• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Suggestions for Cleaning the Front Grill?

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
I cleaned my car this morning and found on my 2024 GT that the grill has all these little nooks and crannies. I bang up my nails and hands and I end up looking like a mechanic with black nails.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what to use to clean that and my tires where the lug nuts are??
Sponsored

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Had the same thing happen to me. Read up a bunch about it and after trying various things, I now use paintbrushes of different widths and rigidity. For things like bugs encrusted in the grille, or brake dust in the lug nut wells and other crannies, after an initial blast with the power washer, I let the bug product for the grille soak in a little bit, and then use the paintbrush to help work the product in, so it can do its thing softening the bugs. I go generally around the whole area, not trying to completely get one particular bug off right away. Working the product in and then go over the whole area again and they just fall off. Same principle with the wheels.
Lots of good videos on YouTube.

OP
OP
missenow2011

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!! I never thought of that. I never thought to look on YouTube either. Thank you! I guess I need to do more research.

Reactions: JAL

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
I bought a deal from Walmart that has a removable mit on it that works pretty good. As for the tires and wheels, get a bottle bleach white tire cleaner and a can of nvr dull. Spray wheel and tire down good and let them sit a minute or so then use a pressure washer or water hose with good pressure and rinse them off. After you get done washing the rest of the car and wheels dry off, use a small amount of the nvr dull and polish all the wheels good. Then use a good microfiber towel and wipe them clean. Turn out really well. That’s what I do on the vehicles I detail.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thank you!! I never thought of that. I never thought to look on YouTube either. Thank you! I guess I need to do more research.
Then use a good microfiber towel and wipe them clean. Turn out really well. That’s what I do on the vehicles I detail.
I used to dry with microfiber towels but now I use a leaf blower. Have you tried that? I get better and faster results that way.

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
I used to dry with microfiber towels but now I use a leaf blower. Have you tried that? I get better and faster results that way.
I don’t have a leaf blower and I don’t have room for one in the car while out detailing others vehicles

OP
OP
missenow2011

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a deal from Walmart that has a removable mit on it that works pretty good. As for the tires and wheels, get a bottle bleach white tire cleaner and a can of nvr dull. Spray wheel and tire down good and let them sit a minute or so then use a pressure washer or water hose with good pressure and rinse them off. After you get done washing the rest of the car and wheels dry off, use a small amount of the nvr dull and polish all the wheels good. Then use a good microfiber towel and wipe them clean. Turn out really well. That’s what I do on the vehicles I detail.
great idea!! Thank you so much!!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I cleaned my car this morning and found on my 2024 GT that the grill has all these little nooks and crannies. I bang up my nails and hands and I end up looking like a mechanic with black nails.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what to use to clean that and my tires where the lug nuts are??
For the wheels, you want a either a boars hair or synthetic brush. If the wheels have a gloss finish, I would favor the synthetic bristles as they are much softer and safer.

These are the best brushes on the market, I would have at least one of each in the long handle version regardless.
Detail Factory - Ultra-Soft Detailing Brushes | The Rag Company
Detail Factory - Boar Hair Detailing Brushes | The Rag Company

More info here -
Must Have Tools for Wheel & Tire Cleaning | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Dark Horse, GT, EcoBoost, GT500, GT350, Mach 1)

For the grill, you want the softest brush possible, something like the Detail Factory Ultra Soft Synthetic brush linked above. These are softest brushes I have found, while also being extremely durable, so you will have it for years.

feb21214.jpg

While you are washing the car, agitated the grill using the brush in tandem with your soapy water, foam or some All Purpose Cleaner. Rinse and repeat if needed.

The alternative would be to use some APC and a brush wrapped with a towel to poke into each segment. Tedious though..........................

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Funny. I just came across this this past weekend (trying to clean the front grill). I've just come to terms that this time of year is hopeless to keep the car looking clean for more than two days. Cleaning bug guts off of it is a pain without scratching it. The only thing I can think to help is to not drive at night... especially on back country roads... bugs galore!

OP
OP
missenow2011

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the wheels, you want a either a boars hair or synthetic brush. If the wheels have a gloss finish, I would favor the synthetic bristles as they are much softer and safer.

These are the best brushes on the market, I would have at least one of each in the long handle version regardless.
Detail Factory - Ultra-Soft Detailing Brushes | The Rag Company
Detail Factory - Boar Hair Detailing Brushes | The Rag Company

More info here -
Must Have Tools for Wheel & Tire Cleaning | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Dark Horse, GT, EcoBoost, GT500, GT350, Mach 1)

For the grill, you want the softest brush possible, something like the Detail Factory Ultra Soft Synthetic brush linked above. These are softest brushes I have found, while also being extremely durable, so you will have it for years.

feb21214.jpg

While you are washing the car, agitated the grill using the brush in tandem with your soapy water, foam or some All Purpose Cleaner. Rinse and repeat if needed.

The alternative would be to use some APC and a brush wrapped with a towel to poke into each segment. Tedious though..........................

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg
Thank you for all the resources!!!

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I have ceramic coated so it is easier to clean off everything but I use a soft flagged tipped brush. Works like a charm and takes me only a minute or two to go over the front of the car.

S650 Mustang Suggestions for Cleaning the Front Grill? IMG_6464

OP
OP
missenow2011

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have ceramic coated so it is easier to clean off everything but I use a soft flagged tipped brush. Works like a charm and takes me only a minute or two to go over the front of the car.

IMG_6464.png
Thanks!! I have a ceramic coating too, but when it rains, I get this stuff from the road that just doesn’t wash off. I have to wash it off using a cloth.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Thanks!! I have a ceramic coating too, but when it rains, I get this stuff from the road that just doesn’t wash off. I have to wash it off using a cloth.
Is it a sticky substance or is it traffic film?
Sponsored