• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So every 5.0 S650 could easily be 500hp?

OP
OP
Rio Lobo

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Not to discourage you but you should consider putting a few hundred miles on the car before taking it to a dyno. The engine should be broke in to loosen it for proper oil flow and it may generate a few more horse power that way. Last but not least, the engine will last longer if you do a proper break in.
Pretty sure these guys are out to get as much from the 4th gen Coyote as quickly as possible. Last thing on their minds is taking it easy. (That's what I get from their User ID)

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
Not to discourage you but you should consider putting a few hundred miles on the car before taking it to a dyno. The engine should be broke in to loosen it for proper oil flow and it may generate a few more horse power that way. Last but not least, the engine will last longer if you do a proper break in.
Oh well understood and good advice...but it does not worry me. My dyno will break it in very well. :)

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

LOL Break in!

I have always drove every car off the lot as I always intended to drive it. Some went straight to the dyno, some went straight to the drag strip and some got turbos or superchargers before 500 miles.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
LOL Break in!

I have always drove every car off the lot as I always intended to drive it. Some went straight to the dyno, some went straight to the drag strip and some got turbos or superchargers before 500 miles.
Remind me to never buy a car from you

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Remind me to never buy a car from you

I hope every car you ever bought was gotten straight off the truck because if you gotten one with more than a few miles in it then your break in just went out the window.

Engine break in is subjective as even performance engine builders have different methods unlike what the factories state. Do you have to do it for factory-built vehicles, no. But do it if it makes you feel better.

Even lots of dealerships don't follow break-in procedures at all.

I haven't and never had any issues. My cars rarely ever go back to a dealership after I take delivery.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adding 14 hp is not a concerning factor GT vs DH 5.0 in reference to engine life. SC'd yotes live in the realm of 700-800 or more HP happily.

GT Track Pack vs DH suspension differences are MagnerRide calibration based and spring rate. They can all handle plenty of HP more then factory numbers.
So, in the end, a properly configured gt with a trans swap (manual version auto is the same), retune and some aero bits makes a dark pony into a dark horse? Actually making the gt grin larger if true.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So, in the end, a properly configured gt with a trans swap (manual version auto is the same), retune and some aero bits makes a dark pony into a dark horse? Actually making the gt grin larger if true.
Trans swap?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Reactions: Zig