• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
anyway...to get this topic back on track. I can understand why some people would be upset about the change, after all the double cowl design is a legacy design that's been around for a long while. But, at the same time, i didn't buy my mustang for its dashboard, and my co workers, friends, and videos ive seen, never really mention the dash unless its to complain about the "plastic-y feeling". so them ditching it in favor of what some people around my age would see as "sleek and stylish" makes sense to me. This is probably going to be the "live axle vs IRS" of this generation though.
Sponsored

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
So in 1984 you were 18 years old and driving a new Mustang? Congratulations. My mummy and dada never bought me a car, much less a Mustang. And I couldn't personally swing the (inflation adjusted) price of around $32K at 18.
I tried to buy my 1st new Mustang (302/automatic/no air) when I was 21 in 1971 and the sales price was $3261. I didn't get because I couldn't swing the monthly payments of $102 a month. When I was 28 , I tried again to buy a new Mustang II in 1978 and a stripped down base model was $4200. I had to turn it down, also.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
I tried to buy my 1st new Mustang (302/automatic/no air) when I was 21 in 1971 and the sales price was $3261. I didn't get because I couldn't swing the monthly payments of $102 a month. When I was 28 , I tried again to buy a new Mustang II in 1978 and a stripped down base model was $4200. I had to turn it down, also.
I knew lots of kids from wealthy families in HS. This was back in the Detroit area. Racing Woodward from light-to-light, then crashing.

Mustangs everywhere, some kids getting killed while drunk in them.

Not sure Mustangs are meant for people under 30.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Man I'm all out of popcorn.....

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
One thing is clear - this forum is full of Luddites, still wanting a car that looks like its stuck in the early 90s.

Thank God there's people like us that will actually buy a modern Mustang, not some double dashboard dials old timer looking hunk of old style.

Ford understands that people in the 20s, 30s and 40s love tech.
Can't rely on people in their 60s that still remember Viernam War to be their one and only customer.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Why is it when someone disagrees with your opinion, they are a "hater"? There is room on here for all opinions unless you live in a 3rd world dictatorship.
note the title of the tread... No, a countrary opinion doesn't == hater even though that seems to be the recent "agree with me or else" mono-theistic culture some are so intent on establishing across many a topic.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so Ford needs to act and change the mustang to target the up and coming generation.
but an e-dash isn't going to matter, because the most important criteria was yanked FAR FAR the wrong way - price. You could put a Star Trek console in the thing and hand-wave/voice commands out the yazoo and it simply can't sell because nobody can afford the damn thing.

The mustang's entire ethos for decades has been CHEAP. It left cheap in the rearview solidly by 2017 if not somewhat back to the S197 generation.

Granted you couldn't pay me to own a Mustang between 1975-2011 as they were utter garbage, and the S550 finally had the right mix of looks, interior, and motor to make it onto my list.

But the S550.5 is going to be a major sales flop because of economics and the steady beat of CUV-adoration and the gov't imposed EV nonsense.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
The mustang's entire ethos for decades has been CHEAP. It left cheap in the rearview solidly by 2017 if not somewhat back to the S197 generation.
Just about all manufactures the past 20 years have steered away from "cheap". They can't compete delivering the trash to Americans that they have been in places like Europe where cheap is a much different standard.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The S650 is not for people that already own a S550.

It’s for people that own foxbodys, new edge, s197s.
I see S550 constantly - almost as frequently as Civics and Teslas 'round these parts. Exactly who are these people still riding around in Fox/Edge? They are dirt poor and have one because it's a rust bucket. No way in hell they can afford a S550/550.5. And if their fox/new are in great shape, good luck prying their fingers off their current car.

While Kona is out in left field, there is basically next to no market for the 550.5. Sure, some replacement, some conquest from Challenger or more likely Camaro but it won't be big numbers; conquest won't save the Mustang.

I've owned a series of S550s, and drive my '21 Challenger (now with IRS/chassis fixes, and proper tires) frequently and well remember the SS/1LE I had during '19/20. I have ZERO brand affinity unlike a large cross-section of typical buyers in this segment. I'm actively looking to order a SS or Blackwing but 550.5 is dead to me. I won't even consider it should my 550s got crushed.

That's how bad of a miss the S550.5 is both externally but more importantly internally.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I see S550 constantly - almost as frequently as Civics and Teslas 'round these parts. Exactly who are these people still riding around in Fox/Edge? They are dirt poor and have one because it's a rust bucket. No way in hell they can afford a S550/550.5.
This couldn’t be further from my experience. In my area foxbody IS the status car, and they’re in garages parked next to Gt500s, vipers, mclarens, gtr’s, 911gt’s etc..

The quality of owners have increased drastically… with the prices.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granted you couldn't pay me to own a Mustang between 1975-2011 as they were utter garbage, and the S550 finally had the right mix of looks, interior, and motor to make it onto my list.
i find this statement very funny with the added context that the S550 is the LEAST sold Mustang generation, especially compared to the S197 it replaced, S197 sold 620k units in the first 5 years, S550 sold 614K...in 8 years.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i find this statement very funny with the added context that the S550 is the LEAST sold Mustang generation
Just because your fellow country men were perfectly happy to embrace garbage in the past doesn't mean anything. We've reached Mustang saturation or market exhaustion circa 2017/8

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just because your fellow country men were perfectly happy to embrace garbage in the past doesn't mean anything. We've reached Mustang saturation or market exhaustion circa 2016/7.
calls the previous generations trash, proceeds to say market was exhausted in 2016/17

so what youre saying is that the S550 was so lackluster that nobody really wanted to trade for one after its second year? whats your point here?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So in 1984 you were 18 years old and driving a new Mustang? Congratulations. My mummy and dada never bought me a car, much less a Mustang. And I couldn't personally swing the (inflation adjusted) price of around $32K at 18.
My parents didn't buy me shit. I have worked since I was 12 yrs old and saved every dollar. I worked construction with my dad since I was 14 thru 18. At 16 I also worked at a lumber yard, worked nightshift closing at Subway. Yes, I bought a Mustang at 18 with a nice down payment and a monthly payment. I went into the military and after basic training the car went with me to my first base (Eglin AFB) after technical training.

Not sure what your issue is but you seem to be a bit of dick
Sponsored