• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts? Airbrushed Hood Pad!

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
I'm going to try to be constructive.
If you want to sell it and sell a lot of them, I would :
1- make it simpler: fewer thicker lines.
2- make it more coherent: fewer hues of a given color. In this particular example I would go white and no more than 2 hues of blue.
3- take inspiration from the Dark Horse badge generally: it doesn't have a lot of detail, the lines are thick and shapes have mass to them. It doesn't look like an art piece that can be interpreted as tasteful or gross. It just is. It stands on its own and no one will ever say the dark horse badge is disgusting or anything negative. I personally do not like it much, but I don't find it repelling at at all. You want something like that.
The artist who created this hood pad has talent and an eye for capturing movement and this particular design will appeal to some people. If the aim is to sell many, recoup costs and make a profit I would do something that integrates the 3 suggestions above.
Cheers,
JAL
Thanks for the constructive criticism! Not trying to sell anything this will be on my DH. Added a DH Badge (top right) & The DARK HORSE font (top left) in the final design. Haven't had the time to post the new version yet.
When looking at it in person if you move left or right when looking at the middle it moves with your eyes (REALLY TRIP) how it does this! Not sure if I can record the movement with the camera but will probably try.

Reactions: JAL

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Would look nice at a car show...parked next to a riced out corvette!

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would look nice at a car show...parked next to a riced out corvette!
Some people HUH! It'll look just fine at the shows parked next to my 11 GT with this on the hood pad! Which by the way has it's fair share of awards! Top 20 at CJ Pony Parts Show at the AACA museum! Just to name 1!!!
CIMG3514.JPG

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not minding that!!!!:like:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I'm going to try to be constructive.
My post was constructive as well. Tacky is tacky, no matter how you slice it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr