• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
So I was just going to generate my X-plan PIN today for the first time, just to make sure it goes through and I have it even though delivery is not for months.

When it asks what car you are interested in, and I choose Mustang, it only goes to 2014 which is somewhat expected I guess.

Can I generate a PIN referencing the 2014 and still use it on the 2015? Assuming yes, but has anyone else done this or know the answer?
My dealer told my he doesn't need the pin until delivery/final financing. I'm holding out until then to generate my pin.

My assumption is that the pin is unique to each person, not vehicle.
It doesn't matter what car you get, the PIN is good for purchasing one Ford or Lincoln product. I think they just ask you what you're interested in so they can send you promotional stuff. They may even share your info with a local dealer...who knows.

The PIN follows the person, not the car. You are allowed to use two PINs each year (buy two X-plan cars). Since the PIN is good for one year, it shouldn't be an issue. You can get the PIN now and then give it to the dealer when you pick up the car in Sept/Oct. or whenever it comes in :D
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Score sounds good to me, I know it's early but I'll feel better if I have an approved PIN now.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
So I inquired about the Advertisement Assessment fee and fuel charge that people have been adding into invoice prices from Ford, and I got this response:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company regarding The Advertising Assessment fee and Fuel Charges. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

The Advertising Assessment Fee and Fuel Charges are applied to every vehicle purchase. The Advertising Fee covers the cost of advertising the product and the Fuel Charge covers the cost of the gasoline that the dealership puts into the vehicle before the customer drives the vehicle home.

These fees are included in the overall X plan pricing, as listed on the true factory invoice. Please refer to section six “Pricing and Incentives” in the plan rules on www.FordPartner.com for further clarification:
The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items.
Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
Danny
Ford Motor Company

AXZ&D Plan Program Headquarters
I'm still confused as to why people on this forum have been saying the Advertisement Assessment fee is different at every dealer? I assume this is because the dealer Invoice can be different at each dealer? Does this mean the "larger volume" dealers get a lower Invoice price, thus a lower X-plan price? :confused:

I'm trying to save money wherever I can...I just found out that plates for the first year for my new Mustang will be over $1000! :frusty:

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I would like some clarification on the waiting period for X-Plan availability for MCA members. It has been stated that new members must wait 60 days before getting a PIN # for XPLAN pricing, but I have seen people mention that they didn't have to wait at all after becoming a member. I received my MCA Membership card in the mail yesterday, so what is the real answer?

Thanks!

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
I would like some clarification on the waiting period for X-Plan availability for MCA members. It has been stated that new members must wait 60 days before getting a PIN # for XPLAN pricing, but I have seen people mention that they didn't have to wait at all after becoming a member. I received my MCA Membership card in the mail yesterday, so what is the real answer?

Thanks!
The real answer is you don't need a pin until you actually purchase the vehicle.

The car wont be built for at least 2 months. So you are good.

The X-plan requires a 2 month waiting period but you can generate a pin at any time. They just don't have to accept it according to plan rules. Since your car won't be available for at least that time you can generate a pin at anytime and use it when the car becomes available.

Congrats on the MCA membership. Welcome to the club. Sit back, relax and use your pin when you go to purchase. Bring you plastic member card with you when you do.

Oh, don't forget to tell the dealer you will be using x-plan and make sure he agrees to accept that.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'm still confused as to why people on this forum have been saying the Advertisement Assessment fee is different at every dealer? I assume this is because the dealer Invoice can be different at each dealer? Does this mean the "larger volume" dealers get a lower Invoice price, thus a lower X-plan price? :confused:

I'm trying to save money wherever I can...I just found out that plates for the first year for my new Mustang will be over $1000! :frusty:
The invoice pricing of a car should be the exact same regardless of what dealership you shop at.

My car is priced at x-plan.

My fuel charge is $57.60
Advertisement Assessment is $676

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
So I inquired about the Advertisement Assessment fee and fuel charge that people have been adding into invoice prices from Ford, and I got this response:

The advertising assessment fee is a flat rate, every dealer pays this when they sell a car. It may be different for each type of vehicle but all dealers pay the same.

Part of the a/x/d plan agreement is that you see everything that goes into the price. Normally the dealer would just include it in his retail sell price and not tell you about it because he does not have to. Same is true for the fuel charge to fill the tank.

As for the plates, well welcome to the club. Nevada is ridiculously high as well. Gotta pay to play. Good luck hope it works for you :)

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
The advertising assessment fee is a flat rate, every dealer pays this when they sell a car. It may be different for each type of vehicle but all dealers pay the same.

Part of the a/x/d plan agreement is that you see everything that goes into the price. Normally the dealer would just include it in his retail sell price and not tell you about it because he does not have to. Same is true for the fuel charge to fill the tank.

As for the plates, well welcome to the club. Nevada is ridiculously high as well. Gotta pay to play. Good luck hope it works for you :)
Thanks! That makes much more sense. When I sign into the X-plan website, it gives me the X-plan prices for any of the current cars, so I would think it would be a flat fee as well. I wonder if it varies by the cost of the car? I hope the convertible isn't much more than $676. On the other threads people seemed to have different values, and it was thought to vary by dealer, but maybe the EB models are lower or does it vary off the value of the car? I'm just trying to get a good idea what my X-plan price will be once the convertibles are open for orders :)

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
The real answer is you don't need a pin until you actually purchase the vehicle.

The car wont be built for at least 2 months. So you are good.

The X-plan requires a 2 month waiting period but you can generate a pin at any time. They just don't have to accept it according to plan rules. Since your car won't be available for at least that time you can generate a pin at anytime and use it when the car becomes available.

Congrats on the MCA membership. Welcome to the club. Sit back, relax and use your pin when you go to purchase. Bring you plastic member card with you when you do.

Oh, don't forget to tell the dealer you will be using x-plan and make sure he agrees to accept that.
Thanks!! :shocked:

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Thanks! That makes much more sense. When I sign into the X-plan website, it gives me the X-plan prices for any of the current cars, so I would think it would be a flat fee as well. I wonder if it varies by the cost of the car? I hope the convertible isn't much more than $676. On the other threads people seemed to have different values, and it was thought to vary by dealer, but maybe the EB models are lower or does it vary off the value of the car? I'm just trying to get a good idea what my X-plan price will be once the convertibles are open for orders :)
Lol, you were just worried about the cost of the car and now you want a convertible? In Colorado too? Hehe, oh well.

When they start taking orders for job 2 you can go to your dealer and get the pricing. figure 3-4k more would be my guess

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Lol, you were just worried about the cost of the car and now you want a convertible? In Colorado too? Hehe, oh well.

When they start taking orders for job 2 you can go to your dealer and get the pricing. figure 3-4k more would be my guess
I already know the cost of the convertible...I'm just trying to figure out the ADV Assessment fee that'll go with it. I want to be able to go into the dealer knowing exactly what I'm going to pay :) Yes, I'm buying an expensive car, but every penny counts these days. I've been waiting 20 years to buy this car!

Colorado is perfect for a convertible, over 300 days of sunshine! :D

This won't be my daily driver in crappy weather anyway...

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
I already know the cost of the convertible...I'm just trying to figure out the ADV Assessment fee that'll go with it. I want to be able to go into the dealer knowing exactly what I'm going to pay :) Yes, I'm buying an expensive car, but every penny counts these days. I've been waiting 20 years to buy this car!

Colorado is perfect for a convertible, over 300 days of sunshine! :D

This won't be my daily driver in crappy weather anyway...
I hear ya, I'm just having a laugh. If I had my heart on a convertible Mustang and I was living in Fairbanks Alaska I would buy it too. :D

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I hear ya, I'm just having a laugh. If I had my heart on a convertible Mustang and I was living in Fairbanks Alaska I would buy it too. :D
Yeah I don't even drive my 94 Coupe in bad weather anyway...so why not go for the drop-top :thumbsup:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
The invoice pricing of a car should be the exact same regardless of what dealership you shop at.

My car is priced at x-plan.

My fuel charge is $57.60
Advertisement Assessment is $676
The number I see on my information is not $676; it's lower.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
The number I see on my information is not $676; it's lower.
I bet it varies based on the cost of the car (MSRP or Invoice).....
Sponsored