• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

STO-N-SHO ground clearance?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Curious if anyone who is using the STO-N-SHO front license plate bracket that mounts under the bumper can tell me the ground clearance? How much is lost due to installing this? Asking due to speed bumps in my neighborhood. Thanks!

S650 Mustang STO-N-SHO ground clearance? SNS372a_1
Sponsored

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
Ive had mine for about a month and haven't noticed a clearance issue at all. This, IMO, is the best looking front license plate bracket around, don't stress this one at all!!
S650 Mustang STO-N-SHO ground clearance? IMG_0899

S650 Mustang STO-N-SHO ground clearance? IMG_0899

S650 Mustang STO-N-SHO ground clearance? 3D044953-A703-473D-89FE-2EFEB6DFB719_1_105_c

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Ive had mine for about a month and haven't noticed a clearance issue at all. This, IMO, is the best looking front license plate bracket around, don't stress this one at all!!
IMG_0899.jpeg

IMG_0899.jpeg

3D044953-A703-473D-89FE-2EFEB6DFB719_1_105_c.jpeg
That looks good, and greeting from a fellow Marylander. Unfortunately mine has to mount off to the side due to the 401A package. I may try first going without and see how long before I get pulled over. Then may put it in the window, and probably still get pulled over. And eventually come to the conclusion that I have to go with this approach. No matter what, I'm not drilling that front bumper!

If you get a chance and could measure up from the ground to the bottom of the bracket I'd appreciate it. No rush. I'm going to measure the height of the speed bumps. I don't think they will be an issue but it's possible.

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
That looks good, and greeting from a fellow Marylander. Unfortunately mine has to mount off to the side due to the 401A package. I may try first going without and see how long before I get pulled over. Then may put it in the window, and probably still get pulled over. And eventually come to the conclusion that I have to go with this approach. No matter what, I'm not drilling that front bumper!

If you get a chance and could measure up from the ground to the bottom of the bracket I'd appreciate it. No rush. I'm going to measure the height of the speed bumps. I don't think they will be an issue but it's possible.
Greetings from SOMD!!!! I'll try to get out later and measure for you. The dealer installed the factory license plate holder (I asked them to) so I had holes when I swapped to this one. I did order some Bumper Plugs in the factory Dark Matter Grey paint and they actually look really good!!

BumperPlugs.com

ecc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang Coupe, 24 Mustang GT, 24 Blazer RS

I put mine off to the side. It doesn't bother me anymore. I haven't had issues with speed bumps. But I think I have scraped it a couple of times coming out of my work parking garage. It's underground in the city, so really steep coming up. It hasn't caused any visible damage though.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I have to very carefully exit my driveway for it to not scrape. Slowly and at a very sharp angle. Mine is right off the center.
My driveway is the slanted curb style.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Here is my Sto-N-Sho.. Premium GT stock , 401a no PP.... Hope this helps.

S650 Mustang STO-N-SHO ground clearance? sns
Sponsored