• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What's the consensus, leave top stowed or up for days?

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Years ago I know that it was better to put a convertible top up if you weren't going to be using the car on a semi-daily basis, but today tops are made much better. I hate the wrinkles if it's left down for an extended period of time, but they do seem to work themselves out somewhat if I leave the car out in the sun for a couple of hours. What say you?
Sponsored

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I would say it all depends upon whether or not it's going to rain ... :crackup:

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
if I leave the car out in the sun for a couple of hours.
In Tampa there was a 1530 express that dumped sheets of rain, daily. Here's an idea, Ford. Skip 'remote start' why not have 'rain sensing' auto-roof, or failing that 'remote roof'? That's technology that has some actual usefulness.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
The top is always down on mine when it's in the garage, and when I am driving it. Depending on where I am parking away from the house, the top may be up or it may be down. At the golf course I put it up because I am going to be away from it for four or more hours, and being close to the coast, ya never know when a shower may come by. If at the gym or at small shops, I leave it down because I can see the sky and can react quickly to get to the car. I have had the car for almost three months and have not driven it with the top up yet.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
The wrinkles come out.
I always leave my top up if I am not driving.
A few hours in the sun, wrinkles disappear, top tightens up. Top is always up when parked in garage or parked when shopping...keep the "critters" out and seats get real hot in the sun..šŸ˜±

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I have never had a convertible but here in Arizona the dirt is like talcum powder. Leave the top down or the windows open and you have a cleaning job ahead of you. I would go with if it's a nice day, down while using the car and otherwise, up.
Even indoors here a find layer of dust is expected unless you clean every day.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Hadnā€™t really considered wrinkles, more or less always treated it as a really big version of a bikers brain bucket.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Always up unless driving. Florida UV rays damage things very quickly and we have birds everywhere. Iā€™ve seen a few convertibles with birds using the headrest. Not to mention it tends to rain out of nowhere and I like keeping dirt out of the car.

dgc11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Convertabile/Nissan Titain/Rogue
Years ago I know that it was better to put a convertible top up if you weren't going to be using the car on a semi-daily basis, but today tops are made much better. I hate the wrinkles if it's left down for an extended period of time, but they do seem to work themselves out somewhat if I leave the car out in the sun for a couple of hours. What say you?
Cats get in the garage so the top goes up.
On my S2000 with top down cat turned hazard flasher on when I was out of town and drained the battery.