• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Take a Deep Breath

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
TBH I always have the opposite feeling; that fans defend the company too much. You can like something and still be critical of it, ask any movie or pop-culture buff.

If I recall that last thread, the OP was simply stating their intention to check panel gaps on dealer allocations instead of doing a retail order, as the latter could cloud their judgement and leave them with a dud as far as build quality -- a sentiment not to dissimilar from a sticky thread on the 6g forums: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...watch-out-for-tips-with-a-happy-ending.19261/

I did not follow this advice with my recent 2023 order and regret it. The panel gaps are fine, but it's clear from the alignment sheet the chassis is crooked; so it seems one quality issue was traded for another.

Whether you take a fine-toothed comb to your potential purchase is your choice, but I can't see why it would hurt or why it's a bad thing at all. I mean, we all do the bag check at the drive-thru; why wouldn't you at least put the same amount of due diligence on a 50k+ sports car? Take it from somebody who didn't, haha.
Love to see your alignment sheet, as a long time tech, would like to see what "crooked" is.
Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
It’s the “Cabbage Patch doll syndrome” the manufacturer mentality and a way to do business to drive up price and hold interest.

In todays ever increasing “competition society” keeping up with the Jones, jealousy of thy neighbor, it all works in their (Car manufacturing) best interest told hold ‘em’ back to keep the MSRP or better sales rolling.

just an opinion - means nothing, a guess is all 👍🏻

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Exactly, thankee sai.
I got the following from the dealerships delivered to my home they were in state but a great distance away - or out of state deliveries …

1. 2020 Hellcat wide body front bumper damage upon delivery - sent back

2. 2021 Challenger Scat Pack body roof line dent - fixed

3. 2022 Bronco Wild Trac - passenger lower door dimple - fixed

4. 2022 F150 Lariat - all four wheels scratched and gouged from shipping dealer replace all 4 wheels.

this is what your getting today because they hire Gorillas to load cars or ship direct …
“ Pay peanuts- get Monkeys”

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
I've got to say that much of the "got-to-be-the-first-to-own" angst is brought about by this very attitude. I've learned over the years, regardless of brand, to do the exact opposite. I'll usually wait a year or two, or even three before I purchase a new or heavily revised model of anything. My past philosophy of never being an early adopter almost always has paid off. The few times I've let my emotions take the wheel, usually end in disappointment. Lessons learned...

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I've got to say that much of the "got-to-be-the-first-to-own" angst is brought about by this very attitude. I've learned over the years, regardless of brand, to do the exact opposite. I'll usually wait a year or two, or even three before I purchase a new or heavily revised model of anything. My past philosophy of never being an early adopter almost always has paid off. The few times I've let my emotions take the wheel, usually end in disappointment. Lessons learned...
Agree. Beeing the first is a psychological feeling that people get to enhoy their stuff. I don't say it's good or bad. I encourage people to feed themselves with good feelings. So if that is what it takes, do it.

I rather watch how the first and second year does before I jump in.

Dutch expression: The cat that watches from a tree.
Meaning: Observering the situation before acting.

And because my spec is something that I would easily find as a showroom car, I rather wait until the car is in the showroom and buy it there after inspecting it for panel fitment and etc.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Agree. Beeing the first is a psychological feeling that people get to enhoy their stuff. I don't say it's good or bad. I encourage people to feed themselves with good feelings. So if that is what it takes, do it.

I rather watch how the first and second year does before I jump in.

Dutch expression: The cat that watches from a tree.
Meaning: Observering the situation before acting.

And because my spec is something that I would easily find as a showroom car, I rather wait until the car is in the showroom and buy it there after inspecting it for panel fitment and etc.
Being an early adopter has plenty of benefits that I've personally experienced. Also extended warranties exist for a reason.

1. Being first on the road in the new model feels good and it turns a lot of heads
2. Sponsorships and free parts from companies looking to market and test. I've personally been sponsored by Mickey thompson, advanti wheels and SCT and received other free parts/discounts from companies just looking to test fitment (aluminum radiator, intercooler, intakes)
3. This is the biggest for me. By the time the next generation comes out, you're ready to buy again. Many (not all) of the people who just bought a 2021-2023 will either have to take an immediate hit or wait until they have decent equity to buy a 2024

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Being an early adopter has plenty of benefits that I've personally experienced. Also extended warranties exist for a reason.

1. Being first on the road in the new model feels good and it turns a lot of heads
2. Sponsorships and free parts from companies looking to market and test. I've personally been sponsored by Mickey thompson, advanti wheels and SCT and received other free parts/discounts from companies just looking to test fitment (aluminum radiator, intercooler, intakes)
3. This is the biggest for me. By the time the next generation comes out, you're ready to buy again. Many (not all) of the people who just bought a 2021-2023 will either have to take an immediate hit or wait until they have decent equity to buy a 2024
Do you reach out to companies or how do they find you? Would love to test parts once my GT comes in.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Maybe he’s a YouTube sensation
Do you reach out to companies or how do they find you? Would love to test parts once my GT comes in.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm no youtube sensation lol. In my case they were more like coincidences. I lived close to American Muscle, Mishimoto and Evolution Performance on the PA/DE line. If you go to some of the parts maker's websites there is actually a form for sponsorships like this:

Sponsorship - PowerStop Brakes

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I'll usually wait a year or two, or even three before I purchase a new or heavily revised model of anything
when did you buy your first carbon-fiber fork or frame? :)
Or those new-fangled derailleurs, or disk brakes?

Mine still have down-tube indexed shifters, no suspension, 700C wheels, and side-pull brakes.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
when did you buy your first carbon-fiber fork or frame? :)
Or those new-fangled derailleurs, or disk brakes?

Mine still have down-tube indexed shifters, no suspension, 700C wheels, and side-pull brakes.
Not until long after the issues with the first glued tubes, and even the issues with monocoque were long resolved and the prices started to drop. I was a big tube Klein guy for many years!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I'm no youtube sensation lol. In my case they were more like coincidences. I lived close to American Muscle, Mishimoto and Evolution Performance on the PA/DE line. If you go to some of the parts maker's websites there is actually a form for sponsorships like this:

Sponsorship - PowerStop Brakes
Agreed that proximity is a big part. You mention PA, I would almost promise if you lived in, or near horsham, and had one of the first builds in your state, AWE would give you their axle back so long as you put a sticker on the back glass.

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Some people on this forum need to relax. I'm seeing people argue about panel gaps on prototypes and pre-production cars along with people arguing over price discrepancies with the configurator. Production hasn't even started yet and the 2023 Mustang is still listed online and in the configurator. Not trying to play devil's advocate, but obviously Ford is still trying to sort everything out which is why we aren't seeing other things such as press reviews, performance numbers, etc). Set low expectations and work up from that. The wait will be a lot more bearable.
1. quality of service, products, communication has been on a steady decline and with covid it was accelerated. I agree with the author of this post. I keep my expectations very low and if I am pleasantly surprised then great...
2. I know it's exciting getting something new, but eventually the "thrill" wears off as it's often the chase that gives people the thrill. Just remember that in 5-7 years this site will be like the S550 (6g) forum. The excitement and buzz will be gone. Only the dedicated one's who actually hang unto their cars for more than a few years will remain active and posting.

Have patience....

A quote from Mr Spock:
"After a time, you may find that ‘having’ is not so pleasing a thing after all as ‘wanting.’ It is not logical, but it is often true.” –Mr. Spock (AMOK TIME, STAR TREK TOS)
S650 Mustang Take a Deep Breath spock

Last edited:

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Sponsored