• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Superchargers.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I plan on shortly buying one for my 24 GT. Are there any that have a tune? ProCharger has in there ad mention it. Not ever owning one I was interested in the 315 HP which would put me
a little over the 800 HP. My biggest ? Is should I buy one install it and wait for the tune? Will it right now give you the benefit of the 315HP. I have no real knowledge, thanks for an advice.
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Whipple based super chargers are the only ones with a tune right now. I think they have 2 options. One where you make about 800 HP and it comes with some kind of warranty and one where you make about 850 HP and there is no warranty. There is a VMP and Ford Racing branded version but they are all rebranded Whipple units. Also, this forum has a section dedicated to Superchargers & Turbochargers. See below.

Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Dark Horse, GT, EcoBoost, GT500, GT350, Mach 1)

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
imo, No tune no sale. No offense to ford but Iā€™m not sure I trust the ā€˜stockā€™ tune to be able to take full advantage of the add

OP
OP
dollybud

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipple based super chargers are the only ones with a tune right now. I think they have 2 options. One where you make about 800 HP and it comes with some kind of warranty and one where you make 850 HP and there is no warranty. There is a VMP and Ford Racing branded version but they are all rebranded Whipple units. Also, this forum has a section dedicated to Supercharging.
Thanks
imo, No tune no sale. No offense to ford but Iā€™m not sure I trust the ā€˜stockā€™ tune to be able to take full advantage of the add
Im going to do the same, no tune no sale

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Both Ford Performance and the OG Whipple kits (plus our future Lethal one) are all offered with a tune. They are complete kits, so you'll require no other mods to get it done!

With that being said, yes, Procharger is finalizing their kit, too, and we're super excited to see it.

Our offerings are found here:
CLICK ME!

also, we love our 24 with a Whipple... check out our YouTube with content on it:
Click me for videos!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Update on shipping for the other 49 states that donā€™t respect C.A.R.B. ?

OP
OP
dollybud

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both Ford Performance and the OG Whipple kits (plus our future Lethal one) are all offered with a tune. They are complete kits, so you'll require no other mods to get it done!

With that being said, yes, Procharger is finalizing their kit, too, and we're super excited to see it.

CLICK ME!

also, we love our 24 with a Whipple... check out our YouTube with content on it:
Click me for videos!
I donā€™t think you could go wrong with Ford/Whipple and ProCharger with tunes available now.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I donā€™t think you could go wrong with Ford/Whipple and ProCharger with tunes available now.
Get it now, run with the Ford/Whipple tune, then tune it again (to include all your other options) after they open it up. Easy peasy.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Currently I would stick with Ford 'blessed' as this is a new field.
You can always swap in a new tune as things get easier for the tuners.

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
Iā€™m in Ohio. Are the Ford Performance Whipple kits installed by the dealer or self install?

CLICK ME!

Click me for videos!

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Iā€™m in Ohio. Are the Ford Performance Whipple kits installed by the dealer or self install?
You can take it to them, or any place that has experience with whipple installation and ASE certified. That's the only way to keep your warranty and use the Ford performance warranty.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
It's worth noting that there has been some misconception that the Ford Performance kit has labor included with the price, that is incorrect.

It's closer to $15k installed for that kit at a dealership with warranty.

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
I figured as much. Iā€™m assuming, knowing itā€™s under warranty, we can trust the Ford Dealer installers?

It's worth noting that there has been some misconception that the Ford Performance kit has labor included with the price, that is incorrect.

It's closer to $15k installed for that kit at a dealership with warranty.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I had gotten two emails of where to have it done in Ohio and Pa! What city are you close to?
Sponsored