly think there's just too many of them and we've hit the maximum audience so they now have to fight for your attention.

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
That being said, does anyone like Stangmode? His videos are clickbait and most of the time they never even touch the subject referenced in the thumbnail....
No, not really. I avoid his content for the most part. I'm new to the Mustang crowd but I think most share your sentiments. I do, anyway.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I donā€™t know guys.

aranfmode is run by a guy. Human being.
Heā€™s put a ton of work in. Even somehow got remission to video his gt500 being built at the factory all the way through. He was always traveling and getting top quality interviews with the guys responsible for the car we care about.

I did notice he used to be married to someone else and the new girl in his videos is his new wife and so it seems he had some perss as onslaught matters for a bit. That can destroy someoneā€™s life snd csreer for a while, but heā€™s done a good job of pulling it together.

Some of his recent content isnā€™t what it was a year or two ago, but iā€™d say heā€™s earned a reprieve for a bit. Itā€™s not like speed phenom or others where they just speculate while driving or go to a dealership and talk to the employees etc. the dude knows how to network snd gets the top quality stuff.

heā€™s a quirky guy. Seems nice, but definitely matches to the best of his own drum do to speak. But heā€™s put in good honest work.

being a creative is hard work and youā€™ll not hit a homerun all the time. But this guy has hit more then his share.

so I say give him his props, give him a break when the content periodically isnā€™t what we expect, and let the dude get a healthy rhythm going. I think heā€™s doing that and good for him. Another thing that hits true creators hard is mental health because everyone canā€™t wait to cut them down when theyā€™re successful and their health often suffers because their going 100 miles an hour to endure their viewership doesnā€™t dry up and everyone moves on to the competition. Itā€™s rough.

Remember the guys human. Doesnā€™t have some major staff. Itā€™s mostly him snd his iPhone. Difficult yo hire staff and purchase expensive equipment when the freaking slogithmd change your channel isnā€™t getting promoted anymore or your particular brand focus isnā€™t so hot in the market for a while and your revenue tanks, then rebounds then tanks, etc.

Compared to all the mustang focused channels, heā€™s it in at least as much blood sweat and tiers as the next best, so letā€™s give the guy his due. He derserves it.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
honestly, the automotive "vlogging" youtubers are pretty annoying. Stangmode, Zander13, and Speed Phenom are the worst of them in the Mustang world, no doubt the Mopar and Camaro guys probably have their equals too. at one point it looked like his content was getting better, but it just reverted right back to his standard clickbait ways. i'm sure all those guys are pretty cool in person, but the content they make is pretty bad

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I really despise (contest) giveaway YouTubers I consider it a scam.

I also donā€™t like people trying to make a (career) out of YouTubeā€¦ I like that YT is cutting all these people ad revenue

have a Normal productive job in society and if you also want to film YouTube videos for fans and followersā€¦ more power to youā€¦. You just shouldnā€™t be earning a full time paycheck from it as it doesnā€™t contribute.
And that is more along the lines of YouTubeā€™s original vision.

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, I remember seeing him during the reveal of the S650. I was surprised Ford gave him time to speak during the reveal. I don't really watch his videos unless it looks like something interesting I haven't seen before. His video of sneaking an ecoboost into a GT only car show was pretty funny though. He put the 5.0 engine cover over a ecoboost engine. Funny because only a few enthusiasts in the video could tell the difference.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
it's tough work working full time and having a family and trying to upload vids for the interwebs! I have bunch of stuff I would like to do (unfortunately no Mustang content atm and my early Stang-videos just suck badly :D) but just finding the time and energy is difficult!

But doing some vids here and there as a hobby to stepping up and making a living out of it is a really big step! What I get as of now on a rolling 28 day basis does not even render what I charge per hour at my client :D (which is not over the top)(on the other hand don't have that many views). I would say for each video it's around 3h+ work, depending on type of video. If this would become my full time job then the fun part is taken out of the equation and becomes more of a must like most other sources of income. However I guess there are different degrees to it like anything else and I would assume that e.g. Throttle House, Savageese are truly enjoying what they do (don't need to mention they are top notch)

But again I do it for fun and hopefully to help/encourage someone with the stuff I upload

Last edited:

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
There are few youtube guys I like... really Cleetus Mcfarland is the only one I watch on a regular basis...

If you have not watched some of his stuff.. would highly suggest...

Some of his car science stuff was comedy gold...

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I watch Vice Grip Garage more than anything else.

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
Some are pretty good. Most are horrible like Stangmode and Speed Phenom. Irritating, condescending, know it all plicks.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Enthusiasts do what enthusiasts do. Unless independently wealthy or a company shill itā€™s your own dime.​

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Heā€™s spending all that tied money people gave him when he was a preacher on heā€™s stanky stangs now ..heā€™s a trained motivational speaker on YouTube now ..why would he want a real job if he can fool the public into paying him like he did as a preacher ..minimal work equals free money for this guy
I know a few pastors. They are the hardest workers I know of. Itā€™s like being a CEO - only more difficult since Many people serving with them are doing so because they want to, not because theyā€™re paid to - even the ones who are paid staff.

A pastor needs to constantly remain a student of the Bible, excel at communicating its truths in a compelling way, be a community organizer, staff manager, chairman of a board, making careful financial decisions, be artistic and creative, understand and practices good business, facility maintenance, stay up today on technology, production, lighting, sound, and address everything going on in the world with their congregations, able to lead life-changing missions trips to various global locales often involving preaching, medical aid, financial aid, vacation Bible schools, actual educational schools, etc. while being the main source of direction, protection, and finding the best travel and lodging deals. live an exemplary life, amazing some of the misconceptions out there.

The work a good pastor of any decent size church does on a weekly basis is insane. I had the privilege of being a staff tech and creative director at a church for 5 years. The leadership there puts the leadership of some major corporations to shame. Having also worked at HP, Verizon, and ATT HQ, I can say that that church at least was run better than both telcos and HP at least at the times I was there.

I didnā€™t know that stangmode was a pastor. But if he was, all the more respect from me.
Sponsored