• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wheel Spacers!!

OP
OP

dnetbandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
apologies to everyone.. a little super excited here.. my calcs were all wrong.. i know that 25mm is an inch.. .25 is a quarter inch and so forth.. but you all got my meaning i hope.. point being, making sure having 1 inch spacers didnt cause problems to the wheels or the body frame of the car..

Apologies once again..
I've got a set of Steeda 1" that I'm putting on all 4 this weekend. I'll post some before / after.
cool.. looking forward to the pics..

I am thinking about going 1 inch all around also, had a set of 1.5 inch but i honestly think that will be too much, and when the car hits a bump, the tire will hit against the frame..

Doug
Sponsored

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
I actually just installed the 1" spacers I got from Steeda this morning. Taking it this weekend to get progressive springs installed I've had sitting in my garage finally.

I think the front looks perfect with the 1"spacer. The rear sticks out a little more than I was expecting, but not sure if it just looks funny not dropped down yet. Hoping the lowered stance helps with the fender sitting right overtop of it so it doesn't seem like too much poke.

S650 Mustang Wheel Spacers!! 20231020_103324

S650 Mustang Wheel Spacers!! 20231020_103333

S650 Mustang Wheel Spacers!! 20231020_103347

S650 Mustang Wheel Spacers!! 20231020_103409

S650 Mustang Wheel Spacers!! 20231020_103424

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Good Morning Mustang family,

On the new 2024, has anyone attempted to add spacers? I ask because on prior mustangs without the magniride system, i had spacers to get the wheels to stick out to the frame of the car, not further.. makes the car look much more aggressive.. I think it is like 1 1/2 inch on the back, and 1 inch on the front.. has anyone had any negative experiences with this?? I'm trying to see if safety would be an issue by making this modification to the wheels..

Doug
I put 1 inch on the back and I agree it looks more agessive. I put 1/4 on the front. A few told me more than 1/2 on front you may be looking at front end alignment. Note I am saying may. Mabe some else will chirp in withtheir experince with spacers,

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Well, I'm planning on getting an alignment anyway after getting lowering springs and camber plates installed.

I haven't gotten any responses on another thread. I'm still trying to find good alignment specs for '24 (shop I called only had up to '23), or to at least confirm that the '23 GT specs will work for '24.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Just put mine on today. Yea the I’m not sure how i feel about the rear. I didn’t think it would poke that much. Once i lower will see. Hopefully put a little camber in the rear to make it look better. I got camber bolts for the front. Hope i don’t need anything for the rear

edit- also i drove it around after this and the springs settled back down after being up on Jack stands and the poke isn’t as bad and it is some camber that wasn’t there until the suspension settle back down. I’m not worried it actually looks better than i thought now.

Last edited:

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Banks does have one for the 2024 GT … called and ordered directly from them…. Free shipping $295 … go on their site for chance to spin and receive an additional discount… it also gets gets full voltage reference which is different then some of the other models
Thanks! I'll be curious to get your review!
Just put mine on today. Yea the I’m not sure how i feel about the rear. I didn’t think it would poke that much. Once i lower will see. Hopefully put a little camber in the rear to make it look better. I got camber bolts for the front. Hope i don’t need anything for the rear
Are you guys worries it's going to rub the fender over bumps?

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
It’s not that aggressive of a drop with the sport progressive springs from Steeda and a little camber will help too. I had 19x10 wheels on my S550 and a 2” drop. A little camber up front helped and i never had an issue

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I had an Audi A3 on coilovers with not even a finger width of gap. The wheels were tucked a bit and on super hard corners with a bump it would touch lightly but i don’t see it being an issue with what will be an 1”+ gap to the tire after my drop and a tad of camber

OP
OP

dnetbandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
question is, with nothing else done to the vehicle on the wheels, so stock, do you get any rubbing after you installed the 1 inch spacers on the back?? i was going to add the 1 inch and a half but after seeing some of the 1 inch, i noticed it is practically flushed.. so the 1 1/2 would be much to far out..

Doug

OP
OP

dnetbandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
We just put 25mm H&R Spacers on our DarkHorse in the front. Installed with no issues!
that is great to hear.. if you decide to put the 25mm on the rear, let me know if it rubs up against the frame at the top.. i am worried about when you go over bumps and the car flexes downward..

Doug

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
If 1” is too much for the rear what do you recommend? 1/2”?

1” in the front is ok?

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
question is, with nothing else done to the vehicle on the wheels, so stock, do you get any rubbing after you installed the 1 inch spacers on the back?? i was going to add the 1 inch and a half but after seeing some of the 1 inch, i noticed it is practically flushed.. so the 1 1/2 would be much to far out..

Doug
Don’t do 1.5! And not way should it rub on the back. Your suspension up front will flex and go up and down more than the rear would on cornering and bumps.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
If 1” is too much for the rear what do you recommend? 1/2”?

1” in the front is ok?
You gotta factor in what wheels people have and if they have camber plates and what not. I don’t think you can run 1/2 without cutting the studs (don’t recommend this) or getting slip on spacers with extended wheels studs.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I think y’all need to learn more about suspension and do some reading on mustang6g about spacers and stuff to get more knowledge before you hop on this stuff with all these questions you are asking
Sponsored