• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

WHOA!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I was just wondering if you remove both carbon traps if the new GT really makes closer to 510… good to see porting will also be on the menu!
Should be a easy 10 sec NA Bolton car.
S650 Mustang WHOA! IMG_0666
Sponsored

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That is certainly interesting.

Love to see a diagram and explanation of how that intake works. Dual 80mm is it? That is a shit ton of air coming in from those twin boxes and throttler bodies.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Removing the carbon trap in the '22 saw a net gain of +10 HP.

One of the technical riddles I'd like to study as well: how the dual intakes will work. I can think of...

1. Work together at the same time
2. Work progressively. As one is almost completely open, the second one comes on.
3. Secondary opens at WOT.

And modes. if the secondary is active in certain modes only, like Sport+, Track and Drag.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

One of the technical riddles I'd like to study as well: how the dual intakes will work. I can think of...

1. Work together at the same time
2. Work progressively. As one is almost completely open, the second one comes on.
3. Secondary opens at WOT.

And modes. if the secondary is active in certain modes only, like Sport+, Track and Drag.
Just beware of tampering with emissions related parts. I would not advertise it LOL

OP
OP
Q6543

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
mach 1 picked up 18RWHP and 13TQ on the dyno… so… there could possibly be almost 40 RWHP being handed to us for free!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I am sure it will work well, but you know the more parts you throw in there, the more problems.
It isn't complex at all. 4 barrel carburetors operated on two barrels until the pedal was pressed beyond a certain point. That would open the other two barrels and unleash all the horse power. It's a simple mechanical linkage and rarely if ever caused a problem. What was complicate is multiple carburetors. There was the 6 pack with three two barrel carburetors and multiple 4 barrels on a single engine but it worked well enough that it was common on muscle cars.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It isn't complex at all. 4 barrel carburetors operated on two barrels until the pedal was pressed beyond a certain point. That would open the other two barrels and unleash all the horse power. It's a simple mechanical linkage and rarely if ever caused a problem. What was complicate is multiple carburetors. There was the 6 pack with three two barrel carburetors and multiple 4 barrels on a single engine but it worked well enough that it was common on muscle cars.
All mechanical and vacuum operated. Not electronically controlled and not working with two types of fuel injection as the new Mustangs are.

MickB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT
is there carbon traps in the new gen 4 motor?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
All mechanical and vacuum operated. Not electronically controlled and not working with two types of fuel injection as the new Mustangs are.
Some of the old stuff was mechanical all the way. Mechanical secondaries, mechanical distributor advance, etc. but

Sometimes I feel as if being computer controlled does take some of the fun out of it. Hey hold a sec let me swap out this jet while you fire up the laptop and wait for the os update and then the app to load and so on….

if ‘carbon traps’ provide 20+ hp increase, then the gt really is the dh in disguise.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
You have my attention! Does this affect warranty, or just more emissions crap robbing horsepower?

Anyone wanna post their removal process and dyno results before and after?
Sponsored