• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I know it's 2023 but I want my Mustang Dark Horse with some of them fandangled carburettors.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
The shape and location are exactly what make it suck. That plus the removal of hardware switches for hvac, drive mode and exhaust mode.
having issues with the shape i can understand, change scares people. Location i dont understand, what exactly is everyones issues with its location? if you compare it to previous gens, the screens are in the same location as the original dash, the only difference being the vents and second screen are swapped around.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
change scares people.
I don't mind change at all, as long as it's improvement. Changing things for the worse I do mind.

if you compare it to previous gens, the screens are in the same location as the original dash, the only difference being the vents and second screen are swapped around.
I would not qualify that as the same location. The cluster is on top of the ip panel instead of in it, the second screen is no longer in the middle, at a very different hight and it is angled instead of symmetrical and flush. It couldn't be more different imho.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't mind change at all, as long as it's improvement. Changing things for the worse I do mind.
if thats your opinion then fine, like i said, i like the change

I would not qualify that as the same location. The cluster is on top of the ip panel instead of in it, the second screen is no longer in the middle, at a very different hight and it is angled instead of symmetrical and flush. It couldn't be more different imho.
ultimately when you look at side by side comparisons, the screens are set far enough back that the gauges are still in roughly the same location, just without the excessive cowls covering them. as for the second bit. yeah i can see where you would consider that to be a major difference. i just discount it because 1: i rarely ever look at that stuff when driving so dont really notice/care, and 2: i much prefer the driver focused design over the old boring flat design (speaking from an old S197's that didnt have any big screens).

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
12 years..... rookie. I'm 57 and have had a Mustang since I was 18 years old driving a 1984 4-eyes.
It sounds like you are more of a Mustang enthusiast than most young (under 25) car owners are.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this is the Haters' thread so any love-in posts will get critiqued.
Why is it when someone disagrees with your opinion, they are a "hater"? There is room on here for all opinions unless you live in a 3rd world dictatorship.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if thats your opinion then fine, like i said, i like the change

ultimately when you look at side by side comparisons, the screens are set far enough back that the gauges are still in roughly the same location, just without the excessive cowls covering them. as for the second bit. yeah i can see where you would consider that to be a major difference. i just discount it because 1: i rarely ever look at that stuff when driving so dont really notice/care, and 2: i much prefer the driver focused design over the old boring flat design (speaking from an old S197's that didnt have any big screens).
In a few years, Ford will be probably be using AI-influenced design schemes for their interiors. So, whatever is there now will change.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In a few years, Ford will be probably be using AI-influenced design schemes for their interiors. So, whatever is there now will change.
i mean Fords gotta try something, the S550 was a horrible performer sales wise when compared to the S197 and all previous generations.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
12 years..... rookie. I'm 57 and have had a Mustang since I was 18 years old driving a 1984 4-eyes.
So in 1984 you were 18 years old and driving a new Mustang? Congratulations. My mummy and dada never bought me a car, much less a Mustang. And I couldn't personally swing the (inflation adjusted) price of around $32K at 18.

Last edited:

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
i mean Fords gotta try something, the S550 was a horrible performer sales wise when compared to the S197 and all previous generations.
The S550 won the sales crown every year, IIRC. Or most of them.

You can't compare to previous generations, as the market has changed dramatically.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The S550 won the sales crown every year, IIRC. Or most of them.

You can't compare to previous generations, as the market has changed dramatically.
you can compare it to previous generations as thats a great indicator of health of the brand, and sad to say compared year for year to the S197 there is only 1 single year where the S550 outsold the S197, that was year 5 of production 2019 vs 2009, and if you have more than 5 braincells youll know why. the S550 is not the best mustang sales wise.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
you can compare it to previous generations as thats a great indicator of health of the brand, and sad to say compared year for year to the S197 there is only 1 single year where the S550 outsold the S197, that was year 5 of production 2019 vs 2009, and if you have more than 5 braincells youll know why. the S550 is not the best mustang sales wise.
No, you can't compare sales to previous generations. And no one, lease of all me, claimed that "the S550 is the best Mustang sales wise".

Seriously......I don't know what part of "the (vehicle) market has changed tremendously" is difficult for you comprehend, but it's a simple statement that stands on it's own.

Sales for ALL performance coups have dropped off the cliff. People simply don't want them any more, they want SUVs and trucks. So you can only judge the sales efficacy of the Mustang product by comparing it on a year-by-year basis with it's direct competitors like the Camaro and Challenger.

And in that light, the S550 has been a winner. It's defeated the Camaro and Challenger each year, IIRC.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, you can't compare sales to previous generations. And no one, lease of all me, claimed that "the S550 is the best Mustang sales wise".

Seriously......I don't know what part of "the (vehicle) market has changed tremendously" is difficult for you comprehend, but it's a simple statement that stands on it's own.

Sales for ALL performance coups have dropped off the cliff. People simply don't want them any more, they want SUVs and trucks. So you can only judge the sales efficacy of the Mustang product by comparing it on a year-by-year basis with it's direct competitors like the Camaro and Challenger.

And in that light, the S550 has been a winner. It's defeated the Camaro and Challenger each year, IIRC.
it lost to the challenger for the past two years. which in a normal battle, would be a decent sales pace, however when you consider the challenger has had steady and consistent sales since 2015, while the mustang took a solid nose dive off the nearest cliff, almost in pace with the camaro, just offset by a year. which is even more embarrassing when the mustang used to outsell the camaro almost threefold year on year. not even talking about raw sales numbers here, the S550 is seriously lacking vs its competitors. As you said yourself, the market they're in is a changing market, so Ford needs to act and change the mustang to target the up and coming generation.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
it lost to the challenger for the past two years. which in a normal battle, would be a decent sales pace, however when you consider the challenger has had steady and consistent sales since 2015, while the mustang took a solid nose dive off the nearest cliff, almost in pace with the camaro, just offset by a year. which is even more embarrassing when the mustang used to outsell the camaro almost threefold year on year. not even talking about raw sales numbers here, the S550 is seriously lacking vs its competitors. As you said yourself, the market they're in is a changing market, so Ford needs to act and change the mustang to target the up and coming generation.
The last two years (2021 and 2022 actually), the Mustang's production was severely limited by supply issues. Much more so than the Challenger. So we've also got to toss those two plandemic years.

You can't sell what doesn't exist. Something you would know about, and wouldn't need explained to you, if you were part of the S550 community. Like being a member over at mustang6g.

So, again, no. The Mustang (up until the plandemic) was beating all it's direct competitors. Call it 2015-2021, those 7 sales years.

The S550 was a sales success, and took the market-category crown.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last two years (2021 and 2022 actually), the Mustang's production was severely limited by supply issues. Much more so than the Challenger. So we've also got to toss those two plandemic years.
ok sure, i guess since ford had supply constraints we can discount since they obviously lost to dodge that year...whats that? the F150 STILL outsold the Ram in the same time frame? strange its almost like theres more to it than supply constraints...

for the rest of the years congrats you manage to outsell in a market that barely makes any fucking money, now drive that fucker into the ground instead of adapting to changing times because market trends change and sales have been actively slipping since the inception year of the S550, sure.
Sponsored