• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What is this gauge light?

sicksix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2022 Ford Explorer ST-Line
Sorry if it's been asked before.

The orange indicator in the pic .. usually only appears in track or drag mode, but I swear I saw it flash in Sport mode once too.

S650 Mustang What is this gauge light? 1000002488
Sponsored

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Haven’t looked in the manual but I think it is the traction control turned off.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Page 249 in the Owner's Manual associates the orange icon the Pre-Collision Assist feature.

While using several of the track and drag-like modes, many of the nanny protections become disabled.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
that icon is the one for pre-collision assist being disabled or not available. going into track or drag mode disables it. the once you may have seen it in sport mode, theres a similar icon that shows up in the same place but without the cross through it, that means you are following really close and pre-collision assist is not confident it can completely prevent an accident

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I drove in the rain in the dark and had this come up for a few minutes at a time. Then it went away.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I had it appear on a real foggy morning but eventually it turned off. And yes, when your distance to the car in front of you is deemed ”too close” it will illuminate.

Off topic, not sure if any of you have paid close attention to the little graphic illustration that shows the car distance between you and the vehicle you’re following. When you are VERY close and the distance shows red, there is a reflection of the red on the animated cars trunk.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
These cars take a lot of playing with. Took me hours to figure out how to change the Adaptive Cruise Control Gap settings while driving.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
These cars take a lot of playing with. Took me hours to figure out how to change the Adaptive Cruise Control Gap settings while driving.
:rockon: Same here.. When I picked up the car the salesman gave me a walkthrough but of course I forgot everything as soon as I left the lot. I did ask him to turn off all of the "nanny stuff" which he did.
Compared to my 2003 GT this car is more like a computer on wheels. Heck all modern cars are like that these days.
Sponsored