• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

This is how buttons work..

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Looks like haptic/touch sensitive buttons, with the actual interaction taking place below the bottons, at those silver/metal pads.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
geezus, where'd they find the moron who failed materials engineering who didn't bother to support the middle of a long run of weak-ass plastic? Seriously Ford, where are you finding such INCOMPETENT "engineers" and how is it NOBODY noticed the obvious panel flex and immediately required proper bracing?

If you're supposed to 'brush' the white part and people naturally jab the icon, then YOU FAILED HUMAN FACTORS!!!! Where is the visual feedback that you've changed the state of the button? Does it change luminosity, or color? Either at the icon or the pad?

Did they stop teaching human-factors in engineering because everything is a god-damn touch-screen?

Last edited:

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
geezus, where'd they find the moron who failed materials engineering who didn't bother to support the middle of a long run of weak-ass plastic? Seriously Ford, where are you finding such INCOMPETENT "engineers" and how is it NOBODY noticed the obvious panel flex and immediately required proper bracing?

If you're supposed to 'brush' the white part and people naturally jab the icon, then YOU FAILED HUMAN FACTORS!!!!
C'mon dude, let's panic when we actually touch them ourselves.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Not going to bother going out of my way to touch that....

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You know absolutely nothing about them, haven't seen them in person, haven't touched them, but you're certain they're garbage!!!!:cwl::cwl:

Looks like haptic/touch sensitive buttons, with the actual interaction taking place below the bottons, at those silver/metal pads.
yes, because many of us have real world experience.
the airplane cockpit style controls are way better.

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Aren’t all of these cars preproduction at this point? Can we say that flex is for sure representative of the final product?

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
As scoots said, pre-production. Who's to say they stay like this, at two days after reveal and nearly a year and a half out? Easy with the doomsaying.

DutchPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT EU
You know absolutely nothing about them, haven't seen them in person, haven't touched them, but you're certain they're garbage!!!!:cwl::cwl:

In my experience haptics are usually terribly annoying. I agree it's to early to judge but I can definitely understand the annoyance when toggle switches or larger buttons and dials are more comfy and easier to reach when in motion.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
at two days after reveal and nearly a year and a half out?
more like 9 months if the wishful thinking is correct. The problem is the molds are already done and the likelihood of them revisiting it is slim to none. They'll simply adopt the Apple TM "you're holding it wrong" defense.

This is Ford, they have shown over and over and over again, they don't admit their mistakes and they don't fix things except under duress. It's a shame they don't have a Steve Jobs who would throw the teams out on their ass and abuse them mercilessly till they got it right.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Jesus the flex on that LOL Like a $350 shitty Acer laptops keyboard flex. Good lord.

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
I was thrilled when I saw the S550 had toggles. Was even more thrilled when I discovered they work and work well.

I'm old. I like toggle switches. I'm probably way too happy about that.
Sponsored