• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Steeda short throw shifter - anyone install yet?

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse and 2023 Mach-E GT
Are you sure you got the 2024 Steeda spring? My install looked just like their instructions.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Magic88

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Are you sure you got the 2024 Steeda spring? My install looked just like their instructions.
It was the right part number on the packaging, but I don't think it is. Thank you for confirming it is the wrong one

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm dead in the water, my race ramps weren't tall enough for me to fit under it to get the transmission. Called our best tech at the dealership and he's going to put it in for me. Best $160.00 I'm probably going to spend, haha
Is it installed yet? Looking forward to hearing back as i want to order the same!

OP
OP
Magic88

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Is it installed yet? Looking forward to hearing back as i want to order the same!
Just got finished and took it for a drive. Night and day difference! I could tell the minute I went from 1st to 2nd, there was a going to be a massive difference. Slop is gone, nice and tight, sits an inch lower and feels a lot more comfortable shifting. I've got an aftermarket aluminum shift knob, that fit right back on just fine. Just have to adjust the locking nut down far enough that you can get it lined up to your liking. Reviews on Steeda's website stating they had an issue going from 3rd to 2nd, not a problem here.

Recommend 10 out of 10 times, do it!
Sponsored