• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Trade C8 for dark horse..

elrev07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I have a 2023 C8...I came out of pony cars into my corvette. I MISS THE MANUAL. I have a short at a dark horse or GT with PP. I am debating it hard. I realize that 0-60 wont even be close but I also miss having a stick, the DCT and paddles are....well good, but not a stick. Anyone come out of a corvette into an S650?
Sponsored

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
I get the #savethemanuals - but the C8 is such a superior car. Not a chance I would trade it for a GT/PP, not for HP reasons but there is so much lacking in the car from grip to cooling and you get a crap transmission. If you must, DH, Mach 1, or find if you really want to do "Mustang" right - a low milage GT350

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'm coming out of a '19 C7 Z06. Sold my Z06 after 2 years because someone offered me almost what I paid for it. I hadn't really thought about selling it up until that point, but it was an offer too good to refuse. My Corvette was an A8, which I loved. It was wicked fast. Decided to order the Mustang after being without a performance car for awhile. It's a little too early to come to any conclusions on my Mustang, which only has 300 miles on it. They're two completely different cars. I'm getting up there in years and my reflexes aren't what they once were. I'm probably a little less likely to get into trouble in my Mustang. 🙂

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Gt350r owner here...

I have driven multiple C8s and thought about it for a second but ...

I would say DH Mach 1 or GT350

Here in Southern CA c8s are everywhere... yes I realize mustangs are everywhere too but a Dark Horse or Mach 1 or GT350 are not

I am focusing on fun vs. Acceleration... I mean now days you can buy an electric Kia if you just want fast Acceleration

Manuals are more fun then automatic to me .. even though they are slower... it's what's kept me out of a GT500 so far .. even though it's very tempting...

All 3.. Dark Horse Mach 1 and GT350s are good cars ..

I would drive a DH .. a Mach 1.. a 19/20 GT350 and see what you like ...

The DH and Mach will be much different then a GT350... different power bands and engine characteristics...

OP
OP

elrev07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I am torn. I like the idea of the 350. I need to find a low mileage unabused one here in the North East. I live in pittsburgh. But I can definitely have hands on a Dark Horse tomorrow. there is one available a few hours away.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I am torn. I like the idea of the 350. I need to find a low mileage unabused one here in the North East. I live in pittsburgh. But I can definitely have hands on a Dark Horse tomorrow. there is one available a few hours away.
Even if you drive one that's abused ... I would first.. that way if you buy the DH you are doing with confidence and not thinking what if... I drove 3 500s and 3 350s before I made a final decision... even if its a little abused it will at least give you a feel for the car...

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
There is a blue and black GT350 on Autotrader in NH with less than 9k miles on it for $58k - I saw that car when it was for sale at a dealer at the beginning of 2023 and it was a real beautiful car. I don't think the new owner has put 1000 miles on it. I personally want a brand new car (will likely be a BMW M2 at this point) but if I wanted a GT350 that would be the car.

edit: https://www.autotrader.com/marketpl...&trimCodeList=MUST%7CShelby%20GT350&zip=03452

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
Good luck in your decision! I got to drive a C8 Stingray for 4 laps on the NCM Motorsports track. The mid-engine feeling is awesome! It's a fantastic car on the street, and it really shines on a road course.

I understand the driving pleasure with a manual transmission. That is something that's high up on my list. The DCT was fast shifting and amazing on the NCM track. I didn't use the paddles. For around town driving, I'd really have to adjust to the transmission action being automated or manually selected with paddles.

That said, I just got my Dark Horse, and I can tell you that it's very fun to drive on the street with the manual. I look forward to taking it down to the NCM track to see how it feels. Likely, the weight will be a factor in the handling experience, but I think it will be enjoyable.

PS - I think comments from @Upacurb are very good ones!

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I have a 2023 C8...I came out of pony cars into my corvette. I MISS THE MANUAL. I have a short at a dark horse or GT with PP. I am debating it hard. I realize that 0-60 wont even be close but I also miss having a stick, the DCT and paddles are....well good, but not a stick. Anyone come out of a corvette into an S650?
congrats on getting the dark horse but getting rid of the c8...no way..i have 2022 c8 and picked up 24 mustang..have best of both worlds..