• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo S650???

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
There will be no tt v8 on the s650 from an aftermarket standpoint for quite some time (if ever) given the locked ECU.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I wouldn't say it's going to take very long.
Intersting considering you still can't tune a Bronco and they've been running around for almost 2 years as well as the '21 F150.

Then you have the issue with "over the air" updates and Ford constantly "logged in" to your personal vehicle.

No thanks

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Intersting considering you still can't tune a Bronco and they've been running around for almost 2 years as well as the '21 F150.

Then you have the issue with "over the air" updates and Ford constantly "logged in" to your personal vehicle.

No thanks
Lol ok, enjoy that automatic. 😂 Have a nice life on M6G.

This is a Mustang, there's going to be a lot more clamoring to be able to tune it that either of those cars. It'll happen soon rather than later. You're kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Lol ok, enjoy that automatic. 😂 Have a nice life on M6G.

This is a Mustang, there's going to be a lot more clamoring to be able to tune it that either of those cars. It'll happen soon rather than later. You're kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.
It's taken the market over 2 years to crack the C8 and it's still unclear of whether that will resolve all concerns.

No one has cracked the DCT and that's gotten full effort from everyone for quite sometime.

To make matters worse, Ford is partnering with specific aftermarket players (like Whipple) for 50 state legal calibrations, which will serve to neuter much of the aftermarket interest in cracking it. You'll be able to get a power adder on the S650 (Roush, Whipple, maybe others) but it will be whatever package Ford determines is sufficient. The days of picking your own power adder and a custom tuner are either gone or on pause until the PCM is cracked Like the C8, you'll be able to put a blower or turbos on it and run some sorta stand alone, but that's the very high end of aftermarket enthusiasts. Ford will capture a big chunk of blower customers (who just want a stage 1 type power level) but the rest of the extreme camp (except the die hard stand alone types) are going to be left with the S550 platform.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
We’ve been wanting a twin turbo gt500/Cobra for a long time.

it’s about time the best V8s get the twin turbo treatment. WAY more efficient than supercharging, resulting in much more power and even better fuel economy.

pretty sure we will see this come to fruition in a couple years.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
With the update to the exhaust manifolds which removes the cat as part of the manifold, this provides Ford (and us) the ability to twin turbo this engine without replacing the exhaust manifolds. What are the odds they did this, along with the dual intake, with the plan to produce a Twin Turbo version of the S650?
The Coyote had 2 major issues keeping it from the GT500 in general. Initially, Direct Injection posed an issue… First issue was a that Direct Injection is kind of mandatory for the whole Ecoboost/Twin Scroll systems. Without DI, Fords EcoBoost isn’t possible…

So, let’s supercharge the GT500 until Direct Injection is ready, easy right? Unfortunately, traditional superchargers came into physical conflict with Direct Injection paths and injectors… I believe it was Whipple that developed the “Upside Down” Superchargers for Direct Injection Coyotes all through 2017, 2018 and 2019, probably hoping Ford would use DI in the Voodoo and eventually, the Predator.

…now Ford develops exactly what is needed to actually produce a true EcoBoost V8. They got Direct Injection in 2018 and finally engineered the Coyote to readily accept duel forced induction, specifically catering to Twin Turbo charging than duel Pro-Chargers. 😉

I want a GT500KR with a 5.5liter, 333cubic inch V8 making 999hp with Direct Injection on TWO (02) Twin-Scroll Turbochargers…

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Y'all just need to get an S550 and take it to Fathouse ;) I'll take one TT GT350 pls.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT

shanes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 🤙
Would be keen for a higher redline. I tend to hit the redline now in my Mach 1 when on track, yet engine sounds like more capacity there. Feels like it could be dialled up. Love the idea of twin turbo too.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Ford, please give the GT500 a twin turbo coyote! I don't want that 7.3 old pushrod behemoth of a boat anchor.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ford, please give the GT500 a twin turbo coyote! I don't want that 7.3 old pushrod behemoth of a boat anchor.
agreed. DOHC better for FI. and a higher mod potential.

more cubic inches/liters are welcome, but if it comes at the cost of NA vs FI, no thanks. Likewise, if it comes at the cost of a higher performss as nice ceiling after modification, no thanks.

I love the idea of the 7.3 for a BOSS though.
BOSS 445 anyone? Or they can sleeve or stroke a 429 version.
Sponsored