• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Underbody plastic

Tschroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Just performed first oil change 1000 miles had to remove 15 7mm screws and 4 plastic push tabs. That was so frustrating, I put it back on but will probably keep it off next time. Anyone else leave theirs off?

S650 Mustang Underbody plastic 20240204_205204
Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I can't answer your question, but I was surprised when I watched a video on the S650 and there was no access panel or anything in the under tray. I wonder how much all of that under body stuff weighs?

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
I did my first one at the dealership where I work and I watched one of the guys do it. The tray is crazy. The next one I'm going to do at home and while it's off measure and cut a u shape in the tray where the filter is so that I can cut a few holes in it and zip tie the flap shut and then for the oil change cut the zip ties pulled the flap and unscrewed the filter a little work at that time it makes it easier on down the road. The drain plug can be removed easily with the shield in place

Illini4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2017 Mustang GT
My wife's Chrysler 300C has an underbody panel that has to be removed for oil changes. It has 4 screws. 15 screws and 4 push pins is unbelievable. I think Ford needs to hire a maintainability engineer.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Get yourself tools like the below if you don’t already have them. Makes it much easier and faster. 2 min job to remove and replace that panel.

S650 Mustang Underbody plastic IMG_6104

S650 Mustang Underbody plastic IMG_6105

CJ9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Enough people ask for it and someone will create it then sell it to you for five times the cost to make it.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
I did my first one at the dealership where I work and I watched one of the guys do it. The tray is crazy. The next one I'm going to do at home and while it's off measure and cut a u shape in the tray where the filter is so that I can cut a few holes in it and zip tie the flap shut and then for the oil change cut the zip ties pulled the flap and unscrewed the filter a little work at that time it makes it easier on down the road. The drain plug can be removed easily with the shield in place
Hopefully someone in the aftermarket will make a good underbody cover with the appropriate access panels at a reasonable price.

OP
OP

Tschroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Great idea, thanks

OP
OP

Tschroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Get yourself tools like the below if you don’t already have them. Makes it much easier and faster. 2 min job to remove and replace that panel.

IMG_6104.jpeg

IMG_6105.jpeg
Yep already on it, I only had a 1/4 socket wrench when I found out about it after my car was jacked up. I should have put it back down and went to store, live and learn

Col F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
Hopefully someone in the aftermarket will make a good underbody cover with the appropriate access panels at a reasonable price.
Hopefully FORD will use belly pan with an access hole / door for the 2025 model (which should be backside compatible with the 2024)!

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I wouldn’t leave it off. It may be annoying but what an extra 2-3 min to remove them screws? I left of 2 push pins that you can’t pull the center pin. Other than that all screws and the two push pins where you pull the center pin to pull out are back on. I’d rather have less dirt and crap up there so the plastic stays.
Sponsored