• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well, this took an interesting turn...

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I remember working at a Chevy dealer when the Camaro came back out. I actually have my wedding pictures with a silver Camaro convertible in 2015. But the one thing I could never get comfortable with was the windows. Drop top is great and takes care of the problem on nice sunny days. But the height of the door panel combines with the roof line just left such a small driver and passenger window, I never got comfortable with it. Iā€™m happy the mustang has more viewable space. Getting T-Boned by some college kid is my biggest fear in this town lol they all run red lights all the time, and I like being able to see and potential danger with ease. But the lines on the Camaro have always had a more aggressive look than the previous mustangs did. Ford finally gave a front grill that brings back the feeling of MUSCLE with the S650.

All that being said, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new whip!
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
I guarantee many of the ā€˜24 ZL1ā€™s were spoken for before the order banks even opened. I think they will be very difficult to get. Getting a new ā€˜23 (right now) is difficult enough already.
My order took 10 months to get.

Sinningdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford F150 Lariat, 2020 F150 XLT
I'm sure that I will get flamed by many (and I'm not saying that I wouldn't do the same :devil:), but I'd like to stick around here for a bit. I'm still excited about the new Mustang and can't wait for you guys to start taking delivery, seeing photos & sharing your thoughts on the cars.

Having said that... I really turned my car world upside down last week LOL. I've increasingly heard how difficult Camaro's are to get and that it is coming down to the end of the line, in terms of getting a new one. There are only 6 months of production remaining, period. I had a '17 2SS 6 speed a few years ago and really enjoyed the car. Deep down I'm not thrilled at ALL the the GT's do not come with the Tremec transmission; there is simply no excuse and its almost embarrassing. I'm also a bit nervous that the power may not be stupid enough to keep me occupied. (reminder I came from a Hellcat - no pitch forks please)

Anyway, I began shopping for fun at first.. then I was making offers to dealers before I knew it. I finally landed on one that is allocated to be produced late next month, which would be about the same as my Mustang order. It will be the last '23 ZL1 that the dealer will ever receive, 6 speed of course. I reserved the Camaro and told the Mustang dealer that my order is fair game. I thought it over for days and I think/hope this is the correct choice. I truly didn't want to give up on my Mustang order but I can't keep them all.

So I went from this (without evening having the car yet LOL)

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 4.06.32 PM.png

to this
Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 4.04.28 PM.png

Again, can't wait to hear & see some of these ponies come in!šŸ»
If you're going to the Dark Side when didn't wait for the Collector's 2024 Chevy Camaro ZL1 To Include Shinola Watch (gmauthority.com)

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
It's your money spend it as you see fit. As for me I would have gone Mustang. I owned multiple Gen 1, and Gen 2 Camaros and LOVED them all. IMHO Chevy screwed the pooch in 1982 and has continued to do so up to the present in the design of the Camaro. I hate the current interior with a passion.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
It's your money spend it as you see fit. As for me I would have gone Mustang. I owned multiple Gen 1, and Gen 2 Camaros and LOVED them all. IMHO Chevy screwed the pooch in 1982 and has continued to do so up to the present in the design of the Camaro. I hate the current interior with a passion.
Id say that I like the Camaro interior slightly more (vs the s550), but the mustang is a bit more comfortable overall.

Iā€™ve only ever owned one Camaro but Iā€™ve had a fair amount of seat time with both platforms. Iā€™ve driven an eco boost convertible, GT convertible, the new GT500 (all autoā€™s unfortunately- Iā€™ve never experienced the mustang manual). The tremec In my 2SS was great.

Last edited:
OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking for a zl1 or ss 1le but nothing new in my area so got the '22 gt. Only some vert SS's. Congrats.
Thanks! Yeah, it is fairly slim picking for these cars. Iā€™m personally not a fan of convertibles either. I love having the top down but I hate soft tops. You really canā€™t go wrong with either car.

Elcuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt ordered
Out with the new in with the old

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out with the new in with the old
Call me when the mustangs come with a real manual transmission. šŸ™‚ Especially for something like that on a new ā€œperformanceā€ carā€¦ embarrassing.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Call me when the mustangs come with a real manual transmission. šŸ™‚ Especially for something like that on a new ā€œperformanceā€ carā€¦ embarrassing.
The MT82-D4 with the twin disc clutch is not that bad, itā€™s certainly not embarrassing. I had a Tremec in my GTO. Had an aftermarket short throw and had to put a new clutch in at 11K. Opted for the LS7 clutch upgrade. Iā€™ve beat on the Getrag pretty hard for 22K with no issues. I personally donā€™t see much difference between the two even with the upgrades to the Tremec. If anything, the Getrag seems a little more crisp going into gear.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The MT82-D4 with the twin disc clutch is not that bad, itā€™s certainly not embarrassing. I had a Tremec in my GTO. Had an aftermarket short throw and had to put a new clutch in at 11K. Opted for the LS7 clutch upgrade. Iā€™ve beat on the Getrag pretty hard for 22K with no issues. I personally donā€™t see much difference between the two even with the upgrades to the Tremec. If anything, the Getrag seems a little more crisp going into gear.
You still have the GTO? What color?

I don't believe that I've ever heard anyone say that the Getrag is equal to (or better than) a Tremec. The "new & improved" is probably OK for most use cases... but it still isn't the Tremec IMO. I personally think, like anything else, you will have the good & bad... but it also makes a big difference on how the transmission has been taken care of/driven. You can murder a Tremec with the right (terrible) driver.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
You still have the GTO? What color?

I don't believe that I've ever heard anyone say that the Getrag is equal to (or better than) a Tremec. The "new & improved" is probably OK for most use cases... but it still isn't the Tremec IMO. I personally think, like anything else, you will have the good & bad... but it also makes a big difference on how the transmission has been taken care of/driven. You can murder a Tremec with the right (terrible) driver.
Unfortunately, no. 2005 black on black M6, full bolt-ons (intake, headers, exhaust), mild cam, JHP short throw, LS7 clutch, 3.91ā€™s, pedders street 2. I bought it new in Nov. ā€˜05. Always garaged and was in immaculate condition. Had a guy offer me $24K for it in 2017. Car still only had 41K miles. Like a dumbass, I sold it. Thought I was getting too old to need a fun car anymore. That feeling lasted about 3 months when I ordered my ā€˜18 PP2. Two different cars really. Only problem with the GTO was having to stuff a 275 in the rear. Traction was always an issue, but that car handled like a dream. Had it to 165 one time which was redline in 5th. Thought it had 180 in it, but my balls were only good for 165. Love my Mustang, but I still miss the Goat.

As for the Getrag MT82-D4, I know a lot of people trash on it. But, Iā€™ve not had a single issue, no lock-outs, no broken shift forks, nothing. Itā€™s been solid so far and I havenā€™t babied it at all. The Tremec in my GTO was the T-56 which was a double overdrive (1:1 was 4th with ratios pretty close to the D4). I also have quite a bit of seat time with the TR-6060 in a 5th gen Camaro. I have very little seat time with the TR-3160, so my comparison is based on the older versions. I think a lot of the trashing comes from the previous MT82, which probably deserves it.

A couple pics of the GTO.

S650 Mustang Well, this took an interesting turn... 91BEE352-B391-4B95-89AC-8C6BE4084B5F

S650 Mustang Well, this took an interesting turn... C5B1A30C-7FAF-4435-9808-1470AE3C3FF3

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"3 months" šŸ˜‚

I remember years ago drooling over those cars. I still have never ridden in or driven one, that I can recall anyway. Yours probably sounded nasty mean- you could just sit and listen to the idle all day.
Sponsored