• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
Just got off the phone with Thom at Sandy Springs Ford and according to him, X-plan is accepted, however there is a $1,000 deposit that is only refundable if the car I order is damaged or is not ordered exactly how I wanted it (I.e., they send a black car and I ordered Magnetic)
This is dealer who is not wanting to get "stuck" with a car optioned in a way they think that won't sell, in my opinion. They want you to have "skin in the game", as it were. I personally would find another dealer or go back and negotiate that OUT of the terms.

I am still not 100% sure about ordering a car that I haven't driven. Maybe that's just me...
None of us really know for sure. The only potential benchmark you could use is to drive a 2014, but even that will be different because of the new suspension design. Ergonomically, the new car should be similar to the current car, although the seats are going be different and the steering wheel will have the telescoping adjustment. In terms of sound, there will be some slight differences in the V6 and V8 engine models because of the routing of the exhaust and any changes made to engine induction. We won't know about the I4, other than what has just been recently reported.

If you like the style, the features, and the price is acceptable, then it's really a matter of how fast do you want to start driving at the start of the production run this year or later.
Sponsored

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
This is misleading. Lease isn't all that bad, plus you're wrong about not building credit...leases still show up on your credit report. You can move to another state, your sales tax will just change with it.
There are exceptions to everything, I had a lease where I could not take the car out of state unless I bought it. You just have to read the lease. It was not the manufacturers lease, but a contractor. I had no idea at the time there were several leasing options open to the dealer, just like financing. Again, my info is my situation in years past. Everything changes which is why you read contracts carefully.

Leases count against your credit report, but they are not valued the way a loan is, because there are too many "out clauses" such as buying the car, paying the penalty and walking away, plus many other reasons. You only get out of a loan by paying it off, hence the reason it BUILDS credit. Paying your utilities count also and any other legal payment you make. Most can tear you down but only a few actually build it.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
There are exceptions to everything, I had a lease where I could not take the car out of state unless I bought it. You just have to read the lease. It was not the manufacturers lease, but a contractor. I had no idea at the time there were several leasing options open to the dealer, just like financing. Again, my info is my situation in years past. Everything changes which is why you read contracts carefully.

Leases count against your credit report, but they are not valued the way a loan is, becuase there are too many "out clauses" such as buying the car, paying the penalty and walking away, plus many other reasons. You only get out of a loan by paying it off, hence the reason it BUILDS credit. Paying your utilities count also and any other legal payment you make. Most can tear you down but only a few actually build it.
The answer to my question appears to be "yes", so consider the question done for now.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible

Leases count against your credit report, but they are not valued the way a loan is, because there are too many "out clauses" such as buying the car, paying the penalty and walking away, plus many other reasons. You only get out of a loan by paying it off, hence the reason it BUILDS credit. Paying your utilities count also and any other legal payment you make. Most can tear you down but only a few actually build it.
Yeah third party lease would be different. I've never done that (I think my old local credit union had lease specials, and I bet you're right they would want you to at least return the car to them). I would think they don't care if you drive it out of state, as long as you don't move out of state...maybe it is just a title thing, that they want to keep the title in the original state since they will be getting the car back? Not sure...

I just pulled up an old credit report, and my leases showed up on my credit report as an Installment loan for the value of the total lease to be paid by me (payments * months of lease), with a payoff amount being whatever I haven't paid yet on the lease (not what it would take to buy the car from the bank). So, I believe you are right that you wouldn't build as much credit, but only because the loan isn't for the full value of the car, but on the flip side you wouldn't have as much debt showing on your credit report either (if you want to buy a house or something later on during your lease).

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
For those of you dealing with Sandy Springs Ford... be VERY VERY cautious when working with this dealership.

I bought my 2013 GHIG Coupe Premium from them in January 2013. Living three hours away I did most of my "work" with them over the phone. We agreed to trade in value (2010 Mazda 3) that got me out of my loan. The condition of the car was disclosed (cracked windshield) and photos were offered and denied. Sounds great. I was getting a $32K car for $26K and they were getting me out of my existing loan. WRONG. They nailed me for $2K less on my trade in value and then said I mislead them on the condition of the trade in and wanted another $500 that day. I was LIVID. I talked to the sales manager at length over this. I reminded him if it were for the face he had the EXACT car I wanted on his lot, I would have driven home to WNC and waited for someone else.

On top of this the Mustang wasn't ready for me to purchase! I was amazed. I called on Thursday and worked out a deal. On Friday I went to my bank to secure the loan. I called my sales rep immediately and faxed over the paperwork. I told him "I'll be there at 11AM Saturday." "Great! See you then!" I rolled on the lot at 10:56AM (yes, I remember these details over a year later haha). I left at 3PM and barely made it to my night shift on time. I spent a lot of time sitting and waiting on them. The car hadn't been detailed. The paperwork wasn't filled out etc etc. I'll even gloss over them refusing my Veteran's discount. Wouldn't even add it to the trade in value.

Bottom Line: The reason I share this story is to keep you on your toes. I understand my experience is not 100% of the time. But every time I see that stupid fucking button on the back of my car I feel my blood pressure raise. Oh, do make sure they DON'T put that badge on your new '15! I asked them to remove it. They said they would, and didn't. And I can't get a body shop to take the time to remove it for me. Anyway... be on your A game, and keep an iron fist on these guys. Write down who you speak to and what they say and hold them to it. My MUCH smaller local Ford dealership will be getting my business, no matter how long I wait to receive the new '15, just because I REFUSE to take my business back to "the largest Mustang dealer east of the Mississippi."

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
For those of you dealing with Sandy Springs Ford... be VERY VERY cautious when working with this dealership.

I bought my 2013 GHIG Coupe Premium from them in January 2013. Living three hours away I did most of my "work" with them over the phone. We agreed to trade in value (2010 Mazda 3) that got me out of my loan. The condition of the car was disclosed (cracked windshield) and photos were offered and denied. Sounds great. I was getting a $32K car for $26K and they were getting me out of my existing loan. WRONG. They nailed me for $2K less on my trade in value and then said I mislead them on the condition of the trade in and wanted another $500 that day. I was LIVID. I talked to the sales manager at length over this. I reminded him if it were for the face he had the EXACT car I wanted on his lot, I would have driven home to WNC and waited for someone else.

On top of this the Mustang wasn't ready for me to purchase! I was amazed. I called on Thursday and worked out a deal. On Friday I went to my bank to secure the loan. I called my sales rep immediately and faxed over the paperwork. I told him "I'll be there at 11AM Saturday." "Great! See you then!" I rolled on the lot at 10:56AM (yes, I remember these details over a year later haha). I left at 3PM and barely made it to my night shift on time. I spent a lot of time sitting and waiting on them. The car hadn't been detailed. The paperwork wasn't filled out etc etc. I'll even gloss over them refusing my Veteran's discount. Wouldn't even add it to the trade in value.

Bottom Line: The reason I share this story is to keep you on your toes. I understand my experience is not 100% of the time. But every time I see that stupid fucking button on the back of my car I feel my blood pressure raise. Oh, do make sure they DON'T put that badge on your new '15! I asked them to remove it. They said they would, and didn't. And I can't get a body shop to take the time to remove it for me. Anyway... be on your A game, and keep an iron fist on these guys. Write down who you speak to and what they say and hold them to it. My MUCH smaller local Ford dealership will be getting my business, no matter how long I wait to receive the new '15, just because I REFUSE to take my business back to "the largest Mustang dealer east of the Mississippi."
What dicks! Yeah I always have the dealers remove (or don't put it on to begin with) their stupid decals they stick on the cars. I am paying a lot of money for a car, I'm not offering free advertising. I got my Fusion from a dealer trade since my dealer didn't have the one I wanted. Why didn't you have your local dealer do that for you? I think I had to pay a little bit for a transfer fee, but that's worth it to not have to drive two states over to get what I wanted (or wait to order a new one). Car had over 300 miles on it too, since they had their guy drive one of their cars up there and swap and drive mine back.

I told them not to put their decal on the car when it came in...they looked at me funny..ha :crazy: I used to work at a dealership in high school and we'd have to peel the dealer stickers off all the time when people requested it.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Tried to ask Ford Norway about x-plan/partner deals... they'd heard of no such thing! Guess in addition to all my taxes I need to pay full MSRP :D yay...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

I am 20 minutes from them. So glad I went out of state to order my car after reading this type of stuff. Now I get to fly up and drive it back 10hrs with my 12 year old son :thumbsup:. Not to mention stop over at my parents place to show my dad my new toy:headbang:

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I am 20 minutes from them. So glad I went out of state to order my car after reading this type of stuff. Now I get to fly up and drive it back 10hrs with my 12 year old son :thumbsup:. Not to mention stop over at my parents place to show my dad my new toy:headbang:
Is there any option at all to buy direct from Ford at all? Didn't know if anyone has ever done that...should save $825 on destination! :D

I was just curious...thought it would be kind of cool to pick it up from the factory the day it was built, maybe even get a factory tour...then drive down to Indy to show off to family and friends, then easy break-in road trip home to Colorado :ford:

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Whenever I would buy a new car previous to this one, because I custom ordered and used x-plan, I would tell them I refuse to pay D&D as part of the negotiation.

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Is there any option at all to buy direct from Ford at all? Didn't know if anyone has ever done that...should save $825 on destination! :D
I would love that but I don't think there is such option. That is what Tesla is trying to do but many states are trying to go against it.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Whenever I would buy a new car previous to this one, because I custom ordered and used x-plan, I would tell them I refuse to pay D&D as part of the negotiation.
How did you do that? That's something Ford charges for delivery to the dealer (which isn't a bad price, considering if you're in California or even Hawaii/Alaska that is a long trip!), and the whole point of X-plan is no negotiations....:confused:

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I would love that but I don't think there is such option. That is what Tesla is trying to do but many states are trying to go against it.
Why go against it? You still pay your taxes on the car when you go to get plates, so states don't lose out on anything...I could see dealers not liking this option :-) heck, even if I have to pay D&D I'd still think it would be cool to tour the plant and watch my car be built, then take it home once they're done....

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Dealers lobbying local statesmen...
Sponsored