• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So I Spent 2 Weeks with a Mach-E...

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse and 2023 Mach-E GT
I daily a 2023 Mach-E GT Performance while my Dark Horse is mostly brought out of the garage when the weather is really nice. It's a fun daily to drive and surprisingly versatile. I even used it to get a new replacement tall water heater home last week. Electricity cost is about a sixth of what premium fuel costs me for the same mileage.
Sponsored

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
And Iā€™m sure that some of you have seen or heard about the Concept Shelby Mach-e. I think I saw a vid on YouTube or an article somewhere but from the Specs being described, it was Hella Fast with a 0-60 time in less than 3 seconds, if my memory serves me correctly. Anyway, Iā€™ve seen quite a few Mach-eā€™s on the road here lately and theyā€™ve kinda grown on me.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This thread made me start looking at new/used Es for saleā€¦ you can get the GT used for 30-35K (with 65k msrp)

maybe a sick ass around the town daily
thatā€™s an insane price for a GT Mach E, used or no. Would make a nice short commute daily driver for sure.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
And Iā€™m sure that some of you have seen or heard about the Concept Shelby Mach-e. I think I saw a vid on YouTube or an article somewhere but from the Specs being described, it was Hella Fast with a 0-60 time in less than 3 seconds, if my memory serves me correctly. Anyway, Iā€™ve seen quite a few Mach-eā€™s on the road here lately and theyā€™ve kinda grown on me.
shelby has done trucks too, so why not?

itā€™s more than a concept. Will be available only in Europe at least initially. Only 100 will be built. Itā€™s listed under Shelby Exports.

the 0-60 time will be a disappointment though. No sub 3 seconds here. LOL

Shelby does add ā€¦ and I kid you notā€¦ Borlaā€™s v8 mp3 sounds that play through a set of speakersā€¦ soā€¦ there that. Link here if anyoneā€™s interested for their Mach e:

https://www.borla.com/active-perfor...MIpvLFvtfmhQMVvtLCBB1yBQh7EAAYASAAEgLoXfD_BwE

Itā€™s expensive though. About the cost of an actual cat-back and h/x pipe.

to be honest, they really beat the grocery getter with an ugly stick though. That appearance package is not what we might hope for.

https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-Mustang-Mach-E-GT

no performance upgrades. All handling, styling, and minor lightweighting.

but really youā€™d only want the handling and lightweighting portions of that deal.

mach e is a fine little e-suv. Just like the F series lightning is a good e-truck for the most part. But neither are really a Mustang. No matter of there are Shelby variants, horse stickers, etc.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
the Mach e had a decent start, then sales dropped off a rather steep cliff.
saying it dropped off a steep cliff is an understatement. my dealer cannot sell any Mach-Es or Lightnings and we still have plenty of 2023MY ones and are offering 4k-11.5k off MSRP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
saying it dropped off a steep cliff is an understatement. my dealer cannot sell any Mach-Es or Lightnings and we still have plenty of 2023MY ones and are offering 4k-11.5k off MSRP
itā€™s unfortunate.
I think there are a number of reasons, not the least of which was calling it a mustang.

but then thereā€™s the tv market getting saturated, the possibility that those looking for an ev might not trust Ford in that segment as much as others such as Tesla

itā€™s a bit of a blessing in disguise though. If it sold well, ford would convince itself it was because of the ā€œbrilliantā€ marketing, giving it the mustang name. Then weā€™d see them call everything Mustang.ā€ Hopefully this reality check knocked some sense into the boardroom.

the sad part is that itā€™s a capable, attractive, and somewhat affordable E-SUV. charging rates arenā€™t bad, mileage/range is decent, and itā€™s not dog slow. If theyā€™d have given it its own identity, theyā€™d have more room to market it directly against the competition and it would likely fare better.

wOils love to see a bit of a redesign combined with a total nomenclature/marketing do-over thst sets things right. The Mustang deserves better. And so does the Mach E.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Yep, not only did they disgrace the Mustang nameplate, but they threw the Mach nameplate in there as well. Double whammy.

Probe would have been the perfect name for this car. Ford's execs dropped the ball on that.

I'm sure it makes a great daily, but the insane pricing on it kills the value. A person can buy a LOT of gasoline with that $15k jump in price.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The RWD , IC Engine Mustang is very likely going away at some point. So if that is the only thing you will accept as a Mustang, then the brand will disappear completely in a few years. Is that what you think Ford should do?
Whatever comes after S650 will have more in common with the Mach E than the S650.
It seems like the s750 or whatever it's called will keep the V8 option. That car is almost certainly in development with how car development cycles work. The s550 was in development before the '10 generation came out for instance. Products in development tend to follow trends dictated by upper management, and Farley is basically having the mentality of V8 all of the things, and has stated the V8 mustang isn't going out of production until they're forced to pull it.

Now would be a great time to give the mustang that new platform everyone wants. Design it like the new charger where it can accommodate gas, hybrid, and EV powertrains. Just like that, you have a modern and competitive platform that hedges your bets against any direction the enthusiast car market goes in.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yep, not only did they disgrace the Mustang nameplate, but they threw the Mach nameplate in there as well. Double whammy.

Probe would have been the perfect name for this car. Ford's execs dropped the ball on that.

I'm sure it makes a great daily, but the insane pricing on it kills the value. A person can buy a LOT of gasoline with that $15k jump in price.
The mach-e starts at sub 40k. The gt performance pack is in the mid 60s, and that's something that at least on the low speeds, rivals the acceleration of the gt500 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. It's expensive, but it's not a terrible value. The next generation of smaller Ford EVs will be 25-30k so the price is coming down.
Sponsored