• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop Job 2 GT

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
That is not the posters real window sticker. There are no numbers on it and it clearly states “not for sale”. I seem to recall this was a preproduction sticker. Also US M6 cars will not have ASS. I do not know about export models.
Yes, that is the actual Window sticker but it is still incomplete. Mine was like that for about a week and then, suddenly on Monday, it was complete with EPA figs and pricing. My Blend date is 1/26 but it shows 2/12 on the Window sticker now under the words Special Order. I got an email from Ford saying my original production date had been delayed from 1/12 to 1/29 and then delayed again. The tracker still shows 1/29 as production date though.
And yes, it has Start/Stop system listed (no charge, haha) and mine is a MT/6 speed.
Sponsored

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
Window sticker with blend date tomorrow. Automatic GT convertible shows no charge start stop will be installed. Canada destination.
S650 Mustang Start/Stop Job 2 GT IMG_6244

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
They don't charge for S/S. You will be getting it.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting and possibly related tidbit: My job 2 GT convertible auto with the auto start/stop supposedly consumes 12.6 litres per 100km:
S650 Mustang Start/Stop Job 2 GT IMG_0654
Whereas a near-identical Job 1 car built last July (window sticker pulled from a dealer inventory search) has a slightly worse rating of 13.1 litres per 100km:
S650 Mustang Start/Stop Job 2 GT IMG_0653

The MPG conversions from litres/100km are incorrect on these stickers, BTW. Mine should show 18.6 mpg and the job 1 car should be 17.9 mpg.

Think the addition of auto start/stop is behind this? I’m guessing it is because the improvement is all in the city mileage figure.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
Window sticker with blend date tomorrow. Automatic GT convertible shows no charge start stop will be installed. Canada destination.
IMG_6244.png
How did you get the window sticker?

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Seems like there is a delay in shipping these job 2 cars. Mine was built on 2/8 and has been sitting in ramp 51 according to ford chat. Still listed as in production. I wonder if it has something to do with the start stop

I found a few other cars that were built first week of Feb and was able to use ford tracker. They all look like they are built but stuck on in production on the tracker.

I just received this email from ford.

We’ve made great progress on your new Ford vehicle but have unfortunately experienced unexpected delays.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
This topic is all over the forums already, and it's been confirmed. 6 speed manuals will be getting start/stop if it's built after a certain date.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
This topic is all over the forums already, and it's been confirmed. 6 speed manuals will be getting start/stop if it's built after a certain date.
All Mustangs regardless of transmission will get them if built after Jan 1.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
My GT does not have the auto-stop however I am renting an Ecoboost and it does have it. A quick search of the onscreen menu will permanently disable it.
Any comments on the GT vs EB? Just curious what you think of the EB compared to your GT? My GT just got scheduled today and I had recently changed the order from an EB to a GT. I hope I made the right decision:)

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
A quick search of the onscreen menu will permanently disable it.
That’s the best news regarding that bad news ! 🤣

BYBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Any comments on the GT vs EB? Just curious what you think of the EB compared to your GT? My GT just got scheduled today and I had recently changed the order from an EB to a GT. I hope I made the right decision:)
There’s no replacement for displacement.

5.0 is a monster. EB is peppy, but is almost an entire engine worth of horsepower less. If you just want to look cool driving a car, EB is probably fine. If you want to know you can shred the tires off almost anytime you want, get the coyote!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
My GT does not A quick search of the onscreen menu will permanently disable it.
My GT does not have the auto-stop however I am renting an Ecoboost and it does have it. A quick search of the onscreen menu will permanently disable it.
Screech what 🤔

not saying I’m suddenly all for it or even wanting to imply anything in that direction, however that being said.

any chance to can post a pic of the menu setting. It would be a welcome addition but it’s been my understanding it always recycles every (ignition key cycle) power on/off cycle.
Sponsored

Last edited: