• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Water in the headlights assembly already?

ROSSTHEBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So,,,,finally i got her from the dealership after so many days of waiting,,,,took it to my shop for detail,,,,as i washed it,,,,i noticed water inside the headlamps,,,,at first i thought it was just condensation foggy,,,,so it happens when the motor is hot and u spray with water,,,,but the car was cold and didn’t run for 3 hours,,,,,by further inspection i noticed the water has penetrated inside,,,,,,,
Has any one had this issue with their wash?

S650 Mustang Water in the headlights assembly already? IMG_9361

S650 Mustang Water in the headlights assembly already? IMG_9360

S650 Mustang Water in the headlights assembly already? IMG_9354

S650 Mustang Water in the headlights assembly already? IMG_5636

S650 Mustang Water in the headlights assembly already? IMG_5640
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
By chance is the pedestrian far side headlamp visual cue, an open hole or a window?

Potter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None at the moment
Have not had that issue washing mine.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
OP
OP
ROSSTHEBOSS

ROSSTHEBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
sad to say,,, NPP. But good news for you, is that maybe it’s just a defective seal. What did the dealer say?
Its the first day i got it…..dealer is closed on weekends,,,,that happened yesterday…but today all day in the sun with the heat it’s gone
No trace at all,,,,so I’m gonna wait for one more wash to see if it happens again before i go to dealership,,,,,,i took the delivery of the car unwashed,,,,,i did it myself ,,,,i am a Detailer
So the dealer wouldn’t know of this issue,,,,since the never washed it,,,,,i just hope it doesn’t go to dealer and warranty and all those things,,,,,they will keep the car forever,,,,,u know how it works,,,,

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Page 96 in the PDF manual talks about moisture in the headlights. Possibly the result of the cold water you washed the car with. Not a problem here as during the summer the water can come out warm enough to comfortably shower with. In addition, our humidity can fall as low as 8%.

OP
OP
ROSSTHEBOSS

ROSSTHEBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Page 96 in the PDF manual talks about moisture in the headlights. Possibly the result of the cold water you washed the car with. Not a problem here as during the summer the water can come out warm enough to comfortably shower with. In addition, our humidity can fall as low as 8%.
Hope so,,,,thanx buddy

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
While that looks drastic, it's not warranty worthy, and "normal".

For Ford to replace a housing, it has to be standing water up to a prescribed level, or condensation that does not clear in a certain amount of time and conditions. This is from personal experience with a past F-150.

OP
OP
ROSSTHEBOSS

ROSSTHEBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
While that looks drastic, it's not warranty worthy, and "normal".

For Ford to replace a housing, it has to be standing water up to a prescribed level, or condensation that does not clear in a certain amount of time and conditions. This is from personal experience with a past F-150.
Yeah i know,,,,but i cheked it,,,and it was clearly water….but the next day was completely gone
It dried out with the heat,,,,and lets not forget i washed the motor,,,,it’s not everyday that we pressure hose engines down,,,,and also they are designed not to get anything in them ,,,,

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just parked after a long drive in the cold and noticed similar condensation. This morning, it disappeared.

S650 Mustang Water in the headlights assembly already? 1706890158408
Sponsored