• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VIN Timeline

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For those that already have VINs, how long after placing your order did it take for you to receive a VIN?

I placed mine in the second week of May and was wondering when I should be expecting a VIN.
Sponsored

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Almost 8 weeks for me. Ordered 31 March.

JeffNEOhio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
For those that already have VINs, how long after placing your order did it take for you to receive a VIN?

I placed mine in the second week of May and was wondering when I should be expecting a VIN.
Ordered on 04/25/23, received my VIN on 05/05/23.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Ordered 3/27. VIN 4/13

DH 700a, AP, HP, Blue Ember

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
This thread won't help anything. There's no standard timeframe or even average timeframe that will be accurate.

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hmm

Seems like the average time is like 2-3 weeks, with some being longer. I just hit the third week so maybe I'll hear something in the next month.

dr1zzle01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Accord
Ford never sent me my VIN. I chatted them on the website and gave them my order number and sales code. The representative then gave me my VIN and scheduled production date.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
how long after placing your order did it take for you to receive a VIN?
As Ford creates plant schedules and receives parts for builds, at some point, it realizes it can commit to completing your order and building the car; this is when it is scheduled for production.

VINs are produced when the car is scheduled for production.

Getting the VIN is assurance Ford is committed to the build and the car will be completed. Schedules are fluid, so don't be surprised if your production date moves around.

Ford acknowledges the dealer has placed an order within 24 hours. Often, within an hour. When that order gets picked up and the scheduling process for that build begins, that's something of a black hole.

The mechanics of order flow, regional meetings/discussions, allocations and all that is known, but when/how Ford picks a certain order versus another and commits to production, we don't have insight into that. Dealers probably have some general awareness of overall MY production and how that's going.

Last edited:

DxrkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang GT track pack 6-speed manual
I ordered on 5/1 and still havent recieved any kind of updates. Purchased fully built gt premium did not get the recaros or the automatic

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z

ordered mine the first day 3/27 --- crickets
Sponsored